Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County vs Swindon Town Match Day Thread.  (Read 48802 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, December 13, 2014, 22:59:12 »

Great win. I'm usually pessimistic about Town....

Nooooooo, really? You?

Wink
lambourn red

« Reply #211 on: Saturday, December 13, 2014, 22:59:36 »

Great to see comments like this on opposition forums

No seriously though, I think today is one of them days where you have to just hold your hands up and admit we were beaten by a much better side than us. Their players are all proven at both this level and above. They are a championship side, and on what I saw today could overhaul Bristol City and win this league. They've beaten the top sides in this league and we saw why today. The way they kept the ball, moved it around, but also did the nasty stuff so well - you couldn't help but admire it really. Usually at this level sides can either be physical or play nice football, but Swindon do both very well. Good luck to them, they're a top side.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, December 13, 2014, 23:03:35 »

Great to see comments like this on opposition forums

No seriously though, I think today is one of them days where you have to just hold your hands up and admit we were beaten by a much better side than us. Their players are all proven at both this level and above. They are a championship side, and on what I saw today could overhaul Bristol City and win this league. They've beaten the top sides in this league and we saw why today. The way they kept the ball, moved it around, but also did the nasty stuff so well - you couldn't help but admire it really. Usually at this level sides can either be physical or play nice football, but Swindon do both very well. Good luck to them, they're a top side.

Those comments make me proud. Well done to the poster but equally well done to the boys. This team has come of age.
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, December 13, 2014, 23:19:33 »

yep nice stuff and nice comments too.

not sure how they think all our players are 'proven' at championship level though...does that have a tinge of the
'lucky swindle moneybags' lurking behind it ?

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, December 13, 2014, 23:24:16 »

yep nice stuff and nice comments too.

not sure how they think all our players are 'proven' at championship level though...does that have a tinge of the
'lucky swindle moneybags' lurking behind it ?

Yeah possibly. It was more the bit about us doing the nasty things well that I was proud of. Thought we were bullied at times a little last year. This year; good luck with that!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 00:00:10 »

Trying to think who in the team has played in the Championship.

Andy Williams? Obika? Struggling to think of any others...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 00:00:43 »

"[Swindon] are the best team I've seen at this level. They played fantastically well."

Notts County manager Shaun Derry
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 00:03:28 »

Trying to think who in the team has played in the Championship.

Andy Williams? Obika? Struggling to think of any others...

Luongo briefly and not very successfully.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 01:05:03 »

Luongo briefly and not very successfully.

Pretty sure that applies to the players I mentioned as well.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 01:14:36 »

Perhaps they meant at international level? Judging by reviews of Mass' today performance it doesn't seem implausible.

I also heard Derry waited by the pitch to shake the hands of all the Town players.
Fair play.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pete

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 01:29:33 »

Just saw the goals on FLS. Claridge praised us, almost sounded sincere.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 07:26:21 »

What a great result.... Smiley

Any chance of a link to see the goals...thanks in advance

COYMR
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 10:05:12 »

Yeah possibly. It was more the bit about us doing the nasty things well that I was proud of. Thought we were bullied at times a little last year. This year; good luck with that!

Yes, Bristol tried that one didn't they and that turned out well...for us. Comments like the one above means I'm even more looking forward to Saturday now - it'll be my first home match of the season.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 11:29:50 »

What a great result.... Smiley

Any chance of a link to see the goals...thanks in advance

COYMR

Highlights should be up on youtube today or tomorrow
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #224 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 11:54:07 »

Having a little read (as I always do after matches) of the opponents forum and I have to say their fans are in the main very impressed with us, only a few moaning about the ref sending their player off etc, so here is a breif concatination of comments...

Swindon were the best team I've seen this season, they played superb football and carved us open at times. Saying that I thought we started well despite gifting them a goal, and did exactly the same at the start of the second.

We were chasing shadows today, we made them look like the 1970 Brazil team.

Totally outplayed. Sharp passing and good movement cut us to shreds something it seems is alien to the SD style of play.
Swindon play quality football in the right areas of the field and they have players who know where the goals are.

We were run ragged by a far sharper, more mobile and cultured side today. Different class altogether, thought Kasim & Obika were outstanding for them & Gladwin was quality too.

Beaten by a better team today, albeit a farcical referee display. Swindon are a good team built over a couple of years with a very distinct style and they cut us to bits.

The excuse for pessimism on here always seems to be 'I'm a realist' but if you're a realist, you'd realise we've got a solid mid-table squad that are overachieving a bit and will come unstuck against a superb team like Swindon.

Swindon reminded me of when Southampton got promoted from L1. Physically tall and strong with the ability to pass through teams.

Sorry, can't blame the ref for this one. We've been completely outclassed from the start.

Swindon outplayed us, without question. But any chance we had was taken away by the inept officials, letting the Swindon players get away with cynical tackles off the ball and punishing our players at every single opportunity, it was no wonder the hotheads in the team lost the plot under those circumstances.

Swindon were just better than us in every department today...they played passing football..attacked in numbers...made no defensive errors unlike some of our lads..moved off the ball...ran into channels..we huffed and puffed but quality will always shine through and in the end it turned out to be like a training session for Swindon.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: