Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 66977 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 01:26:30 »

Anyway.

Does anyone know where Shaw Rosso is? No sign of him for a couple of weeks.

This is important.

Hope he's just on holiday or something.
Flashheart

« Reply #301 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 07:24:42 »

28th October he said something about a trip to A&E. Hopefully that's completely irrelevant.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #302 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 08:07:59 »

28th October he said something about a trip to A&E. Hopefully that's completely irrelevant.
Fingers crossed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 08:09:45 »

I've been a fan for decades but unlike the earlier poster, I'd be delighted to see the club marketed, or even further, a ticket offer to Polish and other minority groups in Swindon, because if it has a chance of increasing our crowds on a long term basis and introducing new people to the club that may not feel part of the community already, we all win. Bigger crowds, better atmosphere, more income for the club and an initiative to be truly proud of.

Sadly the issue is fraught with danger and the club will avoid it because certain people will burst a blood vessel over the prospect of someone else paying less for something than them.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 08:15:43 »

I've been a fan for decades but unlike the earlier poster, I'd be delighted to see the club marketed, or even further, a ticket offer to Polish and other minority groups in Swindon, because if it has a chance of increasing our crowds on a long term basis and introducing new people to the club that may not feel part of the community already, we all win. Bigger crowds, better atmosphere, more income for the club and an initiative to be truly proud of.

Sadly the issue is fraught with danger and the club will avoid it because certain people will burst a blood vessel over the prospect of someone else paying less for something than them.
Which, to be fair, is quite understandable.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #305 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 08:21:54 »

Yes.  Hope so, too!  Has anyone PM'd him?
Flashheart

« Reply #306 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 10:22:59 »

I've just sent him an email.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 10:52:27 »

Bizarrely, I'm with Ironside on this....selecting immigrant groups is clearly a racist proposition, ie it's as discriminatory as charging them more.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 12:44:02 »

Bizarrely, I'm with Ironside on this....selecting immigrant groups is clearly a racist proposition, ie it's as discriminatory as charging them more.

I'm not sure its "racist", but, as he said (prior to spewing out a load of bile) it would be unlawful. And not a particularly good idea anyway in my opinion.

Marketing, and making ethnic groups feel welcome = of course
Cheaper tickets = no
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 13:18:42 »

Well this got off topic a bit.

I could see where ironside is coming from on this though if it was discounted tickets as the idea being presented. There isn't any such thing as 'positive discrimination' that's a load of nonsense. It's like people who use the term 'reverse racism' to describe a person of a different ethnic background being racist towards a white person. Another load of bollocks.

Discrimination is discrimination and racism is racism.

Having said that, it's been stated it was more marketing the club to those communities, which can't hurt.
kerry red

« Reply #310 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 14:22:50 »

Might be worth dropping in the Bradford forum, for example, to see if their club does anything to encourage people from their large Asian community.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 14:29:33 »

What have you got against large Asians?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 14:38:33 »

From what I hear he's rather fond of them.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #313 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 14:41:44 »

Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 15:43:23 »

I'm not sure its "racist", but, as he said (prior to spewing out a load of bile) it would be unlawful. And not a particularly good idea anyway in my opinion.

Marketing, and making ethnic groups feel welcome = of course
Cheaper tickets = no

It is racist....as it makes negative assumptions about people from different ethnic backgrounds.  

For example, Swindon has had a large Irish, Polish, Italian community since more or less 1945....you can throw in the Welsh if you like, since the start of the 20th Century....at no point in that time has there been any discrimination in favour of cheap tickets for members of those communities, yet over the years, many will have come to support Town, some will have stuck with it others, fallen away, as is always the case with fandom.

« Last Edit: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 15:59:52 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: