Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whatever happened to Tijane Reis..... early Posh pre-match thoughts.  (Read 12364 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 15:54:51 »

Hmmm so not quite finished then.   Kind of highlights, how far we're falling behind, when a club with gates a little over 5,000, can manage a decent basic upgrade to a basically condemned stand.

But a chairman willing to spend money on such things.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 15:55:40 »

That penalty Tijane took against Posh is probably still in space even now
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 15:58:12 »

That penalty Tijane took against Posh is probably still in space even now

Think it reached 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko, before Rosetta.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 15:58:57 »

Think it reached 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko, before Rosetta.

Yeah, and Reis wasn't wearing a shirt with some ladies on it. Go Tijane.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 16:33:06 »

My post may be getting missed thanks to the need for page 2. But I'd be interested to hear about people's thoughts on waving STFC flags. I was the one doing it in Arkell's so I couldn't really see how it looked or if it added to the atmosphere.

But waving it felt like something different and added that little something extra. It's not as annoying as a drum, so it can't be that bad. It just felt like it made more of a point than a flag tied to a fence.

Thoughts?

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 17:12:03 »

I'd say bench them both if they both feel up to it. But Stephens in the middle seemed to work well. Maybe everyone in the City game should be rewarded with another start. Mainly Gladwin cause he had a belter.

It's a good situation to be in. Considering one second we can be under-staffed as it were, then contemplating the idea of Yas & Mass not getting in the squad.

We need to get everyone as much game time as possible because when Jan roles around they're definitely gone for a few weeks for the Asia cup, but also because one of them could be gone forever in Jan too...

Wes
Thompson, Branco, Turnbull
Byrne, Louis, Stephens, Gladwin, Toffolo
Obika, Smith

With the internationals and Willo coming off the bench.

Yeah, I saw that. Happy for him. I was more just being sour grapes about the pen that never was... Tongue
If Gladwin can, in the words of Repetitive Phil, move the ball quicker, he'll be a really good player. At the moment he seems to want an extra touch, and occasionally strolls through the match when we could do with picking up the pace. He's less than 2 years from playing for Marlow, so I'm hopeful is will come.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 17:18:10 »

If Gladwin can, in the words of Repetitive Phil, move the ball quicker, he'll be a really good player. At the moment he seems to want an extra touch, and occasionally strolls through the match when we could do with picking up the pace. He's less than 2 years from playing for Marlow, so I'm hopeful is will come.

I meant to post this after Saturday but forgot and this has reminded me.

Is Gladwin lazy? Or is it just the way he appears? He always seems to do things much slower than the rest of our team and even when he gets the ball with space in front of him, never seems to sprint. The whole team on Saturday must have come off the pitch shattered, apart from Gladwin, who looked like he could probably wear his kit again on Saturday without the need to wash it.

Am I being unfair? Is he going to be the new Le Tissier?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 18:12:31 »

From what I have seen I would say its unfair, I think its just how he appears. He has been shit in a couple of games but i never thought he didnt put a shift in. Definitely a good player on there.

Fwiw, i would leave the same starting 11 as we had on saturday, give mass and kasim a break as we don't want to over do them with them having done internationals
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 18:22:44 »

I didn't have him down as lazy. From time to time, I thought he could have switched play quicker (when in the middle) or hit a cross first time, rather than taking a touch or two which gave their centre backs the time to shape up. But all in all, he looks like he is getting better and well worth his place. I'd play him on Saturday.

I also wondered what the story is with Reeves. We've hardly seen him of late. Perhaps he's been told he can play as and when he agrees a longer contract, but until then, he's out of the shop window.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 19:46:23 »

I'd have Yaser in the starting lineup even if only flew back the evening before
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 19:57:53 »

I'd have Yaser in the starting lineup even if only flew back the evening before

It's a tricky one for Cooper....and I suppose a lot will depend on how knackered they both are on return. 
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 08:54:32 »

Hopefully at least a point- their recent results ain't been great
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 09:32:04 »

Have we just seen Stephens in his best position?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 10:24:17 »

Have we just seen Stephens in his best position?

Think it's possible, insofar as Jack doesn't seem to like muck and nettles stuff that centre halves need to do... I suppose in the modern game there is less need for the brick shithouse stopper, but there's definitely a dearth of centre halves, who can mix up the dark arts of defending and being able to play the ball.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 11:17:55 »

This. I so much want him to come good as he obviously has real ability on the ball but at the moment seems to lack the necessary incisiveness required sometimes.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: