Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Stats & Trivia  (Read 13079 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 13:32:14 »

Nowhere else to put this, so I'll start a new thread.

I found myself wondering this morning: what is the lowest scoreline that the club has never recorded in a competitive fixture?

I have no idea.  Anyone?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 14:46:01 »

I don't even understand the question!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 15:23:21 »

Probably 0?

I suspect I have misinterpreted the question....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 15:23:57 »

I don't even understand the question!
Sorry I don't either.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 15:29:47 »

I understand.

We HAVE recorded 0-0, for example, so that doesn't count. As do 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2 and so on. So what is the lowest scoreline that we have not recorded?
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 15:31:37 »

But then... different combinations of scores can give the sames number of goals scored. So I;m not sure what is meant by lowest scoreline!
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 15:33:07 »

Sounds like we need 4D to solve this one
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 16:00:01 »

Or wait for Ardiles to sober up.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 16:19:03 »

Nowhere else to put this, so I'll start a new thread.

I found myself wondering this morning: what is the lowest scoreline that the club has never recorded in a competitive fixture?

I have no idea.  Anyone?

I'm not wholly convinced we've ever had a 5-5 draw...

If it's our score you mean then we've had everything up to 10.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 16:43:00 »

Or wait for Ardiles to sober up.

Stop it.   Wink

Flash gets it.  Come on fellas.  Football trivia.  Swindon trivia!  It's brilliant!  Indulge me, please.

I'll reiterate for the hard of understanding.  What is the most likely football score that we've never had?  (This is one of many such questions I'll ask myself on a Saturday morning.)  Scores like 1-0, 2-1 and (sadly, today) 2-2 are commonplace.  We all know we've had many of these.  Less often, we'll get a 3-3 or a 5-0, but we've all seen these too.  We've had a 6-4 (missed that one) and a 7-1 (my stag weekend) in the last 20 or so years.  So what is the lowest score we have never had?  Have we ever had a 5-4?  If we have, what about a 6-5?  THere is an answer there somewhere, and I hope someone out there (other than Richard Banyard or Reg) is smart enough to know the answer.

Plenty more questions where this one came from.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 16:49:14 »

Stop it.   Wink

Flash gets it.  Come on fellas.  Football trivia.  Swindon trivia!  It's brilliant!  Indulge me, please.

I'll reiterate for the hard of understanding.  What is the most likely football score that we've never had?  (This is one of many such questions I'll ask myself on a Saturday morning.)  Scores like 1-0, 2-1 and (sadly, today) 2-2 are commonplace.  We all know we've had many of these.  Less often, we'll get a 3-3 or a 5-0, but we've all seen these too.  We've had a 6-4 (missed that one) and a 7-1 (my stag weekend) in the last 20 or so years.  So what is the lowest score we have never had?  Have we ever had a 5-4?  If we have, what about a 6-5?  THere is an answer there somewhere, and I hope someone out there (other than Richard Banyard or Reg) is smart enough to know the answer.

Plenty more questions where this one came from.

We had 5-4 a few years back v Posh. (Well 4-5) Does it have to be 5-4 to us?   Pretty sure 5-5 is your answer.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 16:54:31 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 16:53:24 »

I did see a 5-5 once, but it was Oxford vs Pompey with a Pompey supporting mate (early 1990s).  Pompey were 5-3 up with 1 minute to go, and Oxford scored just before the whistle, kicked off and scored again.

Could be the answer though.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 18:58:00 »

Sounds like we need 4D to solve this one

It's 5-5  Wink
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 19:21:59 »

You lot are rubbish.  I was raking leaves up this morning and contemplating various STFC related conundrums and expecting to have a complete Swindon geek/stat-fest on here later.

I'm going to keep posting questions up on here just to irritate the tits off you.  You'll bite eventually.

One hundred years ago yesterday we got stuffed 3-0 away to Cardiff away, by the way.  Only to redeem ourselves a week later with a 4-0 home win vs Exeter.  (Reg will corroborate.)  One of the scorers that day was Billy Tout, signed by the legendary Sam Allen in 1905.  His career at the Club extended for an impressive 15 years (ie to just the other side of the Great War).  His final games were played early on in the 1920-21 season, our historical & inaugural season in the Football League.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 19:31:11 »

You lot are rubbish.  I was raking leaves up this morning and contemplating various STFC related conundrums and expecting to have a complete Swindon geek/stat-fest on here later.

I'm going to keep posting questions up on here just to irritate the tits off you.  You'll bite eventually.

One hundred years ago yesterday we got stuffed 3-0 away to Cardiff away, by the way.  Only to redeem ourselves a week later with a 4-0 home win vs Exeter.  (Reg will corroborate.)  One of the scorers that day was Billy Tout, signed by the legendary Sam Allen in 1905.  His career at the Club extended for an impressive 15 years (ie to just the other side of the Great War).  His final games were played early on in the 1920-21 season, our historical & inaugural season in the Football League.

But where's the question?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: