Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood and the trust  (Read 44063 times)
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 21:41:25 »

Also, MKDongs ran a promotion for home and away fans today. For £25 two adults get entry, a pint and a pie. They managed to attract 6,720 today.
[/quote]

I think this highlights the problems with having midweek games when Champions League matches are on the tele.  Particularly on the Tuesday when everybody can see the game on ITV.  I think it might be worth switching back to Wednesday night for midweek games to help

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 21:47:16 »

Well I just checked - there weren't any free tickets given away in my local school - how do you get on the list of favourites ?

Or it just for the chosen few ?
Is there really any need for the snide implications that the Trust have somehow played favourites with a select few schools? AFAIK, they wrote to all schools in the area asking if they'd be interested, so if your school didn't get free tickets given away maybe it's because they didn't show any interest? Might be an idea to ask the question of the school rather than the Trust?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 21:54:16 »

Should probably clarify that the chaps I spoke to in the pub are by no means Swindon fans. I am on my lonesome when it comes to that in my local.

I can see what they mean, but seriously, screw anyone who is willing to moan about the attendance being higher.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 21:55:04 »

They signed-up 30 schools, which is a pretty decent number.  My son had a leaflet at Covingham.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 21:56:53 »

Was it only Swindon that was targeted or did we go after any of the surrounding areas as well?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 21:59:37 »

They signed-up 30 schools, which is a pretty decent number.  My son had a leaflet at Covingham.
As you say, a good number, esp for the first time they've done it. And if they got 3500 from 30 schools, probably a good job they didn't sign any more up, they'd have been struggling to meet demand!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 22:01:28 »

Swindon, from the story that ran back in October, it seems.  First of many initiatives, seemingly designed to get local families involved, which in turn will be used to get companies interested in being involved to begin funding initiatives.  Idea being that STFC have burned bridges and companies think football is awash with money, so the Trust are essentially playing the independent middle man card.  On the one hand they get people through the gate and interest in the community, then they get companies to begin investing in the idea, not nec STFC.  
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 22:02:58 »

I got "hooked" when my village football team used to go every end of season as a club, did a training session with youth coaches near the ground then watch the match in the afternoon. Under 8's I think. Wonder if this still happens as well?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 22:05:23 »

In 1993, following the initial date being postponed, we got nearly 15,000 for a midweek game against Birmingham.  The two games either side were sub 9,000.  We'd offered tickets for something like £4 for adults in the main stands and less in the Town End.  Clearly these ideas don't work out financially if repeated every game, but with clever analysis and investment from other partners, here could be a very very very good idea in this type of idea.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 22:05:54 »

I got "hooked" when my village football team used to go every end of season as a club, did a training session with youth coaches near the ground then watch the match in the afternoon. Under 8's I think. Wonder if this still happens as well?
Yep. My lad's team did it last season as just a team, then all the teams did it as a club (albeit minus the training session but with a Q&A with Cooper, Storey, Wes after the game) as part of the "ProRed" thing. Both worked really well, the kids loved it and plenty of kids (and parents) who'd not been to a game before were completely buzzed by the whole day.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 22:08:09 »

Oh and our attendances began to rise soon after that Birmingham game.  We maintained good form and it was a great season, clearly, but it may well have sparked a little bit of interest that kept a few coming back, even though the game was a dour 0-0 in the cold.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 23:33:02 »

They signed-up 30 schools, which is a pretty decent number.  My son had a leaflet at Covingham.

My sons' school must have signed up, as they brought leaflets home a month or two ago about Trust membership.  However, I haven't seen anything about free tickets for the Fleetwood game in their bags.  Not that it matters to us, as we have season tickets anyway, but would be a shame if the school hasn't communicated it out.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 06:47:25 »

You know the score, there could be letters from a year ago in school bags, along with blue sandwiches, or is that just my daughter?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 09:44:59 »

Attendance guesses for the weekend then - 9250

#VivaKenBarlow!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 09:59:53 »

6,500 regular paying home fans
3,500 Trust family freeloaders (said in jest)
200 Fleetwood.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: