Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County vs Swindon Town Match Day Thread.  (Read 48355 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 21:43:04 »

I read other club's forums to get a different perspective on how we're doing.

After reading the Notts County forum, for example, I feel more assured that we are fucking brilliant. The OTIB forum is just plain silly.

Is anyone on that forum over the age of 12? I saw someone say 'Jeff Smelling' on there....

Also, anyone else cringe when you see 'Swindle' written down? I mean, come on... insult us better than that.

Bunch of cunts.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 22:49:16 »

Imitation is a sincere form of envy.

On the subject of reading other forums, I was quite curious to discover how the Pox managed 6,900 at the Kassam on Saturday v Bury.

Apparently they gave away 2,000 tickets to school kids and invited their 3,000 season ticket holders to bring a friend for free...not surprisingly the season ticket holders had few friends to muster. 

This promotion didn't sound nearly as well thought out as the Trust's promotion even if a minor bump was achieved with the give-away

As ever, always in our shadow.

LincolnRedExile

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 23:56:31 »

Great to see the Notts County fans singing our praise on Facebook.  Fair play to them.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 09:56:27 »

Great to see the Notts County fans singing our praise on Facebook.  Fair play to them.

Sharing the love:
Quote from: HumblePies
- Swindon were better than us, it happens!
- It was great watch a side play like Swindon did yesterday.
- Going forward they are all decent players but that isn't good enough against a quality team like Swindon.
- Swindon were in a different class
- all these so called experts about what the manager did wrong etc point is we where outplayed end of nothing you can do about that just have to take it on the chin
- I'm not blaming the players. No shame in being beaten by a better side.
- I don't think we played terrible today at all- we were outclassed by a slick side and a weird ref
- Notts were outplayed today by a very good side and the score could have been embarassing if not for a string of saves by Roy Caroll. We did have a few good chances but couldn't take them and Swindon played some lovely one-touch football in simple triangles that would cut through most defences. Well played to Swindon but lets move on to the next game.
- Outplayed and out classed. Judging on the media team, not hard to see why Swindon are challenging.
- Make no mistake Swindon are a very good side.
- over all notts played okay but swindon had pace on us they a better side than bristol city can see why there second
- Best side I've seen this season. Automatic promotion for you I think.
- We were outclassed. Although there was some very bizarre referring! Man of the match? Any Swindon player,
- they are the best team I've seen this season they passed the ball around superbly wd were beaten by a better side today and I have no complaints
- Can't believe people are blaming the officials for our defeat. Some poor decisions yes but we were beaten by a much better team. A tremendous display of League One football from Swindon. Every single player in their team, including the keeper and back four were so comfortable in possession of the ball and they passed us into submission. Swindon had quality throughout the team that we just don't have and only some great saves from Carroll kept the score down.
- Swindon are the best side that I have seen so far this season, and, in fact, the past few seasons. So whoever finishes above them will be promoted.
- don't blame officials give respect to swindon quality team outplayed us they were class that was the reason we ain't up to there level credit to swindon town

Oh, and these made me smile:
Quote from: MadPies
- Was I at a different game? We were the better side for large chunks and the game was once again spoiled by appalling officials.
- The club needs major investment to get out of this league,you carn't do it with half a team of loan players.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #259 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 10:18:06 »

http://the72.co.uk/20789/league-one-team-of-the-week-week-seventeen/?

Gladwin and Williams in the L1 team of the week.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 10:36:03 »

OTIB makes me laugh. The gift that keeps on giving.  Cheesy
kerry red

« Reply #261 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 10:51:15 »

If they didn't think we were a major threat they wouldn't give a shit.

And vice versa!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: