Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 57746 times)
JayBox325

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #315 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:10:56 »

Ate you the Where's Wally lookalike?

Clap You got it in one! You win this: 

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #316 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:56:44 »

That is a severely shiny head in front of you.

Thank God for that, I thought it was a cyst in his armpit!
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 14:21:57 »

Just tracked back following my inebriated musings of Saturday night. So far as I'm concerned, the Yokel halfwit down the M4, Fergie jnr, this two bob bit Posh journo and the like, they can all go forth and multiply. Power and Cooper doing a top job: for starters, the blueprint they are developing seems to be the best chance we have of a sustainable future on limited means. What's more, it's bringing results and I'm struggling to think of when I've seen us play more attractively in the last few years (wild claim but maybe even as far back as the early 1990s?). Games I've seen this season, at times we've carved teams apart through the centre and down both flanks. Difficult to do away, but haven't yet seen us put it together for a full 90 mins which is great, indicates further room for improvement.

One other point, anybody who went on Saturday notice how quick our players disappeared down the tunnel at full time? They did acknowledge us but were away and gone within 60 secs of the final whistle. If this is some sort of sign of heightened focus, then great. Probably, though, more a case of the manager rounding them up to give them a bollocking for almost snatching a draw from the jaws of victory. Either way, am one happy punter up here at the moment and here's hoping we continue to prove the doubters wrong.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 14:28:11 »

Yeah, that's a shame. I'm tempted to move my ST into the Town End for the Fleetwood game. I miss it in there! And now there are no cup games for me to go in the TE...

Besides, I feel like I am out of place in Arkell's...

I don't think the guy on the left is impressed with your singing.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 15:01:41 »

I don't think the guy on the left is impressed with your singing.

That's Arkell's for you. A lot of people were unimpressed with me tbh... how dare I wave a flag and sing at every opportunity at football. I even tried to start "We are Arkells, and we never sing. We never sing, we never sing... we are Arkells, and we never sing." Which got a few chuckles.

DMR

« Reply #320 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 15:05:32 »

I even tried to start "We are Arkells, and we never sing. We never sing, we never sing... we are Arkells, and we never sing." Which got a few chuckles.

Step aside, Lee Evans.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 15:07:08 »

Step aside, Lee Evans.

He did retire a few days ago. Maybe he heard about this?

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 12:48:44 »

I didn't have the sound on as I was at the gym but on the FL72 show on Sky Sports last night they had a short focus on our team and how young it was. As I said, didn't hear what Prutton and the presenter were saying, but it was surely positive.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 13:04:02 »

I didn't have the sound on as I was at the gym but on the FL72 show on Sky Sports last night they had a short focus on our team and how young it was. As I said, didn't hear what Prutton and the presenter were saying, but it was surely positive.

Do they post clips online of that show? I don't have Sky Sports unfortunately.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 14:08:36 »

I'm not sure, we don't have sky either. Sorry.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 14:10:48 »

I'm not sure, we don't have sky either. Sorry.

Just had to google to see if they host highlights online and someone has asked "What does FL72 mean?" in a forum.

The best response is "Fictitious Lies and a number your uncle made up."  Clap

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: