Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise FC v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31922 times)
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 20:43:06 »

Whereas I'm pretty much in agreement with most of what I've read on here, one of my biggest frustrations is our reluctance to get the ball in the mix from set pieces.  Franchise 2nd goal was a relatively flat free kick that found its way through the melee and they scored, we, however, continue to knock our freekicks sideways or backwards to build another attack, sometimes its best to launch it into the box.

Some great saves from Wes again, although he nearly got caught out playing about today.  I feel a bit sorry for Bell, he's out of his depth in this league and today wasn't one of Smiths best.

Franchise came out 2nd half on a mission, to their credit they closed us down quickly and didn't let us settle, we lost our way a little & consequently lost the game.  They're a good side, disappointing but not the end of the world.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 21:02:41 »

We need someone like Byrne on the left, our attacks are so lob sided as there is no threat down the left most of the time. If Byrne has an off day then we don't have options on the other flank as bell isn't L1 standard imo
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 21:11:07 »

We need someone like Byrne on the left, our attacks are so lob sided as there is no threat down the left most of the time. If Byrne has an off day then we don't have options on the other flank as bell isn't L1 standard imo

Thought Toffolo looked bright when he came on, added a left sided option that has been missing for a while.  I reckon Cooper should start him on Tuesday, lets be honest he can't be as bad as Bell.
Utter Kant

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 23:55:13 »

Poor goals to concede and a very annoying defeat... Been to Stadium MK several times now, don't like it all. One pub inside the ground + it's built on a fucking retail park. Shit.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 09:12:06 »

As nothing has been said on here about Cooper, can I assume he didn't have a lot to say of any importance. Or didn't he talk to the Press.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #155 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 09:23:57 »

As nothing has been said on here about Cooper, can I assume he didn't have a lot to say of any importance. Or didn't he talk to the Press.

Here you go:

http://www.swindonlinksport.com/swindon_sports_news/cooperseeoutspells

...oh, and

http://www.swindonlinksport.com/swindon_sports_news/cooperrefsss

If yesterday's Referee was "one of his best", I wouldn't want to see one of his worst!

bathford

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 09:39:27 »

Cheers!

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 19:25:45 »

Which town players were out discreetly on the piss last night and smoking the shisha vapour? They had training today too. Tut tut
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 19:30:19 by arriba » Logged
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 19:40:53 »

And no one on this site has ever gone in hungover to work regardless of what they earn .And Roy Keane and tony Adams premier league winners medals should be taken away too ?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 21:24:50 »

Young lads in their early 20's going out on the piss on a Saturday night.
Burn them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 21:52:27 »

Well, we do have a game Tuesday, so probably not that great for them.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 22:33:56 »

And no one on this site has ever gone in hungover to work regardless of what they earn .And Roy Keane and tony Adams premier league winners medals should be taken away too ?

As far as I am aware, nobody on this site is a professional athlete.

Things get better but they never get good
REDBUCK

« Reply #162 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 23:03:13 »

So any actual evidence or facts or names.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 00:30:50 »

So any actual evidence
No
So any actual facts
Some bloke posted some stuff on an internet forum
So any actual names.
arriba. But that's probably not his real name. Unless he's a mis-spelled insurance company. But that wasn't what you meant. You meant of the players allegedly involved in the alleged thing that may or may not be a thing. No. Not yet. And probably not at all. Not unless the mis-spelled insurance company chooses to dish.

None of which means that he's not right of course ...
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 03:27:34 »

Just got back , a great start and really should have gone 2 up but they were a decent side . Bell had a shocker and Byrne was not up to his normal standard, kasim and Luongo were very good again but we just did not click up front today. The ground is ridiculously to big for them and it just feels soulless and drums should be fucking banned from football grounds

Interesting comments from Dongs 'fans' about our distain for their beloved drum here...

http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=12158
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: