Pages: 1 ... 687 688 689 [690] 691 692 693 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2015474 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10335 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 11:14:57 »

Jesus he is offensive and dreadful at PMQ's, highlight was him making inane slurs about Starmer and the IRA, when his government are responsible for appointing a woman who condoned IRA killing of children to the House of Lords.

Whilst Bolton and Trafford came out of lock down last night (against the wishes of the LA's) one U turn later and they are back under lock down now!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10336 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 12:46:38 »

And refusing to meet the families of COVID victims (after previously promising he would for the TV cameras) because "they are in litigation against the government" (they're not). Classy.
Flashheart

« Reply #10337 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 08:07:07 »

Julia Hartley-Brewer.

I find Lineker a bit sanctimonious at times. But he is now offering to actually DO something to help somebody in need, and perhaps encourage others to do the same. Yet, all he gets from that poisonous witch is venom spat at him.

Some of them really hate it when other people do good stuff for others, don't they? It's not as though she's being expected to do the same thing as he is.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10338 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 08:30:49 »

Julia Hartley-Brewer.

I find Lineker a bit sanctimonious at times. But he is now offering to actually DO something to help somebody in need, and perhaps encourage others to do the same. Yet, all he gets from that poisonous witch is venom spat at him.

Some of them really hate it when other people do good stuff for others, don't they? It's not as though she's being expected to do the same thing as he is.

She definitely sits in the Priti Patel area...

She is basically a fortnum and masons Hatey Cockpins.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #10339 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 09:39:42 »

I just saw a video which showed a pregnant woman being arrested in Victoria, Australia, for incitement material on Facebook  against covid restrictions. . I didn't see the post, but it left me uneasy, was it a thought crime, or a genuine threat to society? How far can you go expressing personal opinions before getting arrested?

ust be the oldest
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10340 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 09:49:42 »

I just saw a video which showed a pregnant woman being arrested in Victoria, Australia, for incitement material on Facebook  against covid restrictions. . I didn't see the post, but it left me uneasy, was it a thought crime, or a genuine threat to society? How far can you go expressing personal opinions before getting arrested?
Not very far at all in some instances. It's like when the coppers get involved with 15yr old kids abusing footballers on Twitter. Obviously, their behaviour is abhorrent, and they should have their Twitter account removed or whatever, but does it really merit police action? Yet set against that, you have the likes of Hopkins, Farage, Trump et al actively advocating racial hatred and violence with no comeback.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10341 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 09:57:33 »

Julia Hartley-Brewer.

Some of the twitter comments are just ridiculous.

It’s a bit like me being approached by someone from a stroke charity at a railway station to see if I want to give to their charity and me fucking their bucket out onto a platform and jumping up and down and screaming ‘BUT WHAT ABOUT CANCER OR DIABETES, WAAAAAH!’

Social media is the pits for this. Very little positivity and a whole lorry load of negative shit.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10342 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 10:33:32 »

Not saying Mancocks interview with Kay Burley went badly this morning, but off the back of it he has got  “Jimmy Savile”, “Rolf Harris”, “Fred West”, and “Adolf Hitler” trending on Twitter!

Kay Burley - “Tony Abbott is a homophobe and a misogynist”

Hatt Mancock  - “He’s also an expert on trade”
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10343 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 12:16:16 »

As Tony Abbott gets to work on dismantling any shred of favourable trade deal for the UK, his beaming and supportive Tory hype man, Matt Hancock was quick to jump to his defence:

'He's also an expert on trade.'

Well if trading misogynist and homophobic slurs is his expertise then he's going to fit in just fine.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

Ignore
« Reply #10344 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 12:42:07 »

It's highly amusing how the likes of Hancock come out to defend the indefensible and make such a fucking shit job of it. This cabinet are literally the barrel scrapings of that abominable party of theirs.
Boris as usual was trounced in yesterday's PMQ'S too. I think in his biggest embarrassment to date as PM.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #10345 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 19:10:26 »

The LDs did "win" a referendum on Proportional Representation.

But they were sold a pup by the Tories with an obscure version of it offered to the voters.  This could never have caught the simple "fair votes" appeal of such a system.  Clegg was very weak.

Ironically a "fair votes" system may have helped Farage but long term it would have been, well, er, fairer.  Which is what democracy is about (or supposed to be).
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 19:12:40 by RedRag » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10346 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 08:18:25 »

Is there literally nothing they won't lie about.

https://fullfact.org/health/suicides-decrease-coronavirus-matt-hancock/
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #10347 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 15:05:28 »

Interesting response to a FoI request, not sure that's in the sprit of the Act...

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10348 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 11:13:29 »

Remember that "oven-ready" Brexit deal? The one that Johnson fought an election on, won an 80-seat majority for and voted into law with much trumpeting and self-congratulation in January? Yeah, that one, 8 months later Johnson now says it "never made sense" apparently

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/09/07/brexit-deal-never-made-sense-boris-johnson-tell-eu/

How do the people who voted for this "nonsense" feel about this?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10349 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 11:53:29 »

They probably think he is playing Star Wars Chess with the EU
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 689 [690] 691 692 693 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: