Pages: 1 ... 771 772 773 [774] 775 776 777 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996758 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11595 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 11:02:08 »

I really don't mind paying a bit more tax if it means I get treated better should I get old enough to need it.

personally think it's a slippery slope pushing funding on those that consume it now.

the old people have paid national insurance all their life, the mess isn't their fault

But they clearly haven’t paid enough?

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11596 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 11:04:48 »

right, done haven't, but it should have been addressed by successive governments.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #11597 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 11:05:20 »

They weren't paying for themselves, they were paying for the pensioners during their working lifetimes. That's how it works.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11598 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 11:07:49 »

National insurance going up to fund social care provision. Something needs to be done about social care, but increasing a working age tax to fund the retired is a pretty clear wealth transfer between working age people and the already retired. I suppose it makes sense not to penalise the group that votes for you overwhelmingly if you're the government.
Well, when the majority of families don’t give a toss about looking after elderly relatives, then they must be prepared to pay someone else to do it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11599 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 11:38:39 »

So full details of Operation London Bridge have been leaked to a government friendly journalist, one has to wonder why now?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #11600 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 14:18:36 »

I really don't mind paying a bit more tax
I know it's a selective quote but on this point I agree. I just don't trust any government from the last 2 decades to actually use the money in the right way

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11601 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 14:28:06 »

ah yes. that's a different story
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11602 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 15:06:38 »

So full details of Operation London Bridge have been leaked to a government friendly journalist, one has to wonder why now?

To the great and the good and everyone else, there has been a plan in place since HM The Queen was crowned. Furthermore there are plans in place for all royals and in an expose to all you lefties the Prime minister too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11603 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 15:08:43 »

As shown by operation Forth Bridge.

I think this is in the news because the updated plans were leaked in far greater detail than ever before
Flashheart

« Reply #11604 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 15:12:03 »

To the great and the good and everyone else, there has been a plan in place since HM The Queen was crowned. Furthermore there are plans in place for all royals and in an expose to all you lefties the Prime minister too.

I think you've missed the point.

We know there's a plan in place. The question is, why are the details being leaked now?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11605 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 15:12:36 »

That assumes that contributions over their lifetimes had been ringfenced...which they won't have been.  I do agree that there is a big (& growing) problem with generational fairness.  But it's fiendishly difficult to address.

There will be a tipping point fairly soon when the generation that missed out on being able to buy a home, for example, reaches the age where they start holding many of the levers of power.  Will be interesting to watch when that happens.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11606 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 15:33:33 »

That assumes that contributions over their lifetimes had been ringfenced...which they won't have been.  I do agree that there is a big (& growing) problem with generational fairness.  But it's fiendishly difficult to address.

There will be a tipping point fairly soon when the generation that missed out on being able to buy a home, for example, reaches the age where they start holding many of the levers of power.  Will be interesting to watch when that happens.

I think the issue is more (as you have suggested) the means of funding being suggested as NI proportionally affects the poorly paid much worse than say a tax rise.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2021/07/boris-johnson-s-social-care-plan-would-leave-poorest-subsidising-wealthiest?s=09

Think you may have rather mislaid the point here?

Never ceases to give me a smile that to your compass I am some sort of leftie, that being me who has never voted Labour in my life (disclaimed I may have done so in 97, I don't remember back that far!)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11607 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 15:35:39 »

Communist Party? 
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11608 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 15:39:59 »

Communist Party? 

Have you ever been to rural Cumbria......
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11609 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 15:48:24 »

Communist Party? 

It may surprise you but I don’t own a compass. On a separate point I actually don’t give a fuck what you do or don’t think about what I post or what you think I think. Same goes for everyone else for that matter especially after all the shit posted and directed in mine and others directions after the last two general elections and the EU vote.
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 773 [774] 775 776 777 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: