Pages: 1 ... 689 690 691 [692] 693 694 695 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996887 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #10365 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 06:31:34 »

Hancock blaming the public who are not showing Covid symptoms and booking tests for the renewed test chaos. Didn’t they say not too long ago that everyone who thinks they may have it regardless of symptoms had a duty to take a test ?

I come from a land down-under
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10366 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 07:35:21 »

Quite!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10367 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 08:15:41 »

Hancock blaming the public who are not showing Covid symptoms and booking tests for the renewed test chaos. Didn’t they say not too long ago that everyone who thinks they may have it regardless of symptoms had a duty to take a test ?

They have just done a massive fucking survey randomly testing people. one would imagine that put quite the strain or and as the results came out at the weekend also potentially account for the positive spike?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10368 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 08:43:54 »

And Teresa May who promised to implement the results of any enquiry when she was PM. But yeah, it's only poor people isn't it? Let em burn.

May make them get some common sense....
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 11:39:30 by horlock07 » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10369 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 11:47:21 »

Bit of a dull PMQ's this week, followed normal process question asked, not answered, BREXIT, CORBYN/ UNIONS.

Thought Starmer played a decent game really.
Valid Pint

« Reply #10370 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 20:16:53 »

Does the Labour Party still exist?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10371 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 15:56:51 »

BBC News

This is starting to feel like the end game.  Five years ago, we'd all have been pretty shocked at the prospect of UK government openly announcing its plans to break international law.  In the Trump/Brexit era, it seems a little less shocking.  But the approach is about to get an important test.  I'm still not sure if Brexit is going to fall flat on its face, or whether the Johnson govt sails past this and goes on to lead this country to (even more) uncharted waters.  But we're going to find out soon.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10372 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 15:59:50 »

BBC News

This is starting to feel like the end game.  Five years ago, we'd all have been pretty shocked at the prospect of UK government openly announcing its plans to break international law.  In the Trump/Brexit era, it seems a little less shocking.  But the approach is about to get an important test.  I'm still not sure if Brexit is going to fall flat on its face, or whether the Johnson govt sails past this and goes on to lead this country to (even more) uncharted waters.  But we're going to find out soon.

It takes a special skill to fall out with the EU and the US on the same day, Pelosi has been incredibly strident that taking this route will hole any trade bill with the US below the waterline.

As I read earlier, the Tory government had already backed itself into a corner, that corner has just got considerably smaller!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10373 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 16:09:17 »

BBC News

This is starting to feel like the end game.
Nah, it's just part of an ongoing rolling clusterfuck. Like Trump, Johnson's govt has no clear programme, no idea what they actually want to do other than be in office. They need an external enemy to fight against, to rally the "base" around so they can detract attention from that. So they're provoking a scrap with the EU because they feel on safe ground doing the nationalist Brexit warrior bullshit and it detracts attention from the car crash that is their handling of COVID and the economy. You know, actual governing. Same with Trump, he's always happiest shouting "LAW AND ORDER" and talking up the "threat" from enemies internal and external ("Radical Left Dems, Antifa, BLM, Chiiiinnaa" blah blah) than he is actually running the country. Because he's shit at that. But he talks a good fight. This isn't the end of anything, it's only the start of what will be a series of increasingly wild and unlawful but dramatic distractions.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10374 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 16:13:54 »

What I think you're overlooking is that Johnson's popularity is on the wane.  He isn't Teflon any more.  And neither is Cummings.  The political capital account is running low.  There's only so much nonsense that even the 'base' are going to support.  A leaf through the comments section under most Daily Telegraph articles demonstrates clearly that he's no longer the Messiah.

(I'll leave someone else to complete the message.)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #10375 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 16:27:50 »

..he's a cock juggling thundercunt?

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10376 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 16:28:41 »

What I think you're overlooking is that Johnson's popularity is on the wane.  He isn't Teflon any more.  And neither is Cummings.  The political capital account is running low.  There's only so much nonsense that even the 'base' are going to support.  A leaf through the comments section under most Daily Telegraph articles demonstrates clearly that he's no longer the Messiah.

Assuming Cummings still sees the old High Tories as the "base". Johnson may well do, Cummings is building the English Nationalist Party, the shell of the old Tory Party is just a launch pad for that. And Johnson is expendable
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10377 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 17:37:24 »

What I think you're overlooking is that Johnson's popularity is on the wane.  He isn't Teflon any more.  And neither is Cummings.  The political capital account is running low.  There's only so much nonsense that even the 'base' are going to support.  A leaf through the comments section under most Daily Telegraph articles demonstrates clearly that he's no longer the Messiah.

Never underestimate the Torys inbuilt mantra, power trumps personality, they will sacrifice Johnson when he becomes a liability.

However, there are still plenty out there lapping up the 'Boris is socking ot to the EU' fantasy for now so whilst those are still getting their kicks he is probably ok.

However, come the end of the year he either strikes a deal or goes for no deal, and neither end well for him.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #10378 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 06:46:37 »

They have just done a massive fucking survey randomly testing people. one would imagine that put quite the strain or and as the results came out at the weekend also potentially account for the positive spike?
I think you’re referring to the Office of National Statistics random ‘survey‘ which is done every week and is the most accurate way of knowing actual infections (eg. 2 weeks ago there were 2000 positive tests a day, but ONs survey extrapolated out that it was actually 4000). This is being geared up further and should be an absolute priority
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10379 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 08:13:48 »

I think you’re referring to the Office of National Statistics random ‘survey‘ which is done every week and is the most accurate way of knowing actual infections (eg. 2 weeks ago there were 2000 positive tests a day, but ONs survey extrapolated out that it was actually 4000). This is being geared up further and should be an absolute priority

Possibly the one my missus did when the results took nearly two weeks to come back. Yes its necessary, but only if we have the capacity to complete that and stand alone testing.

Friend went on line last night to try and get a test for his child, no postal tests available and no test centres suggested, its a shambles.
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 691 [692] 693 694 695 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: