Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2012325 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2235 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 11:56:14 »

"In God We Trust" - still the official motto of USA.

it's all odd

I thought it was 'In Dogs we Thrust'?
Flashheart

« Reply #2236 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 11:57:14 »

I haven't a problem with political leaders having a personal religious faith/conviction in God. It becomes problematic when this is explicitly expressed in the political process (America) or if an attempt to impose faith upon others is made.

Exactly.

I couldn't give a flying fuck if she believed in magical toilet unicorns, just as long as she keeps it out of her job. Let's hope she does, quick google search already shows she leans toward the pro-life lot.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2237 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 12:07:56 »

But do you mean she shouldn't express her beliefs in relation to policies or she should keep quiet about her beliefs even though they do play a part in shaping them?

The end product would be the same either way.

Ignore
« Reply #2238 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 12:10:15 »

Councillor Heenan taken to court for non payment of council tax. That twat is responsible for the Bruce street bridges farce too!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2239 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 12:12:44 »

Murder there today. Some botch job contractors took 18 months doing it only for the fucking surface to disintegrate within the year.
Flashheart

« Reply #2240 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 12:20:04 »

But do you mean she shouldn't express her beliefs in relation to policies or she should keep quiet about her beliefs even though they do play a part in shaping them?

I didn't say either of those things, she's free to say what she likes, within reason of course. What she doesn't seem to realise though is that to a rather large section of the population it sound fucking stupid. Not the best course of action for a leader.

She should keep her religion out of her policy making full-stop though. Why the fuck should other peoples' lives be influenced by other peoples' beliefs in fairy tales? Maybe she has no intention of doing so though and we don't even know what her specific beliefs are, so let's not be too hasty. Blair was a devout Christian, he just didn't advertise it.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2241 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 12:25:07 »

Councillor Heenan taken to court for non payment of council tax. That twat is responsible for the Bruce street bridges farce too!

SBC tried to cover this up unsurprisingly.  This Tory hasn't the decency to resign from his position as Councillor and call an election.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2242 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 12:33:41 »

Be even harder the hold them to account when the Parish layer of local politics muddies the waters even more.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2243 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 12:36:35 »

Blair was a devout Christian, he just didn't advertise it.

I assume you had your eyes shut during his entire Premiership then?

What's May actually said?
Flashheart

« Reply #2244 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 12:39:32 »

I assume you had your eyes shut during his entire Premiership then?

I generally don't pay much attention to politics, I could easily have anything he said.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2245 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 12:43:50 »

SBC tried to cover this up unsurprisingly.  This Tory hasn't the decency to resign from his position as Councillor and call an election.

You can check the whole Country here http://www.private-eye.co.uk/councillors although Swindon have not named the person to Private Eye.....
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2246 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 12:48:42 »

He's needs the money to pay his council tax

Have any of this council's traffic easing scheme's worked - I cant see what difference it is going to make at greenbridge looking at what has been done
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2247 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 12:52:01 »

I would be amazed if he had anything to do with the practical side of things, transport planning/engineering is a very dark art and all based on computer modelling.... I did a project last year in Derbyshire for c.100 new houses, first thought on visiting site was the access is fucking dreadful this will never even get to planning submission, put through transport modelling software and sailed through and now has planning permission!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2248 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 13:07:55 »

I would be amazed if he had anything to do with the practical side of things, transport planning/engineering is a very dark art and all based on computer modelling.... I did a project last year in Derbyshire for c.100 new houses, first thought on visiting site was the access is fucking dreadful this will never even get to planning submission, put through transport modelling software and sailed through and now has planning permission!

He's in charge, the buck stops with him.

Might have has more sympathy if the Bruce Street bridges hadn't made me late for work this morning Smiley. Less than a year for the road substrate to crumble....
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 13:10:40 by Batch » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2249 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 13:11:12 »

SBC tried to cover this up unsurprisingly.  This Tory hasn't the decency to resign from his position as Councillor and call an election.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14934507.BREAKING__Cabinet_member_resigns_over_council_tax_court_case/

oh, OK, resigned from cabinet but not council...riiight.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 13:18:07 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: