Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2008450 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #1830 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 14:22:36 »

It's been reported that immigrants pay in more in the way of taxes than they take out. If you're talking about illegal immigrants, I don't see what difference it makes if we're in or out of the EU.
Is that all immigrants or just EU ones? Are there figures that tell us if we receive more or less from a certain set?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1831 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 15:00:16 »

So, unfettered, uncontrolled, continuing immigration is going to benefit who exactly?
You, probably 

Who will pay your pension - young, overly keen Poles and smooth French and German bankers or chronically sick, retired Brit refugees returning from the Costas?

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1832 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 15:03:20 »

Is that all immigrants or just EU ones? Are there figures that tell us if we receive more or less from a certain set?
I think we receive very slightly more non-EU than EU
About 180 k v 170 k.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #1833 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 15:06:49 »

I think we receive very slightly more non-EU than EU
About 180 k v 170 k.

Cheers mate. Sorry what i meant was do we receive more income from tax from EU immigration or outside EU residents
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1834 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 15:09:05 »

You, probably 
Who will pay your pension - young, overly keen Poles and smooth French and German bankers or chronically sick, retired Brit refugees returning from the Costas?

I suspect the State Pension wiil be gradually phased out over the coming years and replaced by private provision....the workhouse for the those without....it worked in Victorian Britain, when we were the leading global economy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1835 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 15:12:27 »

Cheers mate. Sorry what i meant was do we receive more income from tax from EU immigration or outside EU residents

The costs of immigration are regarded as about neutral....the tax yield being offset by other costs like the imbalance of the prison population....the need for interpreters and extra provisions in school etc.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1836 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 15:17:01 »

The worst ones are the ones that migrate out of the UK, to Ireland, for example, then come back.
Cunts of the highest order.
That would be fair comment if it wasn't for the fact that free flow of UK and Irish nationals has been in place since 1922, irrespective of any EU rules.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #1837 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 15:26:52 »

The costs of immigration are regarded as about neutral....the tax yield being offset by other costs like the imbalance of the prison population....the need for interpreters and extra provisions in school etc.
Ah ok. Cheers Reg
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1838 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 15:38:06 »

If I knew how to post images on here from my computer (i.e. without a URL there is a quick summary of migration costs and benefits positions doing the rounds today, I cannot find it on line anywhere sadly.

Edit - actually here it is in a slightly less graphic form... https://www.unite4europe.org/eu-migration-dont-believe-the-lies/
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1839 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 16:24:11 »

positive net migration has a profound and positive effect on the economy. That's why all governments have encouraged it from as far back as WW2.

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/fiscal-impact-immigration-uk

The Office for Budget Responsibility suggests higher net migration reduces pressure on government debt over time. This result is based on the fact that incoming migrants are assumed to be more likely to be of working age than the population in general

The Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR, 2013) explored the long-term fiscal sustainability of the UK using the Office for National Statistics (ONS) 2010-based population projections. OBR adopts the ONS low net-migration variant (+140,000) to estimate their central projection. They also provide fiscal projections assuming the ONS high net-migration variant (+260,000) and the ONS zero net-migration variant. OBR finds that higher net migration reduces pressure on government debt over time. This result is based on the assumption that incoming migrants are more likely to be of working age than the population in general. As shown in Figure 1, based on OBR projections, the high net-migration variant results in a public sector net debt as a share of GDP of 73%. On the other hand, the zero net-migration variant results in a public sector net debt as share of GDP of 145%.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1840 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 16:25:27 »

^^ read that last line, projections show we have half the level of national debt we would have if we'd had no net migration in the last 50 years. The results aren't even close.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #1841 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 16:27:16 »

positive net migration has a profound and positive effect on the economy. That's why all governments have encouraged it from as far back as WW2.

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/fiscal-impact-immigration-uk

Cheers, i was hoping to see the figures on the EU immigration and then without the EU.It's EU immigration everyone seems to have an issue with so was interested to see if non EU migration inflated those figures or not
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1842 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 16:45:49 »

^^ read that last line, projections show we have half the level of national debt we would have if we'd had no net migration in the last 50 years. The results aren't even close.

That's a huge argument. What a shame the pathetic half-hearted hokey-cokey Remain campaign hasn't made more of that.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1843 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 17:49:43 »

Cheers, i was hoping to see the figures on the EU immigration and then without the EU.It's EU immigration everyone seems to have an issue with so was interested to see if non EU migration inflated those figures or not
I think there are stats there indicating the net fiscal impact (ie tax revenues less state services provided) of EEA migration, (ie EU & Norway etc) as compared to non-EEA.  EEA immigrants seem to be much more positive (or less negative financially)

It should be noted that Migration Watch UK's stats (uniquely) show adverse net fiscal impact for all Migrants.  It is also true that the stats are not 100% up to date and methodology's and presumptions can always be questioned.

Overall however it seems that it is likely that the overall net fiscal impact of EEA migration is likely to be positive, with non-EEA migration (family ties?) less so. 

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1844 on: Thursday, July 7, 2016, 15:39:29 »

Girl Power. Next PM to be a woman then.

Whoever it is, hope they bring some feminine qualities to the job unlike the last one.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: