Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Our friends down the road?  (Read 15355 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 18:40:13 »

Duke is a bit obsessed by Oxford, and he's getting on a bit, you have to make allowances....
Fucking hell, Duke, coming from Reg, that's gotta hurt Smiley
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 19:09:04 »

Oh for christ sake.  So SC is a genius as he is managing to get good performances out of an expensively assembled squad with massive backing whereas Cooper working with youth and loans is shit. 
Give Cotterill time and he'll fuck it up.....the only club where's he had success without having a massive budget was Cheltenham. He was fairly successful at Notts County where he was doing a Di Canio, spending money as if he was shitting it, but everywhere else he's either jumped ship before he got found out or he's been a miserable failure. He claimed he was the saviour of Forest, saving them from relegation......despite the fact that they finished the season in a lower position than when he took over. He bigs himself up big time. But he is, basically, just a massive cunt. The only one to match him for whinging when they lose (especially to Swindon) is Andy Scott....another massive cunt.

Managers are generally only as good as the budget they have to work with. It's about time Cooper was given the recognition he deserves, especially having to cope with the mess that Di Canio left behind not to mention all the Boardroom shenanigans over the last coupe of seasons. I don't think anything would give me greater pleasure than to see us turn Brizzle over on their turf (even more so if they have another dirty bastard red-carded and Nathan does another jig at the end in front of their fans) and for us to go up as champions....and for them to fade away. Losing in the play offs would be funny. Even better, losing out on the play offs by one point so they can bitch and wallow in self-pity, whining on about the injustice of losing to us twice through dodgy red card decisions and cheating Swindon players.......
kerry red

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 19:13:58 »

TBH City never really registered with me as a hated rival - that was saved for the yellow stain - but I have developed quite a loathing for the fuckers.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 19:18:53 »

There is only one Derby "them down, up, across the road are Oxford.

We are nothing to the Shitheads, they have The Gas.
They are another Reading just a local game.

Sorry but only Oxford matters.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 21:20:16 »

There is only one Derby "them down, up, across the road are Oxford.

They are another Reading just a local game.

Sorry but only Oxford matters.
That's all fair enough Duke, but the original post (which you totally missed the point of) referred to a post on the main Bristol City forum.

You stupid senile old cunt...

Wink
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 21:55:44 »

Lots of them hate Cardiff more.

It's more because many of them spent years convincing themselves that Rovers were irrelevant and meant nothing to them. However, then Rovers got relegated and it became the biggest deal in history.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 21:57:40 by Costanza » Logged
deltaincline

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 23:22:57 »

That's all fair enough Duke, but the original post (which you totally missed the point of) referred to a post on the main Bristol City forum.

You stupid senile old cunt... Wink
Put your teeth back in Duke, brush the piss off your slippers, slap on some Old Spice and admit that you fucked up.........

Mind, your persistent hatred of the dirty, stinking, piss-ridden cunts over the border is without fucking question sir, so you can be forgiven for jumping quickly to your default position  Pint
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 08:55:22 »

The only one to match him for whinging when they lose (especially to Swindon) is Andy Scott....another massive cunt.

Neil Warnock?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 20:49:10 »

Put your teeth back in Duke, brush the piss off your slippers, slap on some Old Spice and admit that you fucked up.........

Mind, your persistent hatred of the dirty, stinking, piss-ridden cunts over the border is without fucking question sir, so you can be forgiven for jumping quickly to your default position  Pint

Our "friends" down the road just gets me into a blind rage.
Didn't even see a reference to SC, didn't want to see it.
One team, one hatred, no other team comes remotely close.
Sadly, for me not enough Swindon fans get it.
kerry red

« Reply #24 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 21:06:45 »

Nobody's denying the hatred - but with no prospect of actually playing them any time soon City are a convenient substitute.

The game a few weeks ago had a far better atmosphere than the Scum games
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 21:28:38 »

Nobody's denying the hatred - but with no prospect of actually playing them any time soon City are a convenient substitute.

The game a few weeks ago had a far better atmosphere than the Scum games

Depends how you define "better".  It was an exciting game to watch and good because it mattered at the time but usually gets quickly forgotten about, only lasting this time because of the bizarre reaction of Cotterill which their sad little fans latched onto.

By contrast the Oxford games have a hateful atmosphere because everyone knows a bad result sticks with you until the next meeting, as Oxford have known for decades and we are having to get used to now.  On the other hand if you win its the greatest feeling in the world.  Best example for me; 22nd Sept 1990, remembered by my wife and her family as the day we got engaged and by me because we dicked oxford 4-2 away having been 2 goals down in the first 10 minutes.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 21:57:19 »

Depends how you define "better".  It was an exciting game to watch and good because it mattered at the time but usually gets quickly forgotten about, only lasting this time because of the bizarre reaction of Cotterill which their sad little fans latched onto.

By contrast the Oxford games have a hateful atmosphere because everyone knows a bad result sticks with you until the next meeting, as Oxford have known for decades and we are having to get used to now.  On the other hand if you win its the greatest feeling in the world.  Best example for me; 22nd Sept 1990, remembered by my wife and her family as the day we got engaged and by me because we dicked oxford 4-2 away having been 2 goals down in the first 10 minutes.

Spot on exactly. I get the nerves at least a week before, the loss sticks around for ages but the wins mean everything.
The occasions just get to me.
Remember when Turbo crashed in his second at Oxford and I got on top of the fence, it just got to me.
I guess the fact that a steward worked with me at Oxford.
All I remember was hearing, "get down" put I was too busy pointing at all corners of the ground where I knew my Pox mates would be.
As I said City, Rovers, Reading just another game with a little added spice. Oxford everything.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 22:02:55 »

2-0 down and should have been 3.
Enter Shearer and loved it when he celebrated in front of those bastards in the London Road.
Since 75 went to every Derby and never saw us get beat at Swindon until that Sunday.
Took me weeks to get that out of the system.
Still 1 defeat in 40 years against the scum at home is not bad going.

Had some defeats down that shit hole, with 5-0 being the worse.
Still got revenge later that year when some smoke found its way on the pitch and stopped them going up Smiley
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, December 8, 2014, 22:10:40 »

Best example for me; 22nd Sept 1990, remembered by my wife and her family as the day we got engaged and by me because we dicked oxford 4-2 away having been 2 goals down in the first 10 minutes.
So how did that engagement work, Pax?

Think I'd have been too tense (and fearful of ending up in a dark mood on my engagement day) to have popped any question or did Mrs Pax ask you just before Turbo's second?
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2014, 07:29:48 »

So how did that engagement work, Pax?

Think I'd have been too tense (and fearful of ending up in a dark mood on my engagement day) to have popped any question or did Mrs Pax ask you just before Turbo's second?
Pretty good. 24 years and going strong.

I'd actually popped the question weeks before, we were just announcing to her folks but she regards it as our formal engagement date.  Dropped her off at parents near Wycombe, M40, quick dash to pub, game, quick pint afterwards, dash back to discover all her family there so take your point re dark mood if we'd lost.  Not sure I'd thought that through.

Robinson goals was yet another win there.  This was Shearer (2), Simpson and (I think) Foley.  At that point we had far and away the best record of any long-standing derby in the entire league.  3 defeats on the trot have dented that record.  God I hate those tossers.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: