Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chesterfield v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35534 times)
kerry red

« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 22:12:09 »

371 is a decent turnout midweek

I'd advocate Nath picking up a booking Saturday so missing the Num cup tie.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 22:18:43 »

Oh great. I turn up to see us fuck up two winnable home games for the kids' STFC initiation, and as soon as I turn my back we're storming the division again. Typical bloody Swindon.  Angry

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
swindonremo

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 22:23:35 »

This result show that N Thompson is obviously the key to our team. One of our best defence display this season apparently.

COYR
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 22:27:48 »

Cooper happier with the nil moreso than the three and at end of his interview thanked the fans for travelling in numbers and for their support.
Nice touch

Fucking hell....at this rate I'm might start liking his personality!

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 22:30:37 »

We'll need Nathan Thompson available for Bristol City so he had better behave over the next week.

It's a shame that Cooper didn't manage to find a solution to NT's absence, because as sure as eggs are eggs he'll get a yellow soon...Kasim is only one away also, so we don't want that happen in the same game...although I suppose if Yasir is suspended and then goes off to play for Iraq, it would carry over and miss NT's.  Either way, it doesn't help.

On to Dongs on Sat then...going to be an interesting one this, as they'll be trying to play a sexy game also, 5-5 draw then.
pnethor

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 22:34:45 »

Not wishing to drop a fly into your ointment here chaps but may i draw your attention to the huge five point chasm between yourselves and the two really really good teams in the auto places.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 22:37:01 »

Yay he's back.  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 22:38:34 »

Not wishing to drop a fly into your ointment here chaps but may i draw your attention to the huge five point chasm between yourselves and the two really really good teams in the auto places.

Smiley  I thought it was Dongs before PNE, or is Thor getting prematurely excited?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 22:40:28 »

Make sure you have non staining shreddies on when you see our midfield Wink
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 22:41:42 »

371 is a decent turnout midweek

I'd advocate Nath picking up a booking Saturday so missing the Num cup tie.

I'd go further, that's a fucking great turn out from the guys who went.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 22:47:06 »

I'd go further, that's a fucking great turn out from the guys who went.

Less so from the ones who didn't.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 22:57:52 »

I don't understand what you are saying
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 23:11:05 »

Can anyone think of another player who has developed as much as Byrne has over the course of one summer? He's been superb this season.

its only this season they've really played him consistently in his proper position.

imagine what was wasted last season in having him left back  Roll Eyes
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 23:12:48 »

its only this season they've really played him consistently in his proper position.

imagine what was wasted last season in having him left back  Roll Eyes

He was good going forward at LB, and don't forget he's a wingback now, not a right back. I think we'll really struggle to keep him in Jan.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 23:26:58 »

Great evening watching the Reds on the road. We started a little tentatively then Yass and Mass got going, Byrne too. Fods made a good save halfway through the 1st half and that seemed to be a turning point. Game seesawed a bit in the first half, two sides who wanted to play attacking football. Anyway great goal by Byrne to put us 2-0 up. Twat commentator on Peak FM after the game - said we took our sole chance in the 2nd half. Must have had his eye shut and missed the other six or seven chances we created. Obika's header hit the post from about 2ft out, really we were much the better side in the 2nd half though. Thought Nathan T had a great game as well, Turnball and Stephens looked solid enough at the back and clean sheet a bonus going into the next few games. A mention for Smith, went close on a couple of occasions with difficult chances, not his night but he kept on working. Good to bump into the Duke of Banbury at half time as well.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: