Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poor Facilities at The County Ground.  (Read 32594 times)
kerry red

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 11:18:18 »

I'd be interested in a bit more info on this Audrey, as my understanding is it's more or less impossible due to Government rules.

That's what a Posh fan stated when I asked him if McAnthony had spent the money from player sales on the new stand.

He should know, I suppose
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 11:26:55 »

That's what a Posh fan stated when I asked him if McAnthony had spent the money from player sales on the new stand.

He should know, I suppose

Fair enough, but think I'd need a bit more evidence than that    you've just got to read some of the crap that our fans post to know they're not the most reliable source.
kerry red

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 11:32:21 »

Maybe this, Reg.

http://www.theposh.com/news/article/20130801-councillors-approve-additional-investment-960160.aspx
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 11:47:28 »

Interesting....so it seems that the "community" aspect is the key....presumably the Council can justify building the skills centre which is presumably theirs, also mention of a nearby housing development, so maybe Section 106 money.

Imagine hearing such words as....

‘The agreement with Swindon Town also supports our aim of maintaining a professional footballing presence in the town and ensures that the club is able to play matches at the ground regardless of which league it sits.

Nah, nor can I.
kerry red

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 11:52:26 »

Councillors have come and gone over the years - surely some of them must have had a bit of interest in the CG as a community asset.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 11:53:02 »

Putting a roof on Stratton Bank is like putting a bow on a turd.

Dont mention SB and turds, Its probably still swimming with them after Saturday and portaloogate.
kerry red

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 11:55:47 »

I thought all the turds had gone home by now
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 11:56:30 »

Councillors have come and gone over the years - surely some of them must have had a bit of interest in the CG as a community asset. source of votes

Changed for you....like the present MP for Swindon North
kerry red

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 11:57:14 »

Another bit of info here

http://www.theposh.com/news/article/20120917-ground-redevelopment-moves-a-step-closer-371130.aspx
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 12:07:41 »

So my understanding is that the club, is buying the ground from the council, so maybe in return the council are building the educational facility, which includes the stand?

I think it's the option that Town fans would like to see....namely SBC, bung us 1.5 mill, so we can upgrade our facilities which is out of the question.
kerry red

« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 12:09:37 »

Probably spending more that on the fecking roadworks at Bruce St Bridges - better get it right this time.

Useless shaggers
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 12:59:42 »

Probably spending more that on the fecking roadworks at Bruce St Bridges - better get it right this time.

Useless shaggers

SBC have a history of not getting it right, look at what they done at the whalebridge / fleming way or the town centre
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 13:29:48 »

They couldn't even fund a link between thamesdown drive and the great western way, despite it being crystal clear that building a squillion  new homes would mean a a squillion new cars.

Admittedly that was ages ago, but every fuckwit  council has failed to address it since. The latest attempt put costs at about the same price as the Newbury bypass ffs.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 13:38:13 »

They should've funded the Thamesdown Drive extension, given the amount of cash received from developers to go toward the project.

But most of that cash got swallowed up by the clusterfuck that is Wichelstowe when the developers walked away with roads and services left incomplete.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 13:41:04 »

SBC have a history of not getting it right, look at what they done at the whalebridge / fleming way or the town centre

I like what they did at Whale Bridge / Fleming Way.  It's so much better than that God-awful roundabout, with its horrible pedestrian underpass.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: