Pages: 1 ... 713 714 715 [716] 717 718 719 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2015405 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10725 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 18:28:52 »

So far we have dishwashers and dogging.

Is there a way the two can be combined...you know, to maybe save even more money. Maybe take the dishwasher outside?!  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #10726 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 18:36:28 »

Those snappy slogans have taken a nose dive since Dom left haven't they

There is a new one soon to be announced promoting the benefits of a "No Deal Brexit":

· Dishwashers >> Dogging >> Non-Doms ·
 -------------------------------------------------
· Let's Get Britain Going Again ·

'Incessant Nonsense'

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #10727 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 21:45:58 »

Monaco-based, patriotic Brexiteer, Jim Ratcliffe, whose jobs promise for Brexit/Tory-voting Bridgend Boris interpreted as a vote for Brexit, now abandons Bridgend in favour of France.

Britainhttps://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1336333265045635072?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10728 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 10:19:38 »

Monaco-based, patriotic Brexiteer, Jim Ratcliffe, whose jobs promise for Brexit/Tory-voting Bridgend Boris interpreted as a vote for Brexit, now abandons Bridgend in favour of France.

Britainhttps://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1336333265045635072?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Following in the footsteps of James Dyson and arch-hypocite Jacob Rees-Mogg. It's almost like all these leading Brexiteers are greedy hypocritical bastards isn't it?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10729 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 13:26:55 »

If only Brexit-supporting papers such as The Telegraph had been able to warn us of these possible outcomes of the policy they so vigorously backed

Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #10730 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 22:21:21 »

These issues at Felixstowe have been going on for many weeks- and operation stack in Kent is a common occurance.

Quick everyone run for the hills- supermarket shelves will be empty and all of that crap.

Maybe we could all buy British- like we used to before the EU destroyed many of our home grown industries
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #10731 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 22:28:21 »

Following in the footsteps of James Dyson and arch-hypocite Jacob Rees-Mogg. It's almost like all these leading Brexiteers are greedy hypocritical bastards isn't it?

And the EU are in it for love are they?

It’s one big protection racket- trying to get us to sign up to regulatory alignment to the level not seen n any other FTA around the world. And to make it even worse the rule would only work one way.

If we were so insignificant they wouldn’t be still trying to control us. They want access to our market then they have to respect our sovereignty
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 22:29:57 by Outletred » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10732 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 22:46:29 »

I think our position and standing in the rest of the EU has been proven over the last few years, and the way we are being dealt with. Rather be out. Norway and Switzerland seem to do ok.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10733 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 22:49:27 »

no deal is far more of a disaster for us than them.

of course the EU is going to protect their own interests in such circumstances.

buy British like we used to do 🤣. we are largely a service economy now, you're kidding yourself
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10734 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 22:54:34 »

In any trade deal or agreement, you give up a bit of autonomy (or sovereignty) in exchange for having free access to another market.  The Brexit delusion was founded on the false claim that the UK could have both.  And it's now becoming very clear (if it wasn't already) that we can't.  The EU's position has always been consistent.  Have as much sovereignty as you like, but the amount of free access you have to our markets will be in inverse proportion to that.  Seems reasonable enough to me.

Of course they have insisted on more alignment in exchange for market access.  We're 20 miles off the coast of mainland Europe and have a population of 65+ million.  Alignment matters far more than it would with smaller or more distant economies.  It's simple stuff.

In time, we're going to end up aligning with EU rules anyway, one way or another.  We're always going to be in the orbit of the trading block next door - 10 times our size.  Seems now the Brexit faithful are going to learn this the hard way.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #10735 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 22:59:27 »

It’s one big protection racket- trying to get us to sign up to regulatory alignment to the level not seen n any other FTA around the world. And to make it even worse the rule would only work one way.

If we were so insignificant they wouldn’t be still trying to control us. They want access to our market then they have to respect our sovereignty

I take it you voted Leave? You got the result you wanted, I have no idea why you are so surprised or complaining about it.

When you choose to leave something, it purely is that. Can't have your cake and eat it. When I left a job with a very lucrative pension scheme, I couldn't expect to continue receiving the same level of contributions from my former employer. I could nit complain that this was unfair or one way. How ridiculous. I chose to leave the role I formerly held.

The UK chose to leave the role it formerly held. Any agreement is likely to be one way because you are no longer privy to those benefits.

I don't really no what else you expect to come from it - in the long and short of it. Maybe your questions shouldn't be at the EU but at the MPs who agreed to the notion of leaving the European Union.

EU hold the cards. UK is now a small fish flopping about on the edge of a much larger pond. Once you realise that this is the case maybe the penny will drop.

You got what you wanted in leaving the party and now you aren't happy because the bouncers won't let you in on your terms Crash

'Incessant Nonsense'

Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #10736 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 23:00:47 »

I think our position and standing in the rest of the EU has been proven over the last few years, and the way we are being dealt with. Rather be out. Norway and Switzerland seem to do ok.

Exactly.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #10737 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 23:02:08 »

no deal is far more of a disaster for us than them.

of course the EU is going to protect their own interests in such circumstances.

buy British like we used to do 🤣. we are largely a service economy now, you're kidding yourself

Really? Have you done the maths? They have a 100bn trade surplus with us they sell far more to us than us to them. Bring in tariffs we will be better off or we could buy from elsewhere
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #10738 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 23:03:27 »

In any trade deal or agreement, you give up a bit of autonomy (or sovereignty) in exchange for having free access to another market.  The Brexit delusion was founded on the false claim that the UK could have both.  And it's now becoming very clear (if it wasn't already) that we can't.  The EU's position has always been consistent.  Have as much sovereignty as you like, but the amount of free access you have to our markets will be in inverse proportion to that.  Seems reasonable enough to me.

Of course they have insisted on more alignment in exchange for market access.  We're 20 miles off the coast of mainland Europe and have a population of 65+ million.  Alignment matters far more than it would with smaller or more distant economies.  It's simple stuff.

No/ it’s not simple stuff at all. They are demanding conditions not seen in any other FTA and that no sovereign country could agree to.

In time, we're going to end up aligning with EU rules anyway, one way or another.  We're always going to be in the orbit of the trading block next door - 10 times our size.  Seems now the Brexit faithful are going to learn this the hard way.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #10739 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 23:05:36 »

I take it you voted Leave? You got the result you wanted, I have no idea why you are so surprised or complaining about it.

When you choose to leave something, it purely is that. Can't have your cake and eat it. When I left a job with a very lucrative pension scheme, I couldn't expect to continue receiving the same level of contributions from my former employer. I could nit complain that this was unfair or one way. How ridiculous. I chose to leave the role I formerly held.

The UK chose to leave the role it formerly held. Any agreement is likely to be one way because you are no longer privy to those benefits.

I don't really no what else you expect to come from it - in the long and short of it. Maybe your questions shouldn't be at the EU but at the MPs who agreed to the notion of leaving the European Union.

EU hold the cards. UK is now a small fish flopping about on the edge of a much larger pond. Once you realise that this is the case maybe the penny will drop.

You got what you wanted in leaving the party and now you aren't happy because the bouncers won't let you in on your terms Crash

We are only asking to be treated the same as Canada for example which the EU refuse to do. This isn’t about trade at all it is about maintaining their “club” as they’re terrified we will be a success and others will follow suit.

Bring on no deal we will thrive and prosper
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 715 [716] 717 718 719 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: