Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 66996 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 18:26:36 »

Should we be doing something to attract more ginger people to our matches ?

I appreciate that they would clash horribly with our club colours, but we should be doing something to get more of them in

Free tickets ?

Best not put them on the bank, as it may be sunny
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 19:03:13 »

Should we be doing something to attract more ginger people to our matches ?

I appreciate that they would clash horribly with our club colours, but we should be doing something to get more of them in

Free tickets ?

Best not put them on the bank, as it may be sunny

FUCK OFF. If anything we should be driving them out.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 20:04:23 »

It is racist....as it makes negative assumptions about people from different ethnic backgrounds.  

Ha. Sorry, but what a load of old bollocks.

What negative assumptions are they then?

Audrey proposed offering free/cheap tickets to ethnic minorities, after someone asked who should the trust target next after schools.

The former is no more racist than the latter is.. er.. kid-ist.

Still a shit idea mind.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 20:18:02 »

I think we should just get back-to-back promotions, dominate the Premier League for a decade or two and conquer Europe four/five times. That'll bring the masses to the CG....

....maybe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 20:21:29 »

Ha. Sorry, but what a load of old bollocks.

What negative assumptions are they then?

Audrey proposed offering free/cheap tickets to ethnic minorities, after someone asked who should the trust target next after schools.

The former is no more racist than the latter is.. er.. kid-ist.

Still a shit idea mind.

The negative assumptions are (a) members of ethnic communities require a cheap ticket, because they are too poor to pay full price. (b) members of ethnic communities in order to integrate should be "helped" to watch the local FC.

I realise that Audrey's suggestion was posted with a good motive, however it's still racist...much racism is unintentional.

As for kidism....maybe, but the wider society does have a duty of care to its children, so it can be argued that a subsidised trip to the football is an educational experience therefore worthy of praise. It also has the advantage of being neutral, in terms of racism.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 20:28:04 »

a ticket offer to Polish and other minority groups in Swindon

Is that some kind of Pledge ?
Flashheart

« Reply #321 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 20:34:42 »

Is that some kind of Pledge ?

Clap
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 20:49:29 »

The negative assumptions are (a) members of ethnic communities require a cheap ticket, because they are too poor to pay full price. (b) members of ethnic communities in order to integrate should be "helped" to watch the local FC.

Not sure where you got a) from, given the context.

B) I sort of see where you're coming from, but again, it doesn't really tally with the context, which was purely to help *the club* 'hook' new paying fans, not the other way round.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 20:58:47 »

Racism aside, and I do think it borders on it too, I don't see giving tickets/discounts to adults as a way forward really.

With a school you can create a bit of a buzz in the playground, get the kids talking about it, back it up with the FITC team and hope that kids want to come back to see LIVE footy.

I doubt it would work with adults.I reckon they mostly know about STFC and could go if they want to. Same could be said of the kids/adult that took them, but the kids provide the "motivation" (nagging Smiley)

I would also be more understanding of the "why the hell should they get free/cheap tickets" brigade.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 23:13:55 »

Great debate and I hate to say it but neither Audrey nor anyone else has proposed discounted tickets for ethnic communities - as opposed to STFC/the Trust simply considering targeting marketing at such groups.

That the latter idea provoked a hostile attack on imagined discounts to ethnic groups doesn't mean anyone ever advocated it, however great the rage shown.  The only discount suggestion for adults concerned servicemen.

Targeting schools with discounts and with making the match a great experience on the day for them and their parents  will be the best way to involve servicemen, ethnic communities, regional incomers and multi generational Swindonians IMO.

Other initiatives strengthening STFCs and the Trust's ties with the local community can also help.  That local community is most certainly schools but can be extended into other areas without involving discounts - look at what is on offer for the local business community through play on the pitch, conferencing and sponsorship, STFC's involvement with Help for Heroes and so on.

For the time being, we can only be grateful that the Trust is playing such a positive role working alongside the Club.  Just think what a new ground could do (a few free tickets tickets for the local authority might not go amiss) !
Flashheart

« Reply #325 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 02:51:04 »

- neither Audrey nor anyone else has proposed discounted tickets for ethnic communities -

I've found it all quite amusing that a bunch of people are getting themselves worked up over a suggestion that was never actually suggested. While we're at it..... I think it's a terrible idea that women should get discounted tickets. It's sexist, are we not in the 21st century now? Fucking misogynists.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 07:43:09 »

Hmm.. it was probably a reasonable assumption that he was talking about free tickets, given that someone asked who should be next; I.e. after the schools, who were given free tickets. Albeit he later clarified that wasn't what he meant.

Oh and I think it was only Ironside who was irate.  Smiley
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 08:20:20 »

So we're getting irate about people getting irate about something that was said, that wasn't actually said, when people aren't actually even irate?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #328 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 08:23:03 »

Classic TEF
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Friday, December 5, 2014, 08:30:24 »

So we're getting irate about people getting irate about something that was said, that wasn't actually said, when people aren't actually even irate?

Stop getting irate at people getting irate about people getting irate about something that was said, that wasn't actually said, when people aren't actually even irate!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: