Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2007393 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4320 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 19:09:52 »

Exactly, good olde sovereignty, getting power back into the hands of the elected officials of the UK , enabling them to do what's best for the old Dame Blighty.  I think UKIP stood at the last election on a Hard Brexit stance, maybe they should have received more votes if people were worried their MP's wouldn't do what they wanted them to do.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4321 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 19:12:34 »

And if someone stands at the next Election with a policy idea of building a wall on the Irish border, with the EU paying for it of course, then I assume it will be a landslide.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4322 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 21:11:13 »

this is what you voted for
Don’t talk out your arse.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4323 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 21:21:15 »

He isn't.  This is all there ever was.

This is what you voted for.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #4324 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 21:39:10 »

He isn't.  This is all there ever was.

This is what you voted for.
And you
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4325 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 21:40:24 »

And if someone stands at the next Election with a policy idea of building a wall on the Irish border, with the EU paying for it of course, then I assume it will be a landslide.
The wall would fall down if there was a landslide!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4326 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 21:54:39 »

And you

You voted to get our Sovereignty back, and Parliament is showing exactly what that means - you get people who you voted for who represent you and make decisions for you in Government.  UKIP is probably where people need to vote if they want the complete Hard Brexit enacted, the Conservatives were not that far down the road as a group and Labour MP's would probably ask to rejoin the EU.  Tho choice was yours, UKIP got how many MP's?  We get the Govt we deserve now. no EU excuses.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #4327 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 21:57:40 »

You too
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4328 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 07:17:44 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
this is what you voted for

we are leaving the EU. people knew what they voted for. Taking back control.

This is parliament in action. Oh wait, its not perfect and is quite self serving. Well, what a shock. Same old shit.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 08:51:27 by Batch » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4329 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 08:32:56 »

You too

Excellent debating skills

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4330 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 09:02:19 »

we are leaving the EU. people knew what they voted for. Taking back control.

This is parliament in action. Oh wait, its not perfect and is quite self serving. Well, what a shock. Same old shit.

It's almost as if the problem was actually our government and MPs all along and the EU was more a convenient shibboleth for the likes of Johnson and Gove to make cheap political capital out of.

Yes, I know there's loads wrong with the EU, and there is a cogent argument for leaving it, although it wasn't made during the referendum campaign, but there's been so much shit spoken about "taking back control" and "sovereignty of our parliament" by people who are now balking at the prospect that parliament might assert it's sovereignty.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 09:05:35 by pauld » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4331 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 09:43:36 »

You voted to get our Sovereignty back, and Parliament is showing exactly what that means - you get people who you voted for who represent you and make decisions for you in Government.  UKIP is probably where people need to vote if they want the complete Hard Brexit enacted, the Conservatives were not that far down the road as a group and Labour MP's would probably ask to rejoin the EU.  Tho choice was yours, UKIP got how many MP's?  We get the Govt we deserve now. no EU excuses.

Actually the main thing that has come out of the last couple of days is to reinforce that we always had sovereignty and never actually 'lost it', sadly its taken the hated ECJ to rule against our government, who wanted to hide things from parliament and the people and perpetuate the myth, to prove that point.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4332 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 09:47:39 »

It's almost as if the problem was actually our government and MPs all along and the EU was more a convenient shibboleth for the likes of Johnson and Gove to make cheap political capital out of.

Yes, I know there's loads wrong with the EU, and there is a cogent argument for leaving it, although it wasn't made during the referendum campaign, but there's been so much shit spoken about "taking back control" and "sovereignty of our parliament" by people who are now balking at the prospect that parliament might assert it's sovereignty.

I think the fact that during the 'debate' yesterday afternoon*, all that May could retort to comments regarding her own governments projections noting a financial shit storm was, but we are stopping free movement (they ain't!) rather shows a) where her priorities actually lie and b) what she thinks is the only way of dragging this sorry carcas over the line.

* Watched about an hour of it and good god, who would be a MP, hours of showboating, Dennis Skinner being a belligerent knob and the same questions and answers over and over again, even Bercow was viably losing the will to live by the end of it!

I hope we do get a vote of no confidence today, although can we possibly extend it to a vote of no confidence in the opposition as well?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4333 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 09:51:44 »

I think the fact that during the 'debate' yesterday afternoon*, all that May could retort to comments regarding her own governments projections noting a financial shit storm was, but we are stopping free movement (they ain't!) rather shows a) where her priorities actually lie and b) what she thinks is the only way of dragging this sorry carcas over the line.
tbf, Brexit was always a political rather than economic project - i.e. it is a political move that carries a financial cost rather than bringing economic benefits, that was always a load of bullshit on a bus. Those that believe in Brexit think that cost is a hit worth taking for the political benefits they desire (and possibly hoping to offset some of it further down the line). Where you stand on Brexit is really about that - are the political benefits actually benefits and if so are they worth the economic pain?
Combe Up

« Reply #4334 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 12:14:30 »

tbf, Brexit was always a political rather than economic project - i.e. it is a political move that carries a financial cost rather than bringing economic benefits, that was always a load of bullshit on a bus. Those that believe in Brexit think that cost is a hit worth taking for the political benefits they desire (and possibly hoping to offset some of it further down the line). Where you stand on Brexit is really about that - are the political benefits actually benefits and if so are they worth the economic pain?

Spot on...

"Non-Footy Forum / The Nevillew General Discussion Forum / Re: Let's Get Political!
on: Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 18:23:56
Started by herthab, Message by Combe Up
Relevance: 43.3%
I'm with chalk. I voted to leave because the end game for Europe is political union. Thank you all who voted the same way. We got out while we could. If that means some personal financial pain for me or my country then it will be worth it."

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: