Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 68449 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 21:54:27 »

More than likely.  Scabby clothes, not all there mentally.

Most people must have been subjected to the Phil experiences at least once. I was trapped next to him trying to get out of the away end at Pompey a couple of seasons back, I should have known better as I saw him coming.
Ha ha, sounds very much like him. I've been caught on a couple of occasions, Crewe away under PDC springs to mind, Jonathan Tehoue missed a couple of good 2nd half chances in a 2-0 defeat hence 'that black guy should have had 4 goals' being screamed in my face about 5 times!!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 22:16:04 »

The last few posts have actually made me smile.
Every time I see that Phil away from home I avoid him. He "picks" people off before the game informing everyone who is in the team.
....but Saturday I was stuck. Looking back now the bit that made me smile is I saw 3 empty seats and was counting down the numbers with my 2 boys....and as I looked up I saw him.
Then in my mind I said,"fuck, ohh shit I'm sitting next to him.
Even my eldest was trying not to laugh.

The most used phrase, I kid you not near on 20 times, in that Broad West Country accent.
"They've gotta move the ball quicker...."
I actually felt drained by halftime, my neck was crocked as I sat sideways on avoiding, "they've gotta move the ball quicker." for the 123rd time.
I was completely done for. Headache, day ruined and never again.

Sorry it was a bad experience.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 22:19:01 »

Is he on here  Huh?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 22:31:37 »

Is he on here  Huh?
"They've gotta move the ball quicker.".......Sad
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #304 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 22:57:06 »

Whilst on the subject of random characters at the CG, does anybody ever spot the old man in the Town End, sits on his own, low down on the left hand side, white hair and will always have a drink in the legends before a game (I only tend to pop in during week games, but presume he is a regular in there) , looking like he wants someone to talk to... .always wears a dark blue coat. Must be 80-85.

Perhaps I should say hello, but then I'm frightened that he may turn out to be like Repetitive Phil and inadvertently become my new best friend.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 08:52:20 »

Whilst on the subject of random characters at the CG, does anybody ever spot the old man in the Town End, sits on his own, low down on the left hand side, white hair and will always have a drink in the legends before a game (I only tend to pop in during week games, but presume he is a regular in there) , looking like he wants someone to talk to... .always wears a dark blue coat. Must be 80-85.

Perhaps I should say hello, but then I'm frightened that he may turn out to be like Repetitive Phil and inadvertently become my new best friend.

Is he the guy with no teeth that makes absolutely no sense? Normally shouts FORRWAAARDDDDDDD??
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 09:01:51 »

With a walking stick? If it's the one I'm thinking of he spoke to me pre-match at the Oxford FA Cup game back in 2002 or whatever it was? Well, I say spoke to me. He was just repeatedly asking me "Where's number 7 Beauchamp then?" in a very aggressive tone, despite me repeatedly telling him that he'd retired. He looked about 80 back then, I'm astonished he's still alive, let alone going football with only a walking stick. Fair play to him.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 09:02:01 »

To be fair. Bullshit Phil been going to every game for well over 25 years (always on every video/documentary too). He is harmless chap tbh, just annoying if you have to sit next to him Wink

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 09:18:34 »

Is he the guy with no teeth that makes absolutely no sense? Normally shouts FORRWAAARDDDDDDD??
No, that's three quarters of the Arkells!!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 09:59:08 »

No-one can call themselves a true Swindon fan if they haven't been cornered by Motormouth Phil at some point.
kerry red

« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 11:23:36 »

Hey, that's me!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 11:57:35 »

You're my favourite <3
lambourn red

« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 12:15:13 »

No-one can call themselves a true Swindon fan if they haven't been cornered by Motormouth Phil at some point.

He latched onto me at a pre season versus hungerford a few years I started walking around the pitch and he just kept following telling me that some other team I forget who it was was getting beat " three nought"
He sits in the same row as me in the arkells but thankfully 20 seats away
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 12:40:58 »

Most people must have been subjected to the Phil experiences at least once.

Legend has it (well, my mate Dave recalls) that on the way down to Plymouth on the coach many seasons ago, he spots a needle-style monument on the top of a hill and cries out: "Look, there's a rocket ship!"

We've known him as 'Dave Lonely' for many years, and the old guy with walking stick as 'Arthur Wiseman'. Legends, along with 'Mussolini' (a bloke who, uh, looked just like Benito), and the Stonehouse 'Aliens'.

Ah, the good old days of the Travel Club...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 13:02:23 »

Legend has it (well, my mate Dave recalls) that on the way down to Plymouth on the coach many seasons ago, he spots a needle-style monument on the top of a hill and cries out: "Look, there's a rocket ship!"

We've known him as 'Dave Lonely' for many years, and the old guy with walking stick as 'Arthur Wiseman'. Legends, along with 'Mussolini' (a bloke who, uh, looked just like Benito), and the Stonehouse 'Aliens'.

Ah, the good old days of the Travel Club...

Does the fella who looks the spitting image of Rick Wakeman still do the coach to every away game?

Him and his gang were the most negative bunch of tossers ive ever encounted
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: