Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise FC v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31389 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 07:31:32 »

Interesting comments from Dongs 'fans' about our distain for their beloved drum here...

http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=12158
He'd be really upset on my views of the fucking brownie song they sing; "everywhere we go...".
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 08:10:47 »

Be gentle, they've only known about football a few years, they don't know what utter retards having a drum makes them look yet.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 08:30:53 »

One thing that annoyed me most about Saturday...

Why do our players keep over reacting to fouls?? Now I can sort of understand the frustration, as the ref let so many bad challenges go on Saturday (particularly Lewington who could have had about 5 yellow cards) but still, it's already hurt us this season and it will continue to do so. Stephens & Smith both went apeshit at their players after being fouled, full pushes in the chest and all. They were both lucky to get away with yellows.

As for the game, already been covered really. It could have gone either way. Ref was pretty dire, their second goal should never have happened as we'd had about 3 fouls on us before.

MK are a very good side though. We limited them well for 2/3 of the game but a few seconds of being slack cost us. Their number 10 Reeves is a very good player,  if we were to sell Luongo or Kasim for hefty fees I'd be tempted to put a cheeky bid in for him (although Kasim did turn him a number of times).

Stadium MK makes the County Ground sound like a hive of activity as well. Completely dead atmosphere.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 10:54:10 »

One thing that annoyed me most about Saturday...

Why do our players keep over reacting to fouls??
It's due to the general pussyfication of football.

Every contact foul that results in the tacklee going to ground must be reacted to by grabbing ones shin and rolling around as if you have broken your leg.

Every contact foul that does not result in the tacklee going to ground must be met with a reaction that shows the ref the tackler was trying to break his legs.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 11:05:24 »

Be gentle, they've only known about football a few years, they don't know what utter retards having a drum makes them look yet.

Their opinion on this, and indeed anything at all to do with football, is utterly irrelevant.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 12:04:11 »

Every contact foul that results in the tacklee going to ground must be reacted to by grabbing ones shin and rolling around as if you have broken your leg.

Every contact foul that does not result in the tacklee going to ground must be met with a reaction that shows the ref the tackler was trying to break his legs.

The players diving and rolling around as if they are seriously hurt is really irritating these days. Swindon are as guilty as any other team.

The Man U defender Rojo dislocated his shoulder on Sunday, which I am sure hurt like a bastard, but why did he need to be carried off on a stretcher? His legs were perfectly functional, unless dislocating your shoulder affects them somehow?

I was in an Irish bar yesterday and they showed a club Gaelic Football game from Norn Iron somewhere and it was refreshing to see the players try and kick the shit out of each other and not roll around under contact. Also, there were 2 red cards but the players just accepted the decision and went off the pitch. Great game GAA!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 13:20:19 »

This is filtering in to kids football now, and it makes me seeth.

There is a massively talented midfielder in my older son's team, who acts like a complete prima donna every time he is tackled, even if the tackle was completely fair. Last week in a friendly he told the ref that he needs protection from bad challenges.

My son is a defender and takes everything (sometimes litereally) on the chin, but will generally figure out a way to quietly and robustly get his own back later in the game.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 13:44:08 »

On the other hand, men's Sunday football, at least where I've played, is full of cloggers who identify the most skillful player on the field very quickly and then attempt to break their legs as regularly as possible. We folded our University team in the end and stopped playing Sunday League because too many of our better players were ending games in hospital, often without so much as a yellow card being shown.

I'd much rather have the diving and whinging in non-professional football where everyone has work to go to the next day, ideally under their own power.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 14:22:58 »

This comment from "Saint Don" commenting on (mostly Town End) Swindon comments on game is why every right thinking football supporter, and in fact human being ought to despise his "club"

This. If fans of deadend go-nowhere nonentity clubs, that play in crumbling piss-soaked ruins in back-end of nowhere shit-hole towns like Swindon want to spew their twisted envy and resentment at the fastest growing club in the country, playing in one of the very best stadiums in the country, in one of the most prosperous and fastest growing towns in the country, well then frankly: who cares? Let them. The more hypocritical, self-evidently self-deluded and nonsensical the bile the better/funnier in fact. Just keep the money coming into us lads as we climb up the leagues in the years ahead. We'll give you a little wave down to League 2 from the PL in 10 years' time. If we can remember you even exist by then.

No seriously: it just doesn't get any better than the usual "I hate Stadium:MK with it's excellent facilities, comfortable seats and great views of the pitch. I'm much happier at our ground that smells of faeces, crammed in behind a concrete pillar, sitting on a splintered park bench with my legs wrapped 'round my neck so I can fit, and having to piss against a brick wall wearing waders at half-time" comments, it really doesn't  Soapy Tit Wank Keep 'em coming you bitter, jealous yokel livestock botherers. Soapy Tit Wank

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 14:28:00 »

If football is not about money and comfortable seats then what is it about?!

And to be fair, they're much much closer to the PL than we are. One point closer in fact. We'll ignore Swindon's game in hand. We'll probably lose that, because our ground has a couple of pillars, and the away end is a bit tatty, and there are some farms in Wiltshire.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 3, 2014, 14:29:59 by reeves4england » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 14:35:00 »

Hmm, I would like a more comfortable seat...  Hmmm
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 14:36:26 »

I guess the plastic, prawn munching, concrete cow bothering former Londoner used to support Southampton, due to the 'Saint' in it's username? It must have supported some other club at some point, it's the way it works in that soulless dump.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 14:40:14 »

PS,  the seats can't be that comfy in the taxi they use to travel to away games.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 14:43:19 »

Not with a drum in with them for sure, perhaps we're doing them an Injustice, and its a taxi with a trailer?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 16:17:26 »

I guess the plastic, prawn munching, concrete cow bothering former Londoner used to support Southampton, due to the 'Saint' in it's username?
Maybe he's just showing off about his impeccable standards of behaviour?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: