Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mo Dons franchise cunts  (Read 7940 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 23:16:30 »

There's been a few pieces by the mainstream press over the last few years (I can think of BBC and FourFourTwo) who have done 'is it okay to like MKD yet?' articles plus the occasional love they get when the pull of a cup upset.

Do principles have a sell-by date? As long as they exist, they need to be treated as the disease that they are. The moment we stop reviling them is the moment grass-roots football accepts their model of ownership. I still can't compute how anyone can have so little self-respect as to be seen to associate with their revolting brand.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 03:14:45 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 09:27:35 »

Do principles have a sell-by date? As long as they exist, they need to be treated as the disease that they are. The moment we stop reviling them is the moment grass-roots football accepts their model of ownership. I still can't compute how anyone can have so little self-respect as to be seen to associate with their revolting brand.

Spot on.  Franchise FC: English football's shame.  Never forget.  Franchise customers were in receipt of stolen goods back in 2002 and they still are today.  Passage of time will never change that.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 09:29:34 by Ardiles » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 00:24:39 »

Exactly this, and what Ardiles said. Passage of time doesn't make a wrong any more right.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 08:33:19 »

The montage of their 'history' before the game was cringeworthy. I actually felt angry watching it. Everything about them irritates me. The boring fans who ironically cheer the ref EVERY time they get a decision, the dull drum, the big plastic stadium (which they built a concourse so you can watch the game while getting a drink, but then put sheets over it so you cant fucking see anything), the sky sports introduction they give all of their players and their greasy cunt of a chairman.

It's just a shame that they are actually a pretty decent side.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 10:24:27 »

the big plastic stadium (which they built a concourse so you can watch the game while getting a drink, but then put sheets over it so you cant fucking see anything)

Thats cos us football fans are not deemed safe enough to drink AND watch a game.
No doubt that sheet is removed for other sports  Bad Mood
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 10:32:50 »

At my local non league club, Dulwich Hamlet, you can drink where ever you want for League games, as the rules are made by the Isthmian rather than the FA/ Football league.

However on Saturday, because it was an FA Vase game, and therefore under FA rules, we were told by the stewards we couldn't take booze out of the bar as they had to follow FA rules. Yet, you could stay in the bar, with it's huge window that runs the length of the pitch and watch from there with your pint.

This confused me, because I always thought the FA rule was 'No drink in sight of the pitch', hence the sheet at Franchise?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 11:33:03 »

At my local non league club, Dulwich Hamlet, you can drink where ever you want for League games, as the rules are made by the Isthmian rather than the FA/ Football league.

However on Saturday, because it was an FA Vase game, and therefore under FA rules, we were told by the stewards we couldn't take booze out of the bar as they had to follow FA rules. Yet, you could stay in the bar, with it's huge window that runs the length of the pitch and watch from there with your pint.

This confused me, because I always thought the FA rule was 'No drink in sight of the pitch', hence the sheet at Franchise?

Dulwich Hamlet....now there's a good name, back to the 50's and early 60's when the Amateur Cup Final was a big thing with massive crowds at Wembley.  From the start in English football, there had been a schism between Professionalism and Amateurism
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 3, 2014, 11:46:54 »

Dulwich Hamlet....now there's a good name, back to the 50's and early 60's when the Amateur Cup Final was a big thing with massive crowds at Wembley.  From the start in English football, there had been a schism between Professionalism and Amateurism

They used to get 20,000 odd in the 50s. Now, that ground is a Sainsbury's and they occupy a much smaller stadium next door. On the up though, getting over a 1000 most home games in the 7th tier which is pretty impressive .

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/football-revolution-as-disillusioned-fans-head-for-the-nonleague-9810932.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: