Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2019273 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1515 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 09:49:16 »

George Osborne:

FACT!

OST hasn't stated it as such, so it's not.

How in the world can any politician be allowed to get away with stating a FACT! about something in 2030, especially someone who was 6% out on his own forecast for 2016 about 6 years ago.  I'm almost tempted to vote Out, which is ludicrous.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1516 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 09:58:16 »

And with his record in education Gove would know all about this... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36074853
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1517 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 11:09:04 »

But someone else started it Sir.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1518 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 12:48:46 »

Does anyone know where there is an unbiased set of pros and cons of an in or out vote?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1519 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 12:58:53 »

https://fullfact.org/ is a good starting point on if you are looking for something really detailed. Any short list would probably be heavily biased.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1520 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 16:32:08 »

https://fullfact.org/ is a good starting point on if you are looking for something really detailed. Any short list would probably be heavily biased.
Thank you. Useful.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1521 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 09:57:46 »

So on the Queen's 90th birthday, Cameron wheels Obama into town, to tell us it's in the US interest, for UK. to stay in the EU. 

Well he would, after all it's Tory politicians who are keenest on TTIP, the method by which we'll have to open our services like the NHS and education to American corporations, giving them the legal right to veto any interfernce in the profit making motive.

Of course, no mention of this at the last election.

Which creates a rock and a hard place for the voter.... the rock: vote remain and the NHS will be thoroughly privatised out to the likes of United healthcare, banking regulations will change, and EU rules on such as genetic food modification and chemical additives will be binned to meet the less stringent US criteria.

The hard place: vote leave, and the loons on the right will want this also.  The difference being an in vote is for an Obama led fait accompli, and out vote at least gives the opportunity for rejecting TTIP.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1522 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 10:08:57 »

So on the Queen's 90th birthday, Cameron wheels Obama into town, to tell us it's in the US interest, for UK. to stay in the EU. 

Well he would, after all it's Tory politicians who are keenest on TTIP, the method by which we'll have to open our services like the NHS and education to American corporations, giving them the legal right to veto any interfernce in the profit making motive.

Which creates a rock and a hard place for the voter.... the rock: vote remain and the NHS will be thoroughly privatised out to the likes of United healthcare, banking regulations will change, and EU rules on such as genetic food modification and chemical additives will be binned to meet the less stringent US criteria.

The hard place: vote leave, and the loons on the right will want this also.  The difference being an in vote is for an Obama led fait accompli, and out vote at least gives the opportunity for rejecting TTIP.

Leaving could also lead to a gradual erosion of some of the more positive employment legislation affecting minimum hours, leave entitlement, ease of termination etc. Maybe going down the road of a more American way of how workers are treated.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1523 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 10:51:35 »

Leaving could also lead to a gradual erosion of some of the more positive employment legislation affecting minimum hours, leave entitlement, ease of termination etc. Maybe going down the road of a more American way of how workers are treated.

Being in the EU hasn't prevented zero hours contracts...or the exploitation of very cheap immigrant labour.

We managed to make legislation to improve the lot of workers before we were in the EU....it can be done again if people vote for it.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1524 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 11:04:25 »

Good to see that one part of the campaigning is getting through with the scaremongering filtering through to the man in the street.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1525 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 11:33:17 »

Good to see that one part of the campaigning is getting through with the scaremongering filtering through to the man in the street.

I'm not sure what your point is, but if you consider my analysis wrong, perhaps you'd point out where.   
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1526 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 12:09:42 »

I'm not sure what your point is, but if you consider my analysis wrong, perhaps you'd point out where.   

You have made some beautiful hypothetical outcomes there as fact (are you in fact Michael Gove and the anti Tory stuff has been a double bluff  Wink), in my career its always been the case that the person making the statements however lurid provides the evidence to back it up so its more up to you than me.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #1527 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 12:10:40 »

You have made some beautiful hypothetical outcomes there as fact (are you in fact Michael Gove and the anti Tory stuff has been a double bluff  Wink), in my career its always been the case that the person making the statements however lurid provides the evidence to back it up so its more up to you than me.
I think Reg wants you to point out what bits are not fact though doesn't he
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1528 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 12:19:40 »

I've come to the conclusion that neither side know what the fuck will happen without a Crystal ball, so just peddle the best v worst case arguments for both side.

Furthermore I reckon the toss of a coin would be just as successful as letting us the public decide.

Ignore
« Reply #1529 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 12:21:40 »

I've come to the conclusion that neither side know what the fuck will happen without a Crystal ball, so just peddle the best v worst case arguments for both side.

Furthermore I reckon the toss of a coin would be just as successful as letting us the public decide.

This 100%
I'm gonna wait for mystic megs take on it before deciding how to vote.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: