Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996403 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3060 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 08:50:19 »

Indeed.

I'd also suggest that Catholics and Protestants have probably caused more deaths and injuries through terrorist acts in the past 100 years than any by Islamic Fundamentalists.  both are clearly equally as bad as each other.

Go further back in our own history and both perspectives of the Christian religion have caused untold amounts of pain and misery, even limited to jut these shores.

Religion's are all pretty despicable.

I think there are genuine problems in organised religion but I'm not sure that stereotypes are helpful.  Joseph Stalin who avowedly sought to commit religion to history was not exactly averse to a little gentle co-ercion
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3061 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 08:54:36 »

I'd imagine the Catholic church and church of England are the two biggest paedophile rings in the UK.
They certainly have serious issues that I do not mean to diminish but let's not beat about the bush, parents are the biggest perpetrators of child abuse.  Not surprising if you think about it but in my view that is also a bigger betrayal than abuse by the local priest or scoutmaster or other stereotype.

One fact that is clear across the board: perpetrators of child abuse and neglect are most often the child's own parents. According to NCANDS, a 2005 study showed that 79.4% of child abusers were the parents, and the next largest pool of abusers consisted of unmarried partners of the parents of child victims. A whopping 40% of child victims were abused by their mothers acting alone, and a disturbing 17.3% were abused by both parents

poor, poor kids
« Last Edit: Monday, March 26, 2018, 09:01:39 by RedRag » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3062 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 11:46:06 »

I think there are genuine problems in organised religion but I'm not sure that stereotypes are helpful.  Joseph Stalin who avowedly sought to commit religion to history was not exactly averse to a little gentle co-ercion

Alright then, Religion and group ideologies.

I am probably not the best person to have this debate, I actually couldn't give much of a toss about National borders.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3063 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 12:10:45 »

Yeh, group ideology, whether religious, political or other, probably does cover it.

I'm with you  (let's form our own group  Wink )
Flashheart

« Reply #3064 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 12:11:59 »

I'm with you  (let's form our own group  Wink )

TEFism. The core tenet being that everybody is a cunt.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3065 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 12:32:00 »

Yes but only TEF-ists are the chosen cunts
Flashheart

« Reply #3066 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 13:03:12 »

Yes but only TEF-ists are the chosen cunts

Oh, definitely. We are god's chosen cunts. Even Hobodan.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3067 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 13:08:29 »

As there is no God, I am a cunt by choice.  I am happy to share my piece of the world with any Cunt that wants to share it with me and vice versa.
Flashheart

« Reply #3068 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 13:09:13 »

Heathen!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3069 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 13:10:22 »

and before Hobo goes all white christian culture under attack on me, I fully appreciate my world view is a minority one.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3070 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 13:25:07 »

If there was/is a Cunt God, what would be the physical representation of said being? Maybe it is one living amongst us today? I feel a TEFist poll coming on.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3071 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 13:32:32 »

Just to nudge God aside for a moment - our mutual ‘friend’ Trump has expelled 60 Russian diplomats, followed by various EU countries also expelling diplomats.

There you go, Putin. Take that!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3072 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 13:33:26 »

As there is no God, I am a cunt by choice.  I am happy to share my piece of the world with any Cunt that wants to share it with me and vice versa.
and before Hobo goes all white christian culture under attack on me, I fully appreciate my world view is a minority one.
but its certainly not a solitary view
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3073 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 13:40:08 »

Just to put my two penneth in the religious spat. I can fully understand, and appreciate, any religion which is based purely on faith. What I can’t abide is those Creationists who insist the Earth is only 3000 years old despite the overwhelming physical evidence that that view is total bollocks.

Adam and Eve, me hairy arse.
Flashheart

« Reply #3074 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 14:10:38 »

Just to put my two penneth in the religious spat. I can fully understand, and appreciate, any religion which is based purely on faith. What I can’t abide is those Creationists who insist the Earth is only 3000 years old despite the overwhelming physical evidence that that view is total bollocks.

Adam and Eve, me hairy arse.

You'd like Ken Ham. A hardcore YEC that insists that dinosaurs were on the ark and used to live alongside people. He even reckons that the Roman gladiators used to fight against dinosaurs in the arenas. He comes out with all sorts of bizarre shit.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: