Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Stats & Trivia  (Read 13031 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 21:17:07 »

I was born on 8th June.  I don't think we've ever won on that day.

Hope you have a great day, pal...and three points to boot.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 22:44:54 »

As if potentially going top next Saturday was not enough to get excited about, it's also my birthday.  So, of course, I had to look up our record on November 29th to get an idea of how we might get on.

Incredibly, in the 25 seasons I have been a supporter, this game will be only the 4th occasion that we have had a league game on that day.  And we have yet to win.

On this Day: November 29th

The 3-3 draw vs Peterborough in 1992 was televised.  I watched it at college as the resident Swindon fan and embarrassed myself in front of everyone when Nicky Hammond ballsed up his call for one of their goals. I know a lot on here remember it.

The 2-0 defeat up at Hartlepool in 2003 was a game I was at.  One of the coldest I can remember.  Ever.  It was a London Reds away weekend...and the night out in Newcastle afterwards almost made up for it.  I met Bob's Orange that day who had driven down from Edinburgh.

The other game was a 2-1 defeat away at Walsall in 2008, which I have no memory of.

So we can make a little history next week and chalk up our first November 29th league win since 1986 - 2-0 at home to Carlisle, since you ask.  Fingers crossed for something along the lines of the result we recorded 90 years to the day beforehand - a 5-0 home win vs Northampton.

[All credit, as ever, due to the magnificent www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk.]
It wasn't just 'one of their goals', it was their equalizing goal and totally ruined what would have been an utterly epic away day.If only I could forget it. I will never, ever forgive Hammond for that.*

*I realise that probably makes me small minded and petty but....meh....whatever....
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 00:06:28 »

What's our consecutive scoring streak? Unless I've missed one I don't think we've not scored in the league since Crawley which was 16 games ago.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 00:09:58 »

What's our consecutive scoring streak? Unless I've missed one I don't think we've not scored in the league since Crawley which was 16 games ago.
Code:
NO. DATES                                     CONSECUTIVE MATCHES SCORED IN 
 1 December 28, 2003 to April 24, 2004     21 
 2 March 25, 1986 to September 27, 1986     18 
 3 August 23, 2008 to December 6, 2008     17 
 4 May 3, 1995 to October 28, 1995             16 
 5 August 19, 2014 to November 22, 2014     16
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 00:25:35 »

Fuck me, I got something right Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 12:43:05 »

Fuck me, I got something right Smiley
Yeah but you've jinxed it now. Well done. 0-1 loss to Fleetwood next week then and all your fault!
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, January 1, 2015, 10:24:50 »

The stats for 2014 are in:

http://the72.co.uk/20896/2014-the-football-league-in-stats/

...and someone's idea of the L1 Team of the Year:

http://the72.co.uk/20895/league-one-team-of-the-year-2014/

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, January 1, 2015, 10:29:43 »

Defence: Nathan Byrne – Swindon Town

He may be a defender on paper, but it is Byrne’s attacking traits which have really caught the eye this season. It is rare in a full-back to have both lightning speed, and quality. Usually a compromise has to be reached between the footballing gods and only one is chosen. But there is no doubting either trait when it comes to the Swindon Town man.

His rapid feet have been a burden to his fellow defenders all season, and his quality on the ball is clear to see. The 22-year-old has racked up nine assists this season, making him not only City’s top provider, but the League’s. He can finish as well, contributing three goals so far this season.

Uh, city's top provider?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, January 1, 2015, 10:31:50 »

The Iraqi midfielder has played a pivotal role in Swindon Town’s surge up the table this campaign. His quick feet and ability to keep the ball under pressure means he can bring others into play with ease. Mark Cooper has brought a style of sexy football to the club, and Kasim is the metronome at the heart of it.

IF there is one action to sum up just how well his season has gone so far, it would be his outrageous double nutmeg versus Port Vale, and a stunning finish in the same game.

I don't remember this happening?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, January 1, 2015, 10:34:23 »

The Iraqi midfielder has played a pivotal role in Swindon Town’s surge up the table this campaign. His quick feet and ability to keep the ball under pressure means he can bring others into play with ease. Mark Cooper has brought a style of sexy football to the club, and Kasim is the metronome at the heart of it.

The first bit is accurate, however:

IF there is one action to sum up just how well his season has gone so far, it would be his outrageous double nutmeg versus Port Vale, and a stunning finish in the same game.

The double nutmeg was against Sheffield United and he didn't score in that game or against Port Vale.

Still, nice to have two players in the first eleven.

BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, January 1, 2015, 10:36:29 »

Uh, city's top provider?

They also credited Rovers with City's fewest games lost.

Fewest games lost – Bristol Rovers and Preston North End

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: