Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Preston North End Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41367 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 23:14:19 »

Pathetic crowd with a pathetic support end of.
Pisses me right off.
Sadly will be the reason this fantastic team is broken up......end of rant.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 23:15:27 »

Assuming that was after the game? did he say much else?
He said that he'll have to sell it crowds don't improve. I sense that we're being let down easy for a big departure.

He was very positive about the performance, and said that Sherwood, Calderwood, both Trollopes, the Don and Bodin were there and all were complementary.

He also said the City game looks like a midday kick off, but the police may compromise on a 1.30. Power frustrated as early kick offs reduce corporate sales.
lambourn red

« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 23:25:56 »

Pathetic crowd with a pathetic support end of.
Pisses me right off.
Sadly will be the reason this fantastic team is broken up......end of rant.
Sad that this talented side are not getting the backing of the Swindon public, I have a feeling we will cash in on Michael smith in January if the attendances do not pickup between now and mid January. It must be very frustrating for lee who is doing a great job but does not have a bottomless pit to fund it,we should be getting 7500 plus at the moment
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 23:26:45 »

I was a bit fearful of Preston tonight but after a good opening 10 minutes where they probably should have scored from a header, they didn't overly impress me.

It was a tight game that was likely to be settled by one goal and thankfully we got it from a deflected Gladwin cross, Williams with a powerful headed finish.

I thought luongo was excellent second half and probably would have got my vote for man of the match, nobody stood out. I thought Toffolo was good, made a couple of good defensive headers and tackles and put in some good corners. Better than Bell! I thought Turnbull played well too. I like how each of the centre backs are comfortable bringing the ball out of defence. Stephens especially, however he kept letting the ball go over his head for some reason which was irritating.

Crowd pathetic for a big game. Our fans need to stop making excuses and get back to the county ground and support this side.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 23:27:48 »

Gladwin frustrates me, he seems to be slow on the ball, or want to stop when recieving it, I think he slowed us down at times tonight. He also never wanted to put a ball in the box first time, the one time he did, we scored. There's a player in their, but fucked if I know what his best position is.
I liked the look of Toffolo, I think having Byrne back will help him too as it'll free up space on his side of the pitch.
Turnbull's best game for us in my opinion, both Thompsons outstanding too,
A good night over all, I just wish we could hit the 8000 mark, and get some kind of atmosphere going, it's silent until we score at the moment.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 23:29:46 »

Gladwin's bit of skill first half was worth the entrance fee, such a talented lad. That said their left back kept falling for the old lollipop step over that he did basically every time!!

Also I don't think kilkenny's challenge was that bad, booking probably right. Ref hardly had anything to do tonight!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 23:30:24 »

Shitty have a thread on this match on their forum, must be getting worried!

Love to smash their unbeaten run.

link please
lambourn red

« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 23:33:49 »

Gladwin's bit of skill first half was worth the entrance fee, such a talented lad. That said their left back kept falling for the old lollipop step over that he did basically every time!!

Also I don't think kilkenny's challenge was that bad, booking probably right. Ref hardly had anything to do tonight!
I thought the ref was excellent tonight really let the game flow it is really frustrating the lack of consistency the ref Saturday was supposed to be the top Football league ref and was awfull
joteddyred

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 23:35:26 »

Power very disappointed with the crowd on the radio. Personally, I think it is entirely down  to the summer McCrory effect, no push on STs and those people not coughing up matchday prices. Next year will be different, but we'll not see much improvement before then.

But will next season be any different?  I can only see crowds improving if we get promotion to the Championship.  If we don't, then we'll inevitably lose players and alot of people will continue to see us as a club with no ambition, happy to plod along in League 1.

I really don't know what the answer is.  It doesn't seem as if the 6 and 8 game packages have made much difference.  Also, there's a fair few season ticket holders round by us who are regularly missing games.

Gladwin seems to split the fanbase slightly.  I agree with Quagmire amd find him very frustrating  and too ponderous at times.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 23:36:42 »

Why won't Lluongo be playing against City?

Please keep up Jo. It has been discussed for weeks.
Utter Kant

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 23:57:53 »

Power is doing a great job. Swindon fans are not. That was the least atmospheric midweek win that I have witnessed in years. It's quite bizarre how we've had our best start to a League One season for a while, yet nobody seems to give a toss.

Fantastic win tonight and a solid defensive display after the sloppiness of Saturday. Gladwin is a Frankenstein's Monster of a footballer; a sewn together mish-mash of styles, talents and flaws that result in equal measures of quality and haplessness.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 00:04:51 by Utter Kant » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 00:14:13 »

link please

Google
Otib
Football chat
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 02:02:50 »

Ugly win.

If we cannot play the way we like, we have very little else to offer but just keep with the same gameplan....tonight that was enough and I thought we just shaded a game against a good solid organised side.

Clems Army!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 07:26:03 »

But will next season be any different?  I can only see crowds improving if we get promotion to the Championship.  If we don't, then we'll inevitably lose players and alot of people will continue to see us as a club with no ambition, happy to plod along in League 1.

I really don't know what the answer is.  It doesn't seem as if the 6 and 8 game packages have made much difference.  Also, there's a fair few season ticket holders round by us who are regularly missing games.

Gladwin seems to split the fanbase slightly.  I agree with Quagmire amd find him very frustrating  and too ponderous at times.
If people don't buy season tickets, going stops being automatic. You have to justify the cost every week. If a group stops buying season tickets together, then getting the group together for matches becomes more difficult too.

People didn't buy season tickets this year because of the ludicrous and painful High Court dispute, the prospect of Jed McCrory as chairman, and the fact that we simply didn't have time to sign players and have a push on tickets. There was zero enthusiasm at the very time that you need to have it.

Next year, I think it'll improve with a real drive on season tickets - like Fitton and Watkins' 6k target. Inevitably, some will be lost forever though.
I
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 08:05:30 »

It was good so see Coops out on the pitch tonight and walking round with the players, giving the crowd a clap - he obviously does have some passion!!  Sadly, a lack of passion could easily equate to a few missing off of the gate - people don't need too many excuses to stop coming to the CG it would seem!!  However, I do think some people are missing the point regarding the attendances.  We keep being told the country is doing well and our problems are over, once you step outside of the M25 the reality is different, many people are still struggling, sadly with a mortgage, wife and kids to support footy may well be well down the list of priorities for a guy to spend his wages on.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: