Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 68370 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 17:54:10 »

Why no Kasim? My connection dropped. Did MC say he can't play?

Edit: Just heard about effing FIFA>
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 17:56:59 by wheretherealredsare » Logged
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #181 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 17:59:32 »

I left after the fourth goal went in, just as I did at Macclesfield this time last year.  Will I never learn?  I'm old enough to know better FFS!

....and Nathan Thompson needs to have a long, serious talk with himself.  The Referee may well have been poor again today (most of them are) but there is no excuse for 4 red cards in so few games.  To be honest, I was surprised that Cooper risked playing him today. 

....and don't get me started about Jack Stephens!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 18:37:38 »

I left after the fourth goal went in, just as I did at Macclesfield this time last year.  Will I never learn?  I'm old enough to know better FFS!

....and Nathan Thompson needs to have a long, serious talk with himself.  The Referee may well have been poor again today (most of them are) but there is no excuse for 4 red cards in so few games.  To be honest, I was surprised that Cooper risked playing him today. 

....and don't get me started about Jack Stephens!

Terrible just terrible......what else can anyone say.
Worse still thread bare against City.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 18:39:30 »

Truely shambolic defending where we were out muscled, couldn't mark and out skilled. Stephens was worst culprit today, looked to me like his head went down which is worrying - we know how good he can be I hope he doesn't become a fan scapegoat.

I'm going to defend Thompson. He put in a challenge shoulder to shoulder to try and win the ball. Even if the ref thought it to be a foul I can't see how it was judged to be a ) deliberately and b) denying a goal scoring opportunity given he was miles away  - possibly last man but would the player have raced array clean through. Hmmm.

Anyway we were shit going forward too. Cheltenham put 9 behind the ball and our methodical passing buildup game allowed them back into position when we did break.

Ho hum
lambourn red

« Reply #184 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 18:50:50 »

Absolutely pathetic , the sending off was a joke and we should appeal even if it means he gets an extra game but having said that our defending was absolutely woeful Jack Stephens looks a shadow of the player he was last season. I left as soon as the 4th hit the back of net , the only funny moment was when they announced over the tannoy that people would be ejected for throwing objects it was fucking celery
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 18:54:17 »

What did Cooper have to say in his interview?
kerry red

« Reply #186 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 19:00:02 »

'My hovercraft is full of eels'
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #187 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 19:00:56 »

What did Cooper have to say in his interview?

This:

The Town boss said: "If I'm honest, we started very brightly in the game. We looked very composed and comfortable.

"Then, and I have to be very cafeful we what I have to say, I don't know how to describe it but it was an incredible decision to send the captain off.

"Having seen it numerous times it is an incredible decision, that puts us on the back foot.

"But when all is said and done we shouldn't concede the goals that we do even with 10 men.

"It (the decision to send Thompson off) was more comical than (anything else), I thought it was a joke at first when the red card came out, I didn't even think that it was a foul.

"It was a coming together, the lad has ran behind Nathan, Nathaan has not made any contact and it looks to me if he is running towards the corner flag.

"We have to give Cheltenham credit they battled well today, got bodies behind the ball, they got a break with the sending off and they made the most of it.

"We have to look at our own house and get that in order and we didnt have enough desire in both penalty box that was the long and short of it."
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 19:02:42 »

Should Cooper start reviewing whether Nathan Thompson is really able to play centre back, his height for headers and poor positioning are starting to cost us......I still think he is a reasonable good defender but not as centre back.......... I hope that third shirt is consigned to history like the white sunday people shirt.  The one positive today was Harry Toffolo in our defence, struggling in the rest of the team. Why Cooper persisted with Obika for so long into the 2nd half was questionable should have taken him off at half time.

ewsham Robin
kerry red

« Reply #189 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 19:04:41 »

They are appealing the red.

Does this mean he is available until the tribunal i.e. City game?

3 game ban as it stands
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 19:10:08 »

They are appealing the red.

Does this mean he is available until the tribunal i.e. City game?

3 game ban as it stands

It will be decided early next week. I'm not holding my breath for it to be overturned.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 19:31:00 »

It will be decided early next week. I'm not holding my breath for it to be overturned.

Especially on the basis he's already had 3 red cards.  It's hardly like he's got an unblemished record!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 19:32:39 »

Everyone was singing NT's praises when he returned after his last suspension saying that the defensive improvement on his return showed how much we missed him and how key he is to the way we play...  Now everyone is saying he is suspect at CB?

Yep, his red card record needs to be looked at, but why does him getting sent off today mean he has turned into a bad player defensively?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #193 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 19:52:47 »

Humiliating, embarrassing, shambolic. I thought NTs was a yellow not a red but he's still a fuckwit for doing it. Like v the gayers, he can't help himself. He's no fucking good to anyone if he's dropped. He can't be unlucky all the time. Its obvious his card has been marked. Cooper needs to sort out the disciplinary record pronto . Less moaning about wanky refs - that ain;t going to change so we need to learn.
Anyway if NT was still on the pitch we'd have got fucked over. The players simply couldn't give a fuck. we were second to every ball and won fuck all in the air. Stephens is scarily bad at the moment and today gave a performance of ineptitude similar to Wards v Wolves. Their no 9 tore us a new one today.
On a separate note their no 8 really is a cunt of the highest order taking the piss when their 4th went in.
Our dead ball delivery was total wank and even if it wasn't I dare say nobody would have given a fuck to get on the end of it. Williams and Obika were bollocks today with a toss up as to who had the worst fist touch.
I don't think I've seen much worse in 43 years supporting Town.
I took my daughter there today so it was not a cheap day. Unless its the Scummers I'm not too bad in defeat but I'm fucking angry tonight. 
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 19:54:49 »

The only good thing is there is now potentially a weekend in Blackpool to be had on 3rd round day as we will now definitely head to Fleetwood, weather permitting.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: