Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Our friends down the road?  (Read 15361 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2014, 08:10:41 »

Pretty good. 24 years and going strong.

I'd actually popped the question weeks before, we were just announcing to her folks but she regards it as our formal engagement date.  Dropped her off at parents near Wycombe, M40, quick dash to pub, game, quick pint afterwards, dash back to discover all her family there so take your point re dark mood if we'd lost.  Not sure I'd thought that through.

Robinson goals was yet another win there.  This was Shearer (2), Simpson and (I think) Foley.  At that point we had far and away the best record of any long-standing derby in the entire league.  3 defeats on the trot have dented that record.  God I hate those tossers.

Not really long standing though is it?  I remember the first games v Oxford, and how when they managed to get themselves into the league, we gave them a couple of players to help them out in neighbourly fashion.

Some of us had an active dislike of Bristhole, before Oxford were even a league club, spomething passed down by fathers and grandfathers.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2014, 09:38:54 »

Some of us had an active dislike of Bristhole, before Oxford were even a league club, spomething passed down by fathers and grandfathers.
My Dad God rest his soul, always said the Bristhole derby with Shitty was the big one (Rovers and Reading being lesser derbies to him) he didn't even consider the Pox (or as he called then Headington) as a rival right up until the day he died.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 1, 2015, 12:26:46 »

Not wishing to start a new thread for shitty...
We all know points west and ITV west are Bristol biased TV channels but when the fuck did they get one on sky ??
Channel 117 made in Bristol  Roll Eyes
Never noticed it before
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 1, 2015, 18:23:54 »

Small penis syndrome. Bit like ladies and their support groups, need regular reassurance about their identity and sense of standing in the community/group.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 1, 2015, 19:53:18 »

Not wishing to start a new thread for shitty...
We all know points west and ITV west are Bristol biased TV channels but when the fuck did they get one on sky ??
Channel 117 made in Bristol  Roll Eyes
Never noticed it before

It's not just Brizzle, there's one for Cardiff and I think Leeds too
God knows why anyone would want to watch that

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 1, 2015, 19:56:22 »

It's not just Brizzle, there's one for Cardiff and I think Leeds too
God knows why anyone would want to watch that

The Cardiff one is embarrassingly shite.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 1, 2015, 20:12:30 »

Urghhhh
Didn't spot those 2
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: