Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Colchester United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20585 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 12:17:40 »

It does look like Bell played the airshot bloke on side, although he definitely touched it with his arse. Considering they should have had a penalty towards the end as well, we're probably a bit fortunate after all...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 12:29:23 »

Bell's a bit like The Emperor's New Clothes for me; some people see something in him, but I'm fucked if I can.

It's All Good..............
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 12:31:16 »

He has literally no idea what he is doing at any given time. I think that sometimes works to his advantage because the opposition are as confused as everyone else.
REDBUCK

« Reply #123 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 12:58:07 »

Trouble was yesterday that Reeves  didn't know Bell was doing which meant they never really got anything going.  In contrast to Mass and Byrne which means we tend to prefer to use that right side and then become predictable.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 12:58:19 »

Bell's a bit like The Emperor's New Clothes for me; some people see something in him, but I'm fucked if I can.

He looks like he's got some talent but can't quite put it together. He got into a lot of good positions but the final ball was generally poor. Both he and Toffolo looked unwilling to run at their full back, so perhaps that was managerial instruction rather than lack of confidence?
REDBUCK

« Reply #125 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 13:44:09 »

It's not that he didn't run at the defender, Bell never looked to pass it forward either his first thought was backwards and it was from one of his wayward passes that their first goal came..  I can't believe Coops would tell one wingback not to take on the defence when the other does nothing else.

I think he pants and Reeves should play there on Tuesday
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 15:08:06 »

Reeves at lwb is a waste, he wouldnt be a threat as he isnt a wide player. Would it not be worth giving barthram a try? Maybe byrne on the left cutting in and barthram out right.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 17:22:58 »

I'm not sure why we kept Bartram to be honest.  He's never used and could have freed up a wage.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 17:27:01 »

I'm not sure why we kept Bartram to be honest.  He's never used and could have freed up a wage.

Has shown flashes of being OK when had the chance ( jpt )
Cooper obv thinks something worth persevering with to keep him
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 17:37:17 »

Bartram looks a bit of a liability to me, too small and not blessed with pace as Byrne is. Think he'll go end of this season.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 10:09:07 »

Saw the highlights and Smith should have had 4 goals. We kept getting in behind Colchester and really should have been out of sight. Luongo also had 2 half chances he created himself which their keeper saved.

We weren't great by any stretch but realistically we could have had 6 on Saturday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #131 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 10:11:16 »

Not forgetting Byrne's run and toe poke that their GK did well to save
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 11:23:10 »

Not forgetting Byrne's run and toe poke that their GK did well to save

7. We could have had 7!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 12:43:27 »

Also I saw that Swindon born George Moncur (John Moncur's son) was playing on Saturday for Colchester. Can't remember if he was any good though.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: