Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood and the trust  (Read 43798 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 08:30:07 »

SWINDON Town Supporters’ Trust, TrustSTFC, have stepped up to the plate of raising attendances at the County Ground with a ticket offer that has nearly tripled their estimated take-up.

More than 30 Swindon primary schools have signed up to become ‘Trust School Partners’ and, as part of this Saturday’s ‘Trust Family Day,’ all of them were offered free tickets to adults and children attending the game, if the child attends a participating school.

The Trust initially thought they would need between 800 and 1,200 tickets – but the demand has been so large they have had to ask the club for 3,500 and will now fill the Stratton Bank and one of the side stands with families for this Saturday’s game against Fleetwood.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/11622828.Trust_s_Town_ticket_scheme_to_boost_Fleetwood_gate/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hope it warms up for them, fair play to them
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 08:34:47 »

That's fantastic. We all need to get behind the Trust. With our help, they could really get things moving in the town and beyond.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 08:41:06 »

Good news, let's hope we can create a bit of atmosphere and a lot of them decide to come back for future games.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 08:42:31 »

Astonished by the take up. Just goes to show that the interest is there. Here's hoping for a dry day, 3 points, and a goal or two in front of the SB to encourage them back!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 08:52:02 »

Fantastic effort from the Trust. Well done to everyone who was involved.

EDIT> And I've finally renewed my membership.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 08:57:34 »

Fantastic news...

One point of order - 3,500 filling the bank and a side stand???
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 09:01:15 »

Fantastic news...

DRS.

It'll be the first time since the Port Vale game in 2012, that we'll have Town fans on all 4 sides of the ground.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 09:01:47 »

Apologies for my ignorance to this....but have the Trust had to pay anything towards this? How exactly is this working?

Hopefully the club have the Kiosks in Stratton Bank loaded up with sweets, crisps and fizzy drinks to make something off it anyway :-).

Good work Trust. I think this should give some of the doubters a reason to join.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 09:02:02 »

Astonished by the take up. Just goes to show that the interest is there. Here's hoping for a dry day, 3 points, and a goal or two in front of the SB to encourage them back!

And if City screw up on Friday night...a good time to go top !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 09:02:56 »

Fantastic news...

2,200 the bank holds, so I assume they mean overfill in the side stands.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 09:08:48 »

I was expecting 2-300 when I opened this, as first I heard about it was today, genuinely astounded. Its great that were getting kids in, and I hope it leads to lots of returns in the future, that's slightly tempered by the feeling that its possibly a load of freeloaders, so hopefully there will be a lot of programme sales, lots of town shirts bought for xmas presents to replace the Chelsea ones, and more hopefully we don't get dicked and it puts them off for life..
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 09:13:19 »

It's worth mentioning I myself am a product of the late Steve McMahon/Jimmy Quinn era of either free tickets for under 16s or regular kid for a quid promotions. It was shit, yet I was still hooked. The system works. 
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 09:14:15 »

Apologies for my ignorance to this....but have the Trust had to pay anything towards this? How exactly is this working?

I believe they have got sponsorship to make up the shortfall
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 09:19:35 »

It's worth mentioning I myself am a product of the late Steve McMahon/Jimmy Quinn era of either free tickets for under 16s or regular kid for a quid promotions. It was shit, yet I was still hooked. The system works. 

When I was first aware of football I supported Arsenal because my dad did. Then at primary school we went to 'train' on the CG pitch and met a few of the players. At this point my brother and I declared we supported Swindon. Happily it wasn't nearly as expensive in those days so midering the old man to take us paid off, and here I am, nearly 30 years later.

This stuff really does work, if we hook a few kids for life on Saturday it will all be worthwhile.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 09:20:01 »

I believe they have got sponsorship to make up the shortfall

Makes sense. That should make up a little bit of shortfall and hopefully the club can make sure there are plenty of program sellers about to get some more of that back. Might be an idea to even have a merchandise stand near the exit too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: