Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 57271 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 11:28:46 »

We have spent though, Luongo, Byrne, Smith and Obika = 1 million. Doubt many are remotely close to spending that amount in our division
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 11:32:43 »

It seems we can't win. In the PDC era, we were slated for overspending, a fact of course that we ended up paying for.
Now when we have a great team from spending very little, that's wrong too.
Jealousy.
Fuck the lot of them.

Spot on. Fuck 'em.

Another great three points on the road- becoming almost routine at the moment getting points away from home at the moment. Very good run since that Cheltenham game. Being out of all cups could work in our favour; similar to Liverpools title challenge last season we've got a week to prepare for each game at the moment and even a weekend off before the xmas/new year pile up.

Always eventful following town, really enjoying this season- long may it continue!

Franchise v Rochdale is an interesting one on Tuesday, hoping for a draw or away win.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 11:34:44 »

We have spent though, Luongo, Byrne, Smith and Obika = 1 million. Doubt many are remotely close to spending that amount in our division
Ironically, that's far more in terms of actual transfer fees than we spent under Black's ownership*

*I realise of course that we spent/spunked up shed loads of money on wages, agent's fees and (probably) signing on fees.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 11:35:15 »

Depends how you look at it though. Louis Thompson 600k brought in helped. Also, we will make huge profit on the majority of those players.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 11:42:59 »

Depends how you look at it though. Louis Thompson 600k brought in helped. Also, we will make huge profit on the majority of those players.

And that, Mr Wray, is the difference between spending and investing.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 11:49:22 »

I thought Byrne was a free transfer signing!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 11:50:34 »

I think it was '6 figure' fee wasn't it? Clubs are so cagey about fees these days.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 12:00:04 »

I thought that, but someone on another thread found a link to say it was 2 or 300k, possibly the same type of deal as the Mass one though.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 12:05:54 »

I thought that, but someone on another thread found a link to say it was 2 or 300k, possibly the same type of deal as the Mass one though.
At the time my understanding was a free - with a sell-on clause!!  Spurs could do quite well out of us!!
Flashheart

« Reply #279 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 12:10:03 »

I'm sure we paid for Byrne.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 12:10:08 »

And that, Mr Wray, is the difference between spending and investing.

Doubt Bournemouth and Brentford see it that way.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 12:36:16 »

My understanding re Luongo and Byrne was, deal is worth x figure but we don't pay that up front. So, with Mass, if we sell him on then we have to give Spur first 400k of any deal, plus, presumably, a % of the rest.

If true it's an excellent way of us getting decent players in, however it does means we'd need to sell him for a LOT to make any decent cash for the club.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 12:37:00 »

Considering we don't own the land the ground is on and that land is protected, I'd be surprised if they aim is to make a fortune by developing. Power's strategy so far has been to concentrate on the team, so once again, this would suggest another direction.
Not saying that the motives are purely altruistic, but whatever the reason that Power is here I can't see it's to make money on the ground.
(Watch this come back and bite me on the arse).
I'm sure you're right hertha - certainly hope you are anyway! And as you say, from what we can see Power seems to have done a good job here to date (hedging my bets slightly as there may be stuff that's going on/gone on we don't know about - the dodgy stuff usually only comes out when the parties concerned have done a bunk!)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 12:37:54 »

My understanding re Luongo and Byrne was, deal is worth x figure but we don't pay that up front. So, with Mass, if we sell him on then we have to give Spur first 400k of any deal, plus, presumably, a % of the rest.

If true it's an excellent way of us getting decent players in, however it does means we'd need to sell him for a LOT to make any decent cash for the club.
Which in itself is also a good way of ensuring we get decent value if and when we do sell on rather than being tempted to cash in for (relative) buttons
adje

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 12:47:51 »

God, he is a cunt, even had a whine at Lineker over twitter. How unprofessional.

http://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/385195492914634752

Absolute bell -end,although I do agree totally with his view about Lineker

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: