Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 67485 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 15:46:58 »

Don't disagree with any of the above but by way of some balance, U10 kids do get free tickets if they sign up to the Junior Robins which is about £25 IIRC. So U10s season tickets are very cheap. But that doesn't take away the problems people are talking about here and does nothing to help attract (back) casual fans with kids

Problem with that being, how likely are the very casual element of our support likely to sign there kid up to junior robins for £25 when the parents themselves are perhaps only going to be able to afford to take them 2 or 3 times a season? Maybe the solution is a lot more simple, for next season drop the junior robins membership price to a tenner and maybe up the age to 12?

Also the thing with kids, as long as you get more in, you'll always make any nominal loss back because they always want something. I remember what I was like as a kid at football, I was a pain in the arse, always asking for a programme or a mars bar or a coke or something. It's what kids do.
kerry red

« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 15:49:33 »

Hopefully, next season the Bank will be used fairly often by the bigger followings in the Championship anyway.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 15:53:08 »

I might be well off the mark but it seems to me that the Trust are indeed heading towards a nearly fully corporate subsidised family style enclosure area in the ground.  Stage one, show the local community can be dragged in, stage two get corporates on-board who see a way of targeting an audience while showing community spirit.  Stage 3, section off an area (maybe bigger than they initially thought), get the corporate sponsors to effectively all but pay for those people to attend (via the schools route so it is a local community effort and not diverting other audiences) in an area where they get coverage/advertising and also a way of targeting a very proactive and engaged audience.  Sounds like a plan, and if they can 3k through the gat each week, bully for everyone involved.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 15:56:49 »

Hopefully, next season the Bank will be used fairly often by the bigger followings in the Championship anyway.

This. If we went up, the away followings would go up hugely, let alone the extra 2,000 odd we'd get from our own fans. It would make much of this debate redundant providing Power did the sensible thing and didn't increase prices.

Could still do a family day too for a game against a team with shit support who won't take the bank like Wigan or Rotherham or someone.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 15:59:06 »

The under ten ST is a decent idea, season for the price of two games even if the adult doesn't go every game its a winner ( my two nephews take advantage of this and grandson will in a couple of years )
Its when they reach 11 ppl have a long hard think.
Remember a few on here mentioning it as it's a massive price hike.

There must be scope for a family ticket, I guess we have a family section somewhere  Hmmm tho I haven't a clue where
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 16:06:48 »

I might be well off the mark but it seems to me that the Trust are indeed heading towards a nearly fully corporate subsidised family style enclosure area in the ground.  Stage one, show the local community can be dragged in, stage two get corporates on-board who see a way of targeting an audience while showing community spirit.  Stage 3, section off an area (maybe bigger than they initially thought), get the corporate sponsors to effectively all but pay for those people to attend (via the schools route so it is a local community effort and not diverting other audiences) in an area where they get coverage/advertising and also a way of targeting a very proactive and engaged audience.  Sounds like a plan, and if they can 3k through the gat each week, bully for everyone involved.

You might be right. We're all here reacting to the good work by The Trust, brainstorming our own ideas...but I get the impression The Trust are probably 5/6 steps ahead of most of us in this thread. Getting a sponsor to cover the lion share cost of discounted/cheap tickets through schools in a designated family area would be eutopia, but probably not all that unrealistic.

In terms of the area of the ground for the final all singing, all dancing, family sectioned off area, it must be a straight choice between the block nearest the Town End in the Arkells and the block nearest the bank in The Don Rogers.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 16:08:30 »

Problem with that being, how likely are the very casual element of our support likely to sign there kid up to junior robins for £25 when the parents themselves are perhaps only going to be able to afford to take them 2 or 3 times a season? Maybe the solution is a lot more simple, for next season drop the junior robins membership price to a tenner and maybe up the age to 12?

Also the thing with kids, as long as you get more in, you'll always make any nominal loss back because they always want something. I remember what I was like as a kid at football, I was a pain in the arse, always asking for a programme or a mars bar or a coke or something. It's what kids do.
Yes, I completely agree. That's why I said "that doesn't take away the problems people are talking about here and does nothing to help attract (back) casual fans with kids"
kerry red

« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 16:12:37 »

The average Championship away following last season was 1,320.

Only 2 teams would really sell out at the CG - Leeds and Wolves - others may depending on how they are doing.

Would we open the Bank if there were only a couple of hundred away fans that couldn't fit in the Arkells.

Most home games would have to be ALL TICKET for away fans so we could gauge how many to expect and where to house them
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 16:36:53 »

I'm sure Reading would fill there's as they love us so much.

Also, yes I'm sure we would open the bank for a couple of hundred. Why turn down money?
kerry red

« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 16:40:02 »

How much does it cost to open it?

Don't forget there is room for about 11,000 home fans without the Bank. Would we fill that week on week?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 16:47:50 »

Sheffield Wednesday always have a good travelling support don't they? Norwich, Birmingham, Forest and Derby all would I'm sure. and Brighton.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 16:51:16 »

probably worth thinking about after May....

(dont jinx it!)
kerry red

« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 16:51:44 »

None of those would sell 3000 odd tickets but would probably be too many for just the Arkells.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 17:24:22 »

None of those would sell 3000 odd tickets but would probably be too many for just the Arkells.

Maybe they'd look at splitting it like way back before my time Wink.

But that would rely on us selling out the DR, Arkells & TE week on week to put in the effort for that.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 19:40:18 »

Are the highlights available for this yet?? Can't find them on the Sky website!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: