Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chesterfield v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35280 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:16:26 »

I'm not going to say that I didn't enjoy the PDC/Wray season of spunking money up the wall, but to achieve the same on a sensible budget would mean so much more.

Sad that Cooper won't get much recognition for it. Certainly less than Eddie "hasn't he done well Steve?" Howe/PDC/Ferguson and other managers who have spent big to get results in the past.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:34:13 »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28993015

The 'updated' table here is just idiotic

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:34:45 »

whereas we should just about break even.

We're currently not operating at a loss, that much has been made clear by Power, and is fantastic considering what has been going on over the past 12 months. We should (should!) make a profit this year if things keep on as they are barring any kind of disaster, which frankly will be very impressive indeed.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:39:40 »

We're currently not operating at a loss, that much has been made clear by Power, and is fantastic considering what has been going on over the past 12 months. We should (should!) make a profit this year if things keep on as they are barring any kind of disaster, which frankly will be very impressive indeed.

It's probably worth waiting until we see some accounts, before getting too excited.  When I say just about break even, I mean a loss of maybe < half a mill.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:42:04 »

371 is a fantastic away support for Chesterfield away on a Tuesday night - well done to all those that went! Having traveled back from Sunderland on Monday afternoon I know how shit the M1 currently is with 50mph from Derby up to the Sheffield area.

Should take over 1k to MK Franchi$e Saturday?

Good turn-out from Chesterfield aswell (6100) for a Tuesday night. I always had them down as a 3k fans sort of team, good on them.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:53:18 »

Good turn-out from Chesterfield aswell (6100) for a Tuesday night. I always had them down as a 3k fans sort of team, good on them.

Chesterfield have always pretty decent support, certainly not too dissimilar to our recentish numbers, plus of late they've had a new ground bounce, so this season, they're averaging a tad higher than us.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:53:51 »

They get bigger crowds than we do.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 11:12:02 »

They get bigger crowds than we do.

Generally,  they don't.

Promotion factor, lots of local games this season and our crowds down on previous years.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 11:20:16 »

I noticed they were advertising a half season ticket but £255-£300 seems a bit pricey.
kerry red

« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 11:32:35 »

Odd that we didn't have a single corner last night
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 11:33:37 »

Generally,  they don't.

Promotion factor, lots of local games this season and our crowds down on previous years.

As I said before, in recent years their crowds have been more or less comparable to ours. When taking into account the place is half the size, what it shows, is that our fanbase is to some extent based on the "traditional" Swindon of the Works, a bit of London overspill, and the out of towners. The more recent agglomeration of say the last 20 years, seemingly contribute very little, unless a trip to Wembley etc.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 12:04:32 »

Highlights. Keeper has had a mare for the first one it looks and Obika's miss is awful.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 12:07:36 »

As I said before, in recent years their crowds have been more or less comparable to ours. When taking into account the place is half the size, what it shows, is that our fanbase is to some extent based on the "traditional" Swindon of the Works, a bit of London overspill, and the out of towners. The more recent agglomeration of say the last 20 years, seemingly contribute very little, unless a trip to Wembley etc.

Look beyond the last four years Reg, it's around the 3-4k mark. Don't they have a new ground too?
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 12:08:45 »

I thought at the time that it must have taken a deflection but I can't see one on the video.  
turbotubbs

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 12:28:08 »

That miss of Obika's is truly awful - more so when you contrast William's finish for the third. The camera angle is a bit low - but he's not even that far wide! No
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: