Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FL Highlights  (Read 6795 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 16:33:04 »

Leaves editorial content tight 9pm surely to go through the whole of the FL and put it all together.

I'm sure they will use John Barnes as expert summariser - always enjoy listening to his thoughts on games, such an expert having been out of the game for so long
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 16:35:19 »

I don't see the issue? More convenient time, and it's not like the BBC go in to depth with analysis anyway?..
No they don't and that's a good thing. Less talking heads, more time to show footage of games. Ch 5 are good at buying in US imports, the stuff they commission themselves is froth-laden cheap shite. If they just show the footage, all well and good, god help us if they try to make it more "relevant"/"fun"/"family-oriented"/ (or whatever else it is low-rent TV execs think they should be doing these days).
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 16:44:56 »

I predict that they'll reintroduce an interactive aspect (remember the horrible email segment on FLS?) and I imagine Mark Clemmit will move across to C5.

There's really not much more they can do in 90 minutes is there? I wasn't opposed to SkySports' bog standard rolling coverage plus V.O. (do they still do that on a Sunday?) but appreciate that they got this contract based on doing more with it.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 00:58:50 »

Doesn't Ian Wright present something on C5? Seems an obvious mating.
Panda Paws

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 11:39:56 »

I predict that they'll reintroduce an interactive aspect (remember the horrible email segment on FLS?) and I imagine Mark Clemmit will move across to C5.

There's really not much more they can do in 90 minutes is there? I wasn't opposed to SkySports' bog standard rolling coverage plus V.O. (do they still do that on a Sunday?) but appreciate that they got this contract based on doing more with it.

Clem is freelance, does a lot of stuff for BT now....
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 14:11:02 »

I'll just continue to do what I do now; record it, skip through all the shit I'm not interested in and just watch the parts I am. Doesn't really matter what channel it's on.

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 14:26:29 »

I'll just continue to do what I do now; record it, skip through all the shit I'm not interested in and just watch the parts I am. Doesn't really matter what channel it's on.
It does if they don't show the parts you're interested in. Or show less of them to make way for more of the shit you're not interested in. Like a slot for idiots emails or some hilarious "fans in shirts attempt a football-related task they're not very good at" section
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 16:37:42 »

It does if they don't show the parts you're interested in. Or show less of them to make way for more of the shit you're not interested in. Like a slot for idiots emails or some hilarious "fans in shirts attempt a football-related task they're not very good at" section
I'm not sure how they could show any less highlights for the majority of L1/L2 games. I take your point though.

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 16:40:58 »

I'm not sure how they could show any less highlights for the majority of L1/L2 games. I take your point though.
Actually that's true, maybe if they showed them in double time, Benny Hill style?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: