Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chesterfield v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35078 times)
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 23:30:29 »

Well,that was a fantastic game if you were a Swindon fan.Obika missed two chances that he would normally gobble up,Williams and Smith had good chances and 7or8 goals wouldn't have flattered us.So impressed with Smiths work ethic and Byrne,Yasser,Loungo and Louis were irrepressible and cut through Chesterfield at well. Nathan was my mom with the only weak link being Bell although I'm sure there's a footballer there somewhere.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 23:43:05 »

Fantastic game with 2 teams going at each other.
Our attack tonight was immense with spaces created.
Mom was Masimo for me with the whole team a close second.
Wonderful game and many teams will come unstuck at Chesterfield, no mugs.
Well done Swindon.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 00:08:38 »

Fucking superb result tonight. Missed kick off thanks to a blow out early on the M40 and it taking the "rescue" 3 hours to change the bloody thing. Had to watch us beer free (until half time anyway) for the first time in ages. Didn't look too promising at the start but we soon slipped into gear and were a joy to watch. Decent turnout and good noise from our fans and we don't need a drum either.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 00:31:06 »

Nah sorry, that's unbelievable. No way you lot never had a stash somewhere.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 00:35:44 »

Nah sorry, that's unbelievable. No way you lot never had a stash somewhere.

Haha. We did get towed to Beaconsfield which has the only pub in a service station in the country I believe. Not too bad for most but I was driving the fucking thing up there so was unable to partake. Funnily enough we've just gone past the scene of the crime on the way back. Why the hell they don't have spare tyres in these things anymore I will never know.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 00:37:31 by Paolo69 » Logged
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 01:27:04 »

Agree with the reports above by other attendees.  They were all over us like the proverbial cheap suit at the start but we then settled down and had the better of most of it.  We could and should have scored more goals.  Obika missed two sitters, Williams could have had a second and Reeves also had a good chance at the end.  The defence looked much more secure with Nathan in there and the midfield was stronger as a consequence.  Thought Smith struggled a bit today.  His first touch was like it was last season!

A decent turnout by Town fans (371), including a few northern types supporting the Town.  There was even a couple who live in Exeter, who drove to Gloucester and picked up the supporters' coach from there!  Fair play to them.

All in all, a worthwhile trip for me and another ground ticked off. 
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 02:27:24 »

including a few northern types supporting the Town.  There was even a couple who live in Exeter, who drove to Gloucester and picked up the supporters' coach from there!  Fair play to them.

And what exactly is that supposed to mean ? Some of us had to move up North to escape the influx of Londoners into Swindon. Oh....and Vic Morgan lives near Exeter. Nowt wrong with that. You silly owd southern softy get !
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 02:41:33 by Hammer » Logged
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 07:41:18 »

Agree with the reports above by other attendees.  They were all over us like the proverbial cheap suit at the start but we then settled down and had the better of most of it.  We could and should have scored more goals.  Obika missed two sitters, Williams could have had a second and Reeves also had a good chance at the end.  The defence looked much more secure with Nathan in there and the midfield was stronger as a consequence.  Thought Smith struggled a bit today.  His first touch was like it was last season!

A decent turnout by Town fans (371), including a few northern types supporting the Town.  There was even a couple who live in Exeter, who drove to Gloucester and picked up the supporters' coach from there!  Fair play to them.

All in all, a worthwhile trip for me and another ground ticked off. 

And what exactly is that supposed to mean ? Some of us had to move up North to escape the influx of Londoners into Swindon. Oh....and Vic Morgan lives near Exeter. Nowt wrong with that. You silly owd southern softy get !

No offence intended!  It was great to see them there. I know from previous trips to games 'oop north' that quite a few Swindon exiles look forward to attending these games.  I remember having a long pre-match chat to a guy at Morecombe a couple of years ago who had moved to Cumbria many years previously.  Actually, a couple of us apologised to some who were sitting nearby last night when some Town fans chanted "You dirty northern bastards" at one point.   Smiley   

It was probably Vic and his wife who picked up the coach at Gloucester, then.  I didn't say there was anything wrong with it.  Quite the opposite, in fact!

You can relax and go tend your pigeons now.     Grin
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 08:19:11 »

No offence intended!  It was great to see them there. I know from previous trips to games 'oop north' that quite a few Swindon exiles look forward to attending these games.  I remember having a long pre-match chat to a guy at Morecombe a couple of years ago who had moved to Cumbria many years previously.  Actually, a couple of us apologised to some who were sitting nearby last night when some Town fans chanted "You dirty northern bastards" at one point.   Smiley  

It was probably Vic and his wife who picked up the coach at Gloucester, then.  I didn't say there was anything wrong with it.  Quite the opposite, in fact!

You can relax and go tend your pigeons now.     Grin

Ignore the dirty northern bastard.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 09:11:17 »

Always have a little read what other teams and found some good comments and a thread on the Spirites forum.

poor poor tactical analysis from the management but fair play to Swindon who were a superb better side than us

We were outclassed by a good team

But fair play to Swindon, a good side and comprehensively beaten.

Apart from a bright opening ten minutes , we were beaten by a far better team.

Let's not play down what was a very very good Swindon team performance. They were superior to us in every department tonight and for me were the best side I've seen up here this season.

Still, a great game to watch. Credit to Swindon, though - there are worse ways to play away from home and get a result.

Swindon will be at least top six and have a good chance of automatic.

We played 3 cms and they absolutely destroyed us through the middle. Cut us apart like they werent even there. They should have won by more, they were incredibly comfortable

A whole thread on it here too...

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=32c746a4ce535edab5ab51e4db4986e6&showtopic=52217

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kerry red

« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 09:22:42 »

Everybody has missed the most important aspect of this fantastic win . . .

Achieved without a proper matchday thread opening post

and I bet there was no stew in sight at Chez FH!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 09:25:51 »

Reading through the chesterfield forum and seen a few say that to get the quality we have you need a large budget. Dont we have the 6/7th smallest budget on L1?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 09:48:37 »

Reading through the chesterfield forum and seen a few say that to get the quality we have you need a large budget. Dont we have the 6/7th smallest budget on L1?

£1.8m isn't it? Probably middle of the road as far as budgets go for this division. Franchise is £3m for instance.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:02:40 »

371 is a fantastic away support for Chesterfield away on a Tuesday night - well done to all those that went! Having traveled back from Sunderland on Monday afternoon I know how shit the M1 currently is with 50mph from Derby up to the Sheffield area.

Should take over 1k to MK Franchi$e Saturday?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:16:56 by TheMajorSTFC » Logged

#VivaKenBarlow!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:13:06 »

£1.8m isn't it? Probably middle of the road as far as budgets go for this division. Franchise is £3m for instance.

Our budget is smaller than Oxford's in Div 4....their new owners have chucked money at it, so they've a massive squad of big name players, a big name manager and a shed load of back room staff. The owner admits they'll lose £2 mill this season....whereas we should just about break even.

The chucking money at it route is OK, if you can trust the owner....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: