Pages: 1 ... 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2006890 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3915 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:18:38 »

Think I may need to hit Kefalonia before 30th March. I’ve got flights booked for 20th April.

What’s the end game here? May gets a no confidence vote. Does that trigger just a leadership election or a GE or both?

It seems obvious to me that the whole damn shebang will get kicked into the long grass.

Rees Mogg has been offered the Brexit Secretary job. Wtf!
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:21:23 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3916 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:21:18 »

Think I may need to hit Kefalonia before 30th March. I’ve got flights booked for 20th April.

What’s the end game here? May gets a no confidence vote. Does that trigger just a leadership election or a GE or both?

It seems obvious to me that the whole damn shebang will get kicked into the long grass.
Just a leadership challenge
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3917 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:28:53 »

I think its just a leadership challenge, if there were a GE no idea who would win, the fact that Corbyn is still, on the whole, behind in the polls just shows how much the public have seen through him.

As for Rees-Mogg getting a cabinet position I wouldn't blame May, and hang the odious twat out to dry ASAP. However, I would be amazed if he took any cabinet roll as it would mean him actually taking responsibility for something and he doesn't do that.

I have no sympathy for May as she took the job, but ultimately she is being held to account for failing to deliver the impossible, which has been plainly clear for months if not years, yet other Tories have managed to persuade much of the public that the utopia they describe (but never describe a means of practically getting there) and now continue to beat May with this bollocks.

So no sympathy but she is stuck between a lot of duplicitous/thick MP's and reality.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3918 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:46:04 »

Where's that from? Telegraph and Beeb reporting Gove has been offered it?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3919 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:53:26 »

Fake nooz!!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3920 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:58:21 »

Where's that from? Telegraph and Beeb reporting Gove has been offered it?

Would explain why he has been missing all morning....
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3921 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 13:05:22 »

He's just handed his letter in (on vellum, apparently) to the 1922 Committee.  If his acolytes follow, TM will be facing a leadership challenge very soon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3922 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 13:07:49 »

He's just handed his letter in (on vellum, apparently) to the 1922 Committee.  If his acolytes follow, TM will be facing a leadership challenge very soon.

Ut-oh. Imagine JRM, Gove or Boris taking the reigns. Dear lord.

Hope its defeated, but one assumes JRM has done the maths (or maybe its a protest strop).
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3923 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 13:09:29 »

Ut-oh. Imagine JRM, Gove or Boris taking the reigns. Dear lord.

Hope its defeated, but one assumes JRM has done the maths (or maybe its a protest strop).

I think its a foregone conclusion that the vote will happen, I hope that May goes and JRM stands to expose the self centred arsehole to proper scrutiny, unless he has learnt the lessons of Loathsome?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3924 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 13:09:49 »

Seems he may be on his own, with other ERG members choosing not to follow.  They're genuinely worried that if a leadership challenge takes place & fails, that TM's position is then strengthened...and, with it, the Brexit deal.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3925 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 13:17:11 »

Seems he may be on his own, with other ERG members choosing not to follow.
More great leadership from the swivel eyed wing of the Tory Party. These fuckwits are beyond satire
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3926 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 13:29:10 »

Seems he may be on his own, with other ERG members choosing not to follow.  They're genuinely worried that if a leadership challenge takes place & fails, that TM's position is then strengthened...and, with it, the Brexit deal.

Ken Clarke has been saying that if they force the vote they won't win, I suspect many of us (me included) forget that there are actually a lot of Tory MP's silent on this matter who actually support May and would rather she lead than some manner of nut job veering evermore to the hard right.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3927 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 13:30:20 »

The problem for the ERG is, if they force a VoNC in May and lose then she is protected for a year. Plenty long enough to push through her deal.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3928 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 13:37:23 »

Gove has affirmed his position as most spineless of the spineless cunt brigade by rejecting the offer to become brexit secretary

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3929 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 13:45:25 »

Gove has affirmed his position as most spineless of the spineless cunt brigade by rejecting the offer to become brexit secretary

Whilst I agree with your description he would be totally mental to take it, ultimately in the time available no new incumbent has the opportunity to do any better than this mess so all it would do is further damage his credibility (if that were possible).

If I were May I would offer it to Johnson next and then JRM just to show them for what they really are....
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: