Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: yet another car topic  (Read 23869 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #75 on: Friday, December 12, 2014, 19:14:59 »

I've driven one of those Fiestas and it was a decent drive. Shame the head restrained annoyed the fuck out of me - I reckon it was broken.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, December 12, 2014, 20:10:02 »

But its a ford...

They must be quite small inside.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, December 13, 2014, 09:45:22 »

The size is my only concern really. Might pop to the dealers this weekend and take a look at one in the flesh.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, December 13, 2014, 09:56:57 »

Was surprised how much bigger the new fiesta felt inside than the old ones used to. I reckon though that with a family the boot space may be more of a concern..
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, December 13, 2014, 10:05:21 »

The size is my only concern really. Might pop to the dealers this weekend and take a look at one in the flesh.

You'd probably be better off with a focus that a fiesta.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, December 15, 2014, 16:03:03 »

I've gone for the Focus as I got a stonking deal on a 2 year lease. I was originally looking at a Zetec, but then the broker sent me details of a Titanium with all the toys for just £8 per month more and I couldn't resist.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 20:45:53 »

I've gone for the Focus as I got a stonking deal on a 2 year lease. I was originally looking at a Zetec, but then the broker sent me details of a Titanium with all the toys for just £8 per month more and I couldn't resist.

Bump.

How is/was the Focus Ecoboost, Sam?
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 07:59:40 »

I've got the 1.6 TDCI, not the EcoBoost. It's a great car, but that's coming from a 10 year old Vectra.

Big enough to get the family in, nice to drive on the motorway with the cruise control on and good fuel economy too. The TDCI suffers with a bit of play in the gearbox so there's the occasional knock when changing gear, but the car goes back in a few months so it's not really a problem for me.

I need to start shopping around for ideas for my next car now in case the one I want ends up having a three month lead time.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 08:14:33 »

I've got the 1.6 TDCI, not the EcoBoost. It's a great car, but that's coming from a 10 year old Vectra.

Big enough to get the family in, nice to drive on the motorway with the cruise control on and good fuel economy too. The TDCI suffers with a bit of play in the gearbox so there's the occasional knock when changing gear, but the car goes back in a few months so it's not really a problem for me.

I need to start shopping around for ideas for my next car now in case the one I want ends up having a three month lead time.

Great cars/engines the ford ecoboos's
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, November 18, 2016, 07:45:18 »

Went to look at a 07 plate Civic Type R yesterday morning... p/x'd my super boring Scenic, job's a good'un!

Insurance is a joke though... in my last month of this year's policy, so it's £5 extra over the Scenic. Got a renewal quote at the same time, they're asking for £5 less per month than I've been paying for the Scenic. I don't understand why, but I'm not complaining!  Cheesy

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, November 18, 2016, 07:56:44 »

Yeah, insurance is stupid. It was more expensive to insure the wife's Zafira than the Impreza Wagon it replaced.

I've just ordered my new car to replace the Focus which goes back in January. I've gone for a Kia Niro.

It was my first main dealer experience and I have to say it was quite pleasant and hassle free.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, November 18, 2016, 08:45:29 »

Went to look at a 07 plate Civic Type R yesterday morning... p/x'd my super boring Scenic, job's a good'un!

Insurance is a joke though... in my last month of this year's policy, so it's £5 extra over the Scenic. Got a renewal quote at the same time, they're asking for £5 less per month than I've been paying for the Scenic. I don't understand why, but I'm not complaining!  Cheesy
Nice one.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #87 on: Friday, November 18, 2016, 12:06:21 »

It costs the same for me to insure both me and my wife on a 1.4 Ford Focus as it does my VW T5. The T5 is modded to fuck too.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, November 18, 2016, 12:33:27 »

I was having my Honda serviced yesterday and was given a courtesy car - which had the garage's name on it. The garage where I have had previous Hondas serviced and also where I bought my new one from. Tbh they have been the best garage I have ever used.

On the way back to work some woman wrongly thought I was in the wrong lane so honked at me and gave me the wanker gesture - now usually I'd let that go but life has been a bit shit recently so when she pulled alongside me at the next set of lights I decide to flip her the finger.  On arriving at my desk I had a phone call from the garage to let me know she had reported me - which itself is just fucking laughable. They told her that it wasn't anything to do with them but just wanted to let me know.

On picking my car up later that day the service manger came out of his office, smiled and stuck two fingers up and me and went back laughing - shortly followed, in the same manner by the salesman.  Grin

Main dealers get stick but when you find a good one it is so worth it. 

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, November 18, 2016, 16:57:48 »

Right if we're on cars, looking to get a small SUV - I believe they are reffered to as 'Crossover' vehicles.  The wife is looking at peugot 2008, renault captcha or nissan quaskai or whatever the hell its called.  Any of you lot who know about cars reckon there is much difference and one that stands out in the 'Crossover' world?

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: