Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996739 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1950 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2016, 15:37:56 »

Whatever you do just keep believing what they tell you to believe.  The shit the media and the PLP are flinging at him is pretty desperate.  Accusing him of racism is a new low really.

Fuck.  Im starting to sound like a tinfoil hat wearing loon.

But the simple fact of the matter is we have no idea who to believe do we, story comes out, Corbyn's office says it didn't happen and that's apparently it no challenge, nothing. There has been some pretty unsavoury stuff circulated about Corbyn much of which is essentially libellous and he and his supporters have done nothing, despite being happy to use the courts over the ambiguity of the Labour rule book - parliamentary privilege does not exist outside the house so it would all be very easily put to bed with a writ?!

If nothing else if it is all a premeditated campaign to discredit him it seems considerably more organised than anything else they have done in opposition, I reiterate I don't really care who is leader just someone credible who I would trust to run a jumble sale would be a start. Just imagine if this sort of stuff was coming out from a Tory shadow minister who nominated the leader in the first place.

Anyway get back to wrapping your house in tin foil....   Wink, I am going to watch reruns of Citizen Smith!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1951 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2016, 16:14:22 »

Yes, calling out a politician on manufacturing a blatant publicity stunt definitely only ever happens to Saint Jez at the hands of the nasty MSM Red Tory illuminati.

It is absolute tinfoil stuff. I'm left on centre, but Corbyn and the people around him are completely incompetent.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1952 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2016, 16:18:34 »

Yes, calling out a politician on manufacturing a blatant publicity stunt definitely only ever happens to Saint Jez at the hands of the nasty MSM Red Tory illuminati.

It is absolute tinfoil stuff. I'm left on centre, but Corbyn and the people around him are completely incompetent.

Hang on I may have been taken in by Virgin Trains lies, http://www.beyondtheheadlines.co.uk/

No idea what the truth is anymore, although I do hope they believe that fact checking websites are only really credible if they are independent! Somebody over the weekend likened them to a fan club and that seems somewhat apt.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1953 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2016, 16:52:09 »

There is no truth.  We are in post truth society.  Repeat something often enough and it becomes a fact.

Or am I just old and cynical.  Maybe the media are brave crusading truth sayers and I am the problem.

Never knowingly overstated.

Ignore
« Reply #1954 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2016, 18:52:15 »

The more and more they go after Corbyn, the more and more I like him. I get a vote on the Labour leadership and he has mine. He's probably the most honest mp there is.

I don't believe this was a publicity stunt and it's common knowledge that our trains are bursting with people which should be the issue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1955 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 07:04:31 »

He's too nice to partake in a publicity stunt or maybe he is just like any other political chasing a bit of power
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1956 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 07:28:46 »

Imagine that. Private healthcare, train company owning tax dodger doesn't like Jeremy Corbyn. Whatever next.

Ignore
« Reply #1957 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 07:55:46 »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2016/aug/23/jeremy-corbyn-walks-through-packed-carriage-during-11-august-train-trip-video?CMP=share_btn_tw

Well said jayo !
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1958 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 08:17:22 »

Both sides are shit.

Seats with tickets stuck in the top mean reserved to me. Anybody who gets on a train at Nam or Swindon has to hunt for a seat going to the smoke.

More often I have to stand until Reading.

Corbyn should of released a more accurate statement.

Clems Army!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1959 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 08:31:43 »

Imagine that. Private healthcare, train company owning tax dodger doesn't like Jeremy Corbyn. Whatever next.

I am not sure where it has been suggested that Branson doesn't like Corbyn (apart from within the Corbynista's who work on the principle that if you don't adore Jeremy you must be against him)?

Ultimately Corbyn was prepared to spin a story to try and shoehorn his point across (and as many have pointed out there are hundreds of trains in the country each day that he could have legitimately made the point without the need for bullshitting - from personal experience if he had travelled on the 0724 from Lancaster to Manchester for instance he wouldn't even get the luxury of being able to sit on a floor) and got caught out for being prepared to lie as much as any politician, in doing so he lied about Virgin Trains to do so and thus Branson has responded as would any company owner if their organisation was being smeared in this manner, sorry Jeremy but you play that game you may get bitten back.

Now if they all shut up about this it would quietly go away as its a small story and whilst it does reveal some hypocrisy in the claim that he is any different to any other politician, in the big picture does it really matter, but no we now have Jeremy's spokesmen trying to spin it into come big comment regarding tax evasion, as someone noted above its all very Thick of It and ironically would do Mandelson and Campbell proud.

And still we have no viable opposition to the Tories...... or one likely as once Corbyn wins the roundabout will just continue spinning whilst also giving them more ammunition after piss poor stunts like this....  No
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1960 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 08:39:33 »

Both sides are shit.

Seats with tickets stuck in the top mean reserved to me. Anybody who gets on a train at Nam or Swindon has to hunt for a seat going to the smoke.

More often I have to stand until Reading.

Corbyn should of released a more accurate statement.

But if they have the cards they also say where they are reserved from - to, again is he had wanted to play that game he should have used Virgin West Coast to make his point where the electronic reservation display just says reserved and is bloody irritating! As he got on at Kings Cross within 5 mins of leaving it would be obvious that anyone reserved from there wasn't going to need the seat so just sit down, I am just thankful he had so many people with him who were prepared to film the incident!

Both sides are indeed shit....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1961 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 08:48:25 »

politicians, all in it for themselves to some degree. Even Corbyn .

doesn't invalidate the point he was trying to make, stupid move all the same though. I don't blame beardy for defending his company at all.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1962 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 09:03:13 »

Corbyn and Branson are of similar age, and both were shaped by the events of their youth.

Corbyn took the radical student politics, drop out from Poly route....Branson embrace the zeitgeist and make money from it route.

I've never really known if Branson got the whole 60's alternative philosphy stuff....but he did look after XTC. Corbyn is merely a Moonraker.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1963 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 09:12:33 »

Ignoring all the political stuff, what point was he trying to make?  That trains are now so popular that we over crowd them?  The end result here would surely be that we should just put more privately run trains on because the system has caused a huge spike in demand since being privatised?

Now, I'm not actually a great advocate of the private train firms, it's all a bit of a mess, and the approach you take would depend on the need for trains.  If we see them as part of a wider transport and infrastructure policy, then something very different needs to be done, as they essentially run local monopolies anyway.  However, overcrowding due to high passenger numbers is hardly the issue I would have though someone looking to nationalize the industry would have wanted to focus on.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1964 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 09:17:06 »

Oh dear, do they just not get it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37167253

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: