Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 58154 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 22:45:04 »

Thanx
Decent write up that

Attendance: 7,182 (476 Swindon).
Despite a new stand with cheap tickets

Think it goes to show that our recent attendance woes are not reallu STFC-specific, but part of a wider problem in football.  Prices are going up & up, but disposible income for most supporters is not.  Peterborough is a similar-sized place to Swindon.  No surprise to see their gates suffering as well.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 23:52:38 »

Alan Swann
@PTAlanSwann
Chief Sports Writer at the P'boro Telegraph. Posh reporter, Posh fan, views are clearly my own, but probably shared by millions

Another embittered fucknut

Alan Swann ‏@PTAlanSwann  40m40 minutes ago
474 Swindon fans at Posh today. Pretty pathetic for a team in second and playing like Barcelona, apparently #pufc

Alan Swann @PTAlanSwann  ·  25m 25 minutes ago
Remember that excellent Hereford side in L2 that came up with Posh. Built on loans who all left that summer and they went straight back down

Alan Swann @PTAlanSwann  ·  27m 27 minutes ago
As long as @DMAC102 stays interested Posh will have a far brighter future than Swindon. Current Swindon success built on sand. #pufc
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 00:00:23 »

Alan Swann
@PTAlanSwann
Chief Sports Writer at the P'boro Telegraph. Posh reporter, Posh fan, views are clearly my own, but probably shared by millions

that guy is a mentalist
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 00:02:56 »

That will be about 300 more than they bring to ours. Alan wont be one of them as he'll be banging his blow up doll In his mums attic.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 00:38:53 »

That bloke is a right cunt, how hes head journo at their paper i don't know
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 00:53:18 »

Just seen Steve Claridge bigging  us up on the football league show,still a twat with that moustache but definitely appreciating what Coops is doing here
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 00:59:55 »

Adrian Durham was a Peterborough fan if I remember rightly. Sounds like this guys very much from the same school of 'journalism'. Best just to ignore him.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 01:18:47 »

There's passion, and there's passion......

Let's light some candles and retreat to a safe distance to observe.

Utter Kant

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 02:15:53 »

Alan Swann
@PTAlanSwann

What a grade A cunt this guy is.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 07:16:40 »

He really shouldn't talk about support,  should he 
kerry red

« Reply #250 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 07:35:00 »

And how many times have Posh yo-yo'd between the divisions - and they have had a fair bit of cash backing them.

What pisses off blokes like that from other clubs is that they can see what we've got and how we've done it on a peanuts budget.

As for the loan players, I could see some of them staying next season if we go up - whether still on loan or, maybe, even purchased.

Have we actually beaten anyone on merit this season? There seems to be some degree of jealousy knocking around.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 08:30:41 »

Bit unprofessional for a Chief Sports Writer to be making comments like that.  Twat.

I see Cotterill was moaning again on the Football League Show saying City should have won and Preston came for the draw.  Hmm, thought they won?

Steve Claridge also praising the way we play and said you won't be wasting your money if you come to watch us.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 08:33:19 »

When did local media football journos start having to be fans of the clubs they cover?  I never remember it being that way.  Exchanges between Sam Morshead and this P'boro Telegraph chap read like a tussle between fans of opposing sides.  Can't help feeling that some objectivity is going to be sacrificed.  The PNE correspondent for the local paper there makes no secret of being a PNE fan either.  In no way is this intended as a dig at Sam or Link Sport, but Andy Cryer's recent comment about Sam working for a 'fanzine' would be easier to defend if it wasn't written by fans.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 08:44:55 »

He said something to one fan about does he even know who is really backing power and the club

next tweet was 'i wonder if swindon fans have heard of colin hill'

@PTAlanSwann: @rdhudson00 Do you even know who owns your club? I mean really owns it?

@PTAlanSwann: Wonder if Swindon fans have heard of Colin Hill?

« Last Edit: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 08:48:00 by tans » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 08:52:59 »

Colin Hill is a property tycoon if that's the one he means. Probably bollocks as a quick Google on him reveals he was involved at Posh before the Irish dude days.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: