Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: yet another car topic  (Read 24000 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 14:34:37 »

I drive an H-RV which I've got on really well with, tonnes of boot space too, much more than a juke or cx3. 50+ mpg from the diesel.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 15:12:20 »

Well the missus has ignored you all and is off test driving a Mitsubishi asx or something like that.  God knows.

dad has had 4 of them (company cars), never had any issues, good on fuel and is basically the same as the Peugot suv, the renault  and the qaishqai (it's a Mitsubishi base but diff engines and shell).... if you look closely they all look very similar in design Wink

Get the Diesel (1.8 i think) as the 1.6 petrol is gutless, the diesel pulls really well.

Drive another Mitsubishi (Outlander) at the moment and never had any issues with any Mitsu in the 12 years we have had them (had pretty much every car they have done in that time). We keep ours for around 9 months and if you get one of these from a dealer then they have a max of 9k miles and have been used just for the staff going to and from their offices in Cirencester, highly specced (leather, sat nav etc) and maintained properly.

Parts are expensive if things go wrong but that's only due to Mitsu not being that popular here and everything having to be imported but we have never had any issues in the 12 years we have had them, probably had 30+ cars now.

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:43:21 »

Mitsubishi's are ridiculously high for insurance. I was gonna buy a lancer a few years ago until I got quotes. No idea why but they are grouped highly in comparison to similar cars.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:53:36 »

Mitsubishi's are ridiculously high for insurance. I was gonna buy a lancer a few years ago until I got quotes. No idea why but they are grouped highly in comparison to similar cars.

I wouldn't know to be fair as ours is covered under the company but it could be down to the high cost of parts, Mitsubishi parts are hard to get hold of and can take weeks to get them as they are mostly boated in from Japan or driven in from eastern europe....

Reliablility wise they have been really good to us but if you have an accident then it's not going to be cheap to replace parts as there is very little "after market" for them unlike Ford's, Vauxhall's and other makes. Mitsubishi are a small, niche car in the UK. Mitsubishi UK are just an importer from Japan Mitsubishi and sell in the tens of thousands per year rather than the hundreds or millions of other car makes.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 09:54:13 »

With respect I don't understand why people buy cars that need a step ladder to get into.

Status symbol? Can fit a large family plus accessories? Safety i.e. most normal cars would just bounce off of these tractors? Frustrated World of Tanks players looking for some experience?

Just the way the car market is going I guess as there don't appear to be many traditional four-door family saloon cars on offer these days in terms of new models.

Oh and Qashqai drivers on the school run appear to be particularly useless.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 10:36:10 »

The interior space is really no bigger in these types of car, I don't know what the fuss about them is? Harder to squeeze in a parking space too.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 10:44:49 »

Get a Mondeo Estate. They're cavernous.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 18:14:51 »

I have a new ASX...the top range manual one. Get all the leather for that blah blah..

Does everything ok but not outstanding.

Main point is that you can get true lockable 4x4 within budget (my plld tax value set)... Try and do that in a Quasqui or a Yeti (better handling, interiors etc etc) and you are looking at paying 26K plus..

Done some light green lanes and it handled that well.

I needed an upright driving position after the Leon FR fucked my back.

The real negative is the dogshit sat nav audio system but I believe the new model has improved this point.

Clems Army!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, November 28, 2016, 10:46:52 »

My brother in law has sold his early 70s Merc V8 barge and bought himself a '91 Lancia Delta HF Turbo. One of 30ish left registered in the country, and 22 left on the road. Went for a spin in it yesterday after I took him out in my CTR, sweet Jesus that Lancia can shift! A ton of 80s-tastic lag (I still miss my old Mazda 323 Turbo!) and then the thing takes off like a fucking rocket, change gear and repeat. Weighs fuck all, so corners on rails, a proper smile-inducing car!

Talk Talk

« Reply #114 on: Monday, November 28, 2016, 11:30:53 »

Very Sweet Leggett.

LHD or rarer still, RHD?

They're fetching an absolute fortune now, do you know how much he paid for it (if you don't mind me asking)?

A truly beautiful car

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, November 28, 2016, 11:54:18 »

Not the integrale then? The HF turbo is a 1.6 isn't it?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, November 28, 2016, 12:32:11 »

Not an Integrale, TT! There's more of them around than the HF Turbo. 4D, bang on, 1.6 turbo. This one's been breathed on a little, produces 175bhp, and the suspension has been fiddled with too. Lovely little motor.

Talk Talk

« Reply #117 on: Monday, November 28, 2016, 17:44:26 »

No, I know it isn't Leggett, but that's why I was enthused  Too Cool

The "less desirable" versions - not that there is an huge amount between them - are as you say, rarer. Still a right corker and a beaut!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 09:00:13 »

oh that it is, previous owner has receipts for over £10k in the couple of years he owned it! A little ripper, makes my Type R seem sensible in comparison Cheesy

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 10:22:10 »

oh that it is, previous owner has receipts for over £10k in the couple of years he owned it! A little ripper, makes my Type R seem sensible in comparison Cheesy

I assume like all Lancia's it will also dissolve before your very eyes when it rains, the £10k spent in the last couple of years was probably purely on bodywork repairs!  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: