Pages: 1 ... 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2007578 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3900 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 10:28:25 »

how many is that now 4 or 5 or 6?

Its getting to 'will the last one out turn the lights off territory'...

The reshuffle should be interesting, and to think that people took the mickey and suggested Corbyn was not fir to lead as he struggled to find enough support to fill a front bench....
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3901 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 10:29:36 »

Some quotes for those (RobertT) who think 52% voted for hard brexit.

Quote from: Daniel Hannan MEP
Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the Single Market

Quote from: Owen Paterson MP, Vote Leave backer
Only a madman would actually leave the Market

Quote from: Nigel Farage, Ukip leader
Wouldn't it be terrible if we were really like Norway and Switzerland? Really? They're rich. They're happy. They're self-governing

Quote from: Matthew Elliot, Vote Leave chief executive
The Norwegian option, the EEA option, I think that it might be initally attractive for some business people

Quote from: Arron Banks, Leave.EU founder
Increasingly, the Norway option looks the best for the UK
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3902 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 10:29:37 »

Except now we've given away almost all of our say and our vito in exchange to control a vastly over egged immigration "problem" and to get a blue passport.

Nobody wins in Brexit. Sure that's obvious.

SRK has really lost the plot now.... I don't recall any of Gove, Johnson, Farage, Mogg etc saying at referendum time Vote Leave otherwise your grandchildren will be conscripted into an EU army.

The present undercurrent is that Hammond has bunged the military some extra in the budget, because of Putin, but also because of Trump.... it may no longer be sensible to see the US as an ally, therefore as UK and France have the largest military capablities in Western Europe, we should be looking to further align our interests with them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/08/uk-france-relations-trump-report-brexit-nato
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3903 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 10:35:12 »

SRK has really lost the plot now.... I don't recall any of Gove, Johnson, Farage, Mogg etc saying at referendum time Vote Leave otherwise your grandchildren will be conscripted into an EU army.

The present undercurrent is that Hammond has bunged the military some extra in the budget, because of Putin, but also because of Trump.... it may no longer be sensible to see the US as an ally, therefore as UK and France have the largest military capablities in Western Europe, we should be looking to further align our interests with them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/08/uk-france-relations-trump-report-brexit-nato

As anything to do with the EU army would be sanctioned by the elected members of the EU parliament I still don't really get the big fuss about it, in the majority of cases now our brave lads (C) the Sun are commanded by other Nato states anyway so bar a johnny foreigner argument it holds no water.

May wittering in the commons now, Gove and the Scottish Secretary missing from her support group so maybe a few more to go yet...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3904 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 10:38:00 »

Rab C Exit (twitter)

I want to be next Brexit Secretary. Clearly if you don't agree with the deal you are notionally in charge of then you don't really do anything.

Therefore I intend to head to the south of France for 6 months and negotiate a friction-less trade of wine and good food into my mouth and wait for the whole thing to blow over. Can I have my expenses in Euros please.

Well done Batch. You're catching on.  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3905 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 10:57:34 »

Well done Batch. You're catching on.  Wink

It'll be a bit of sacrifice, but I'm willing to make it. In fact, may try and get Brexit delayed until June/July. Nobody can be expected to (not) negotiate below 22C ambient.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3906 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 10:58:52 »

Some quotes for those (RobertT) who think 52% voted for hard brexit.

Theresa May doesn't agree with you, she stated in the Commons a minute ago

Quote from: Theresa May
Jeremy Corbyn wants to stay in the EU's customs union and single market, but this "would not deliver" on the referendum result from 2016.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3907 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 11:57:53 »

Its getting to 'will the last one out turn the lights off territory'...

The reshuffle should be interesting, and to think that people took the mickey and suggested Corbyn was not fir to lead as he struggled to find enough support to fill a front bench....
TBF the fact that May clearly cannot lead, doesn't mean that Corbyn can
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3908 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:00:50 »

The lack of opposition adds to the farce.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3909 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:02:24 »

It'll be a bit of sacrifice, but I'm willing to make it. In fact, may try and get Brexit delayed until June/July. Nobody can be expected to (not) negotiate below 22C ambient.
Sorry Batch but your ability to sit straight on a toilet seat and actually differentiate your arse from your elbow rule you out on grounds of being far too competent for the post.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3910 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:06:17 »

The lack of opposition adds to the farce.

Labour is clear on the issue. 6 tests which will have to be met for Labour to support or reject the deal....

1. Does it ensure a strong and collaborative future relationship with the EU?

2. Does it deliver the “exact same benefits” as we currently have as members of the Single Market and Customs Union?

3. Does it ensure the fair management of migration in the interests of the economy and communities?

4. Does it defend rights and protections and prevent a race to the bottom?

5. Does it protect national security and our capacity to tackle cross-border crime?

6. Does it deliver for all regions and nations of the UK?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3911 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:07:38 »

Sorry Batch but your ability to sit straight on a toilet seat and actually differentiate your arse from your elbow rule you out on grounds of being far too competent for the post.

Damnit, you elbowhole
Flashheart

« Reply #3912 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:08:03 »

Sorry Batch but your ability to sit straight on a toilet seat and actually differentiate your arse from your elbow rule

You're assuming batch can actually do these things?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3913 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:10:17 »

Cunt

Smiley

Wait, that means I can go to france.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3914 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:16:43 »

Fair point. For the record, I have never seen Batch sit on the toilet, correctly or otherwise. And nor do I wish to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: