Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Donny match - festive treats  (Read 6775 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 12:10:45 »

Just got a mail about the Doncaster game on Saturday.

Sounds like they are going 'all out' for a festive vibe on Saturday. The thing that drew my attention was free mince pies (with every hot drink purchased).

I like that the club are making an effort for home matches to try and get extra punters in.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 12:31:13 »

If the free mince pie (with a hot drink) doesn't draw them in then I don't know what will. Do people really want their cake and eat it?

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 12:45:19 »

If the free mince pie (with a hot drink) doesn't draw them in then I don't know what will. Do people really want their cake and eat it?

haha.

I know that you are just being flippant but its so much more than a free mince pie. There is a wonderful Xmas theme and some lucky fan will win a prize for best dressed festive football fan. I'm going to be wearing my Xmas jumper and some antlers, I hope everyone else follows suit.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 12:55:18 »

I had this earmarked as my first game for a while.  Until some bloody work came in. 

Ironically I cant be driving home for christmas until after Saturdays work doing a gig at Hammersmith Apollo. 

With Chris Rea.

Never knowingly overstated.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 13:15:24 »

I'll wear the christmas jumper for this. Should be a good laugh. I wonder if anyone has bought that STFC Christmas Onesie?

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 13:16:33 »

I'll wear the christmas jumper for this. Should be a good laugh. I wonder if anyone has bought that STFC Christmas Onesie?

http://www.stfcdirect.com/9_New-Arrivals/30_Clothing/1663_Adult-Christmas-Onesie.html

It's a beaut.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 13:18:52 »

There's a few teams in this league like Donny, crap at home but half decent away.  Donny 1 home win, 5 away wins....Notts County, Yeovil are similar along with Rochdale.

We've already seen what Rochdale did to us, so this might not be quite what it seems.  Donny's wins though have tended to be at sides who themselves struggle a bit at home.... Yeovil, ColU, Scunny, Bradford City and Dale....I'd imagine they like to sit deep and counter attack.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 13:47:32 »

I'd be very, very happy with 7/9 points this Xmas period against Donny, Walsall and Port Vale.

Can see both Donny and Vale sitting back here, similar to Fleetwood.

As a side, I keep thinking to myself this week how the hell did Doncaster win league 1 2 years ago? They did, but I don't remember them being that great.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 13:54:52 »

I think they won it mostly on being bigger than the other teams.  It didnt seem like attractive football anyway. 

Never knowingly overstated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 14:09:09 »

I still don't like thinking of our toothless, televised, most recent fixture with Donny.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 14:10:09 »

I'd be very, very happy with 7/9 points this Xmas period against Donny, Walsall and Port Vale.

As a side, I keep thinking to myself this week how the hell did Doncaster win league 1 2 years ago? They did, but I don't remember them being that great.

Hard graft. They were not a pretty side to watch but worked very hard and were very organised. Looking back at that season always gives me a sick feeling, we really should have walked that division. Hey ho, we're probably better off now.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 14:12:12 »

You don't have to be great to win a league, just effective when it counts most, in say the last 10 games of the season. This is doubly true when you have to play direct rivals in "six pointers"  Donny managed to win 6 of their last 10 with a draw thrown in, but key wins over us, Bormuff and Brentford

Like in the Wilson season, we stumbled when it got to squeaky bum time.  Although loth to get too far ahead of things....Shitheads and Dongs back to back at Easter, could be the sort of thing that wins you a league.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 15:52:08 »

I think they won it mostly on being bigger than the other teams.  It didnt seem like attractive football anyway. 

They also played their latter fixtures that season on a pitch covered in about an inch of sand, certainly was the case when we played them there Easter Monday last year. Made for one of the ugliest games of football I can recall seeing. Completely threw us that day, we barely strung three passes together. This year's vintage, different gravy, would have every confidence in them under such conditions.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 16:45:42 »

I was tempted to get one and wear it away to Walsall and Sheffield United...

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 17:27:10 »

I still don't like thinking of our toothless, televised, most recent fixture with Donny.

Was that under KM? Remember that was absolutely horrendous.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: