Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Preston North End Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41246 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 00:16:13 »

The Opponent:  Preston North End

How the legend of Thor began. Thor, also known as the Thunder pants, was considered to be a son of Fjorgyn (Jord) and Odin by some, but among many tribes in the poorer parts of Lancashire, Thor actually supplanted Odin as the favourite god as he enforced compulsory beard growing and the eating of Greggs sausage rolls dipped in the cheapest white cider Patel’s stocked. He is considered to be the protector of all Preston, and he wields the mighty mini hammer, his pink truncheon. His battle chariot is drawn by two giant whippets, and his violent bowel eruptions cause the lightning that flashes across the sky. Of all the deities, Thor is the most “barbarian” of the lot, hobo-like in appearance, rather smelly, boss eyed and lives by the rules laid down by his mentor, White Dee from Benefits Street. The day Thursday (Thorsdaeg) is sacred to him as it has now been his Giro day for nearly 30 years. Due to his inability to find work, the benefits agency point him in the direction of the numerous Preston Foodbanks to feed his wife Sif, daughter Thrudd and 27 stone mistress, Our Elsie, who lured Thor in with her renowned Kebab, Pigeon and Gravy Pie.

Thor was considered a good-natured, careless, simple soul, always practicing his own personal hygiene version of Ramadam, and never tired of trying his great strength, legend says that Thor once bench pressed 350kg of smack before it was distributed amongst the ‘charming’ estates of Moor Nook and Brookfield, via his Grandmother. He could shoulder giant tasks with the greatest of ease, especially with his 22” neck and he could slay bulls with his bare hands, despite having 6 fingers on one and 3 on the other. More recently, Thor proved his strength to the repressed folk of Preston by braving the great hurricane of 2014 and stupidly battled through winds that wouldn’t even blow one of his many King Size Rizla’s over. Once the Thor household managed to steal the identity of someone with a debit card (Mr A. Ademungo from Ghana in this case) they finally opened their very own Youtube account to show Thor’s powers off, but like the rest of the UK, the Prestonians worked out that Thor is simply several sandwiches short of a picnic, more of a loveable bear type creature that’s studs and leather on the exterior but more Donnay and Lonsdale on the interior. And so the Legend of Thor ends. As scary as afternoon tea at an old people’s home and as sexy as Giant Haystacks in a thong.

Last Time Out –  Jack O'Connell scored his second goal in two matches as Rochdale ended Preston's eight-match winning run. The 20-year-old defender, on loan from Blackburn, headed in Scott Tanser's  lofted free-kick before Ian Henderson doubled Dale's lead from six yards out.

Winger Mattie Done then scored his ninth goal of the season after Preston keeper Jamie Jones spilled the ball. Joe Garner missed the chance to add a consolation goal for Preston after his late penalty was saved by Conrad Logan. Victory propelled Rochdale to fourth, while defeat now leaves Preston five points adrift of leaders Brizzle.

Starting XI -  Jones, Wiseman, Clarke, Huntington, Buchanan, Welsh (Browne), Kilkenny (King), Humphrey, Gallagher, Robinson (Davies), Garner

They have served us both –  Jimmy Woodman, Billy Wareing, Ray Treacy, Billy Rose, Dick Rowley, Tommy Miller, Fola Onibuje, Jay McEveley, Harry Lowe, David Lucas, Alan McCormack, Andy Lonergan, William Kirby, John Kelly, Jimmy Kelly, Jake Jervis, Wally Holmes, George Henderson, Arthur Hetherington, Lee Holmes, Arthur Beadsworth, Frank Becton, Tom Bradshaw, Marlon Broomes, Jimmy Chalmers, Leon Clarke, Tom Devlion, Fred Fenton, Steve Finney, Freddie Fox, Simon Gibson, Tommy Green

The Odds –  Swindon 17/10  Draw 21/10  Preston 8/5

The Son Says – Are we going tonight? Probably is my reply, digging out the thermals again. 2-1 victory.

The Prediction –   Preston, like ourselves, will be looking to bounce back from a pointless weekend but I feel we will pass them out of the game, despite their best efforts to kick us off the park. 2-1 win, Obika x2, 7’210 with 688 from Lancashire.

And Finally – Preston has the highest density of traffic lights in The UK. I found this summary from a Preston local, it kind of sums it up nicely really. “The place is filled with aggrandising freaks, witless bozos, the smelly, the one eyed, and assorted pond life. If there was a part of the world that needed carpet bombing, this is it”.

COYR COYR COYR COYR
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 00:25:01 »

COYR!

Inexplicably optimistic for this one. 2-1
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 02:17:23 »

Still laughing at possibly the most entertaining matchday thread start for a long time.

Im going to plump for a 1-0 with a scrappy Obika tap in.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 07:21:29 »

Smiley

2-1
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 07:35:00 »

Taking in my first match of the season! Think we'll win it 3-2.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 08:30:51 »

No idea what to expect, except that they will rough us up. Just hope we have a decent referee!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 08:56:19 »

Draw 1-1. Might need some layers for the first time tonight!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 09:26:05 »

2 2. 1 nil up at half time courtesy Michael Smith only to concede as per usual within first 5 minutes of second half. Obika to grab another but a late PNE equaliser means they take a point back up the M6 with them. Leaving 523 Prestonians happier than the rest of the 7156 crowd

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 09:48:11 »

Expect this to be a game full of goals, so I'll say 3-2 to us with a Jack Stephens thundering header to win it! Hopefully be a few bums on seats for this and we'll break 8k, but can see 7300.

#VivaKenBarlow!
kerry red

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 11:24:43 »

Looking forward to this one.

Be in the pub by 6 so come KO I reckon we will win 5-0 after they have 2 sent off in the first half.

It's like a whores doover before the City showdown - well, it is my cup final  Starwars

Is there any way to get a bet on Nathan getting booked tonight?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 12:04:47 by Audrey » Logged
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 12:23:25 »

I am not sure why, but fully expect them to try and kick lumps off us and as said elsewhere hope we get a strong referee.

Take any sort of win tonight but not entirely confident as no doubt they will try to bounce back after the Rochdale trouncing.

Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
kerry red

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 12:24:42 »

Is that nasty old cunt Kevin Davies playing?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 12:43:20 »

1-2

Garner to do his usual collapsing to the floor under any hint of a challenge routine and win at least one pen, followed by goading of the TE.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 12:46:03 »

Gladwin tore them a new one last season. Along with Brentford and orient last season their behaviour was disgraceful. Horrible team. take any result tonight.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 14:00:49 »

Had a dream last night that I killed Wes and hid the body by plastering into my conservatory wall a la Fred West.

Not sure what that means but it can't be a good omen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: