Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise FC v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31859 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 00:16:05 »

The Opponent:   Franchise FC:

Some poetry from Milton Keynes,

Is there poetry in the parking lot?
In the grid like lines of Milton Keynes?
Behind the scenes the dead wind rustles and shakes water's sea-ward dreams
Is there poetry amid the reeking refuse and overflowing bins?
Here is a flutter of wings as the flyer burns with freedom's fire and turns upon the wind to the sound of the evening choir
'And what about you? Is it in you too? ' it sings.

Is there poetry in the harsh reflections of the glass
In the regimented streetlit boulevards?
Underground the village ghosts turn and float their frosted lips across the cars
In stars and patterns etched along each stretched out hand of every tree
And lace-like silhouettes where startled birds take off in muted moon-like light
Turning to the sun mid-flight
'And you? Is it in you too? ' they cry.

Surely they have just got an old Simon and Garfunkel song and twisted the words a bit?

Last Time Out –  Franchise 1 Sheffield United 2: League Cup: Substitute Michael Higdon scored two dramatic late goals to beat Franchise and put Sheffield United into the League Cup quarter-finals. Benik Afobe put MK in front from the spot after Craig Alcock had tripped Dele Alli. But Higdon headed in Robert Harris's cross and then slotted in at the back post to complete a remarkable turnaround.

They have served us both – Sol Davis, Gareth Edds, Jimmy Gilligan, John Gorman, Ryan Harley, Paul Heald, David Hockaday, Paul Ince, Albert Jarrett, Junior Lewis, Jon Paul McGovern, Danny Wilson, Dave Partridge, Gary Waddock, Adrian Whitbread, Sean off to a bigger club O’Hanlon, Alan Navarro, Paul Mitchell, Anthony McNamee

The Odds –  Franchise 11/10  Draw 12/5  Swindon 5/2

The Son Says – Confident of a repeat scoreline from Tuesday night, he thinks we will win 0-3, and probably will think this for every game for the rest of the season.

The Prediction –  Fantastic game of football on Tuesday night it must be said. I hate feeling confident on just the 1st day of November. 2-1 win, goals from Obika and Williams, 7’988, a travelling support of 1’120

And Finally – Bletchley Park, the site of World War II British codebreaking and Colossus, the world's first programmable electronic digital computer, is a major component of MK's modern history.

COYR COYR COYR COYR
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 00:34:12 »

We will win.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 00:43:59 »

Win

Clems Army!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 07:51:39 »

Are people boycotting the match day thread because it's Franchise or something?  Huh?

2-0 Smith, Williams
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 07:58:50 »

No kids football today so will listen in on the radio.

scrappy 1-0 win.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Only Me

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 08:03:32 »

Hopefully a 2-1 win for the Town, but I would still be a little happy with a draw.
First of a few big tests for us in November
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 08:29:16 »

If you have to go to this one, please break something to more than the value of your ticket. That is all.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
kerry red

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 09:16:50 »

This will test my theory that we are better when we play the better teams.

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet today - but when you score 3 who gives a fuck.

Byrne, Turnbull and Obika
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 09:24:25 »

Last minute decision to go to this. Direct train for me from East Croydon so would be rude not too.

Should be a good game between two good sides, I would be happy with a point.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 09:46:40 »

Tough one to call but given the Chesterfield result have to stay with the confidence that brings - clean sheets I think not, could be a cracker with Red Army scoring one more - so that`s 2-3 - bloody marvellous.

Bathtime
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 09:54:09 »

Would really like to win this one. I've said it before but Winkeleman's got a face for a fist and I'd like to see Town take that smug inane grin off his chops. I won't be going funnily enough but there may be a shout or two around the old Bristol Rovers ground today if we score / win.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 10:43:32 »

Fuck Franchise.

3-1 Town.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 11:03:46 »

Just getting ready to leave, an entertaining 2-2 I reckon, although I'd love to do em!
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 11:07:12 »

One of those odd statistics that when a team has lost their last home game a draw is often the next home result. Will take that no problem although a win would be better.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 12:14:21 »

I see a draw as well
2 each Williams brace
8210 with 1090 town
All in a 30k capacity bowl  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: