Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chesterfield v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35086 times)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 23:03:54 »

Yaser's def didn't deflect. I cant work out how he did it though, he must have been putting some hours in to create something that different.
Toe poke.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 23:05:53 »

My toe pokes used to go 20 yards over, maybe he's perfected a lost art.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #152 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 07:40:27 »

Same technique Christiano Ronaldo uses.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 08:16:23 »

Toe poke.

Bale does it as well. You aim the valve to where you want the ball to go, hit the ball on the valve with a flat foot. It's fucking hard to do but if you get it right....
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 08:18:48 »

Looking at that and from what I've read, Byrne is on fire.

I'd rather this seasons Byrne than Pritchard.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 09:55:27 by Tails » Logged
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 09:37:31 »

I'd rather this seasons Byrne higher than Pritchard.

this
DMR

« Reply #156 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 09:47:59 »

Yaser's def didn't deflect. I cant work out how he did it though, he must have been putting some hours in to create something that different.

Admire the optimism but I think you are trying to overcomplicate "shit goalkeeping"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 10:35:20 »

If you can/are interested, check out the way Peterborough's Marcus Maddison takes his free kicks. He scored free kicks at home to Barnsley and Oldham that looked to be inch perfect and his goal away at Cov last weekend looked to go straight to the keeper, however he seemed to dive past it. Pretty sure he has some technique which causes the ball to move stupidly in the air. Presume Yas did something similar.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 10:37:49 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 11:01:09 »

If you can/are interested, check out the way Peterborough's Marcus Maddison takes his free kicks. He scored free kicks at home to Barnsley and Oldham that looked to be inch perfect and his goal away at Cov last weekend looked to go straight to the keeper, however he seemed to dive past it. Pretty sure he has some technique which causes the ball to move stupidly in the air. Presume Yas did something similar.

Cristiano Ronaldo, has shown that it is possible to get a modern ball to wobble about, like a Shane Warne zooter.  I'd like a bit more evidence though before being convinced the Mesopotamian Pirlo, is on to something.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 11:05:03 »

Cristiano Ronaldo, has shown that it is possible to get a modern ball to wobble about, like a Shane Warne zooter.  I'd like a bit more evidence though before being convinced the Mesopotamian Pirlo, is on to something.

Against Rochdale he was taking corners with his left foot, so it does look like Yaser has been putting in the hours on set-pieces.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 11:07:38 »

The Mesopotamians were a clever people. I prefer Babylonian Pirlo though. Bit more precise geographically.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 11:10:01 »

Where does Yaser Kasim keep his CDs?

In Iraq.

Don't worry, my coat is already on.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 11:27:04 »

The Mesopotamians were a clever people. I prefer Babylonian Pirlo though. Bit more precise geographically.

I could live with it...but would worry that Babylon is nowadays a bit tarnished by Marleyesque rasta association, with corruption and decadence.

dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 11:30:43 »

Where does Yaser Kasim keep his CDs?

In Iraq.

Don't worry, my coat is already on.

Asked by his father whether or not he'd win player of the tournament for Iraq at the Asia Cup...

Yaser replied, "it's in the Bag-Dad"

I will also get my coat!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 11:38:31 »

Admire the optimism but I think you are trying to overcomplicate "shit goalkeeping"

Is that in the section next to shit wumming, Dave?   Wink
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: