Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood and the trust  (Read 44080 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 15:21:05 »

Agreed. They need to put in something between £1 and life. Many people would be happy to hand over a fiver.

Membership used to be a fiver. We reduced it to £1 to get numbers on board from May, but we will review this, probably in the new year.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 16:02:18 »

Membership used to be a fiver. We reduced it to £1 to get numbers on board from May, but we will review this, probably in the new year.

I'll be more than happy to get involved with the Trust more than monetary contributions if needs be. I'm a Designer. Mainly a web designer & developer but I would be happy to contribute what I can.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 16:27:04 »

I'll be more than happy to get involved with the Trust more than monetary contributions if needs be. I'm a Designer. Mainly a web designer & developer but I would be happy to contribute what I can.

Can you email us via info@truststfc.com, with your offer to help. Thanks.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 16:36:53 »

I was expecting 2-300 when I opened this, as first I heard about it was today, genuinely astounded. Its great that were getting kids in, and I hope it leads to lots of returns in the future, that's slightly tempered by the feeling that its possibly a load of freeloaders, so hopefully there will be a lot of programme sales, lots of town shirts bought for xmas presents to replace the Chelsea ones, and more hopefully we don't get dicked and it puts them off for life..

We are Swindon, this is inevitable.  I'll still be there, though.

Edit: Astounding effort by the Trust.  Really well done to all who've made this possible.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 16:42:49 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 17:06:42 »

Jesus.....impressive doesn't begin to cover it for me. Every town fan on Facebook and/or Twitter should give this a like/share/retweet. Bloody well done to all involved.
Reading that article, it would appear that the two fellas involved could be a bit of a dream ticket when it comes to building a future fanbase with these initiatives.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 17:40:35 »

The Trust have just sent an email out to all members (if you haven't got one and are a member PM me and I'll look into it) with a few more details.

"Saturday will be a very special day for TrustSTFC and the club. We will be welcoming thousands of school children and their parent / guardian to the County Ground for a Trust Family Day and match with Fleetwood; after the Trust secured 3,500 free tickets for this match to distribute to members of our School Partnership.

TrustSTFC are currently engaging with local primary schools through the School Partnerships to raise awareness of the club and boost matchday attendances. Over 30 Swindon Primary Schools have now signed up to become Trust 'School Partners'.

The Trust board approached the football club a few weeks ago to establish how they could support our campaign to boost attendances and encourage more families to the games; at which point we asked the club to support us to the tune of 800-1,200 tickets to distribute to schools.

Fast-forward a few weeks and the feedback from the leaflet campaign with participating TrustSTFC Primary Schools resulted in a fantastic response. TrustSTFC Chair Steve Mytton reflects "The response was amazing though, and almost 3500 tickets were requested, all of them from young school families in the area, they represent the future crowd of Swindon Town.”

We and the club were blown away by this fantastic response. This shows local people are interested in supporting the club and would jump at the opportunity to watch matches. The new question for the Trust was how to get as many of these school children and adults into the County Ground...

The Trust board would therefore like to thank Lee Power, Steve Anderson and Adam Wainwright who have agreed to match the response and provide 3,500 free tickets for this match. To achieve this we've opened the Stratton Bank as well as taking up space in the 'S' of the Don Rogers Stand. We hope that this boost to the attendance will last beyond this match, with more families regularly attending games. Given the team are performing magnificently at the moment and playing some excellent football the Trust want to see five figure crowds at the County Ground every game. We therefore hope to announce further initiatives in coming weeks about boosting attendances and supporting the next generation of Town supporters."
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 17:58:44 »

Three rules for the hardened silverbacks on Saturday:

1. Go out of your way to be helpful to kids and their families: they may not know which way up to hold a football, but they might come back if you make them welcome.

2. Don't moan at the consequences of this success: yes there will be longer queues for the loo and refreshments, and parking may be harder than usual. Welcome to the future, with luck.

3. Tape up Jayo's mouth.

Enjoy. That is all.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
kerry red

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 18:08:59 »

I woulda gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for them pesky kids
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 19:41:35 »

Have the tickets been distributed yet? Spoke to someone at work who hasn't received them, plus FITC were going to let us have a couple that haven't arrived in post!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 19:56:09 »

Apparently some negativity around this but can't seem to find anything about it? Can anyone shed some light?

#VivaKenBarlow!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 20:03:06 »

Apparently some negativity around this but can't seem to find anything about it? Can anyone shed some light?
People moaning on facebook, unfair on season ticket holders as people are getting in for free. Should be charging adults 15 quid as well.

Suicide
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 20:07:05 »

Adver comments
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 20:08:11 »

Adver comments

Say no more Tans!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 20:39:37 »

What, like a spider ?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 20:42:43 »

Was talking at the pub about this tonight, and the first thing that was brought up was 'What about the season ticket holders?'

I personally think that letting 3,500 new supporters into the ground for free is worth it. Especially when the majority will be kids who will, if the result goes the right way, be pestering their parents for a £25+ admission fee for the rest of the season.

Catch 'em young and they're hooked, especially with the way we play football at the moment, and if we get them singing along and enjoying the atmosphere.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: