Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Colchester United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20587 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 17:54:56 »

And as the game wore on and we occasionally launched it, both Obika and Smith won their headers.
it would've been a great tactic if they weren't on opposite sides of the field, and stood next to a wingback when jumping!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 18:18:36 »

last seasons defence included experience of Ward, Jay and eventually Troy. This seasons is basically a premiership under under 21 sides. Unsurprisingly we are getting found out. But shit blind balding linesman don't help with that. Neither does the ever unpredictable and currently injured Rossi Branco  being our only permanent central defender.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 18:25:16 »

That slow ponderous build-up from Wes was painful at times, and cost us a goal!  Never mind, onward and upward.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 19:06:15 »

Right, I might show up my ignorance here but I'm too old to care very much.  I don't like three at the back, which I've seen since returning to watch STFC this season after missing a few years. I love the football we play, best ever in my opinion, but every week long balls over our midfield are not dealt with well, are always very dangerous, and leave one on one quite often. Especially with the youth and inexperience of our CBs . 
Is there any conclusive reason why 4-4-2, as in days of old, would not work with this set of players?  IMO  we have three or four very good strikers, and six or seven very good or excellent midfielders who can pass very well and tackle well.   No problems there, and plenty of scoring potential.

A back four should be able to reduce the flank attacks and allow the two centre backs to help each other more. I would think we have the personnel for that.  I suppose it might be more difficult to move it forward from the back, but like today it usually ends up with Fods hitting a long ball anyway to Smith or Byrne.  We have attacked well in all the home games whichever way we did it, short or long. 

I know there is much greater knowledge than mine on here, and would like your opinions please.

ust be the oldest
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #109 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 19:15:21 »

Stick to 3 at the back. This week hasn't been good but this season has. Keep the faith. With Nathan back and Branco fit things will get better.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 20:30:24 »

We badly need an experienced head at the back. Whilst I rate N Thompson and Branco- I feel this would complete the jigsaw as it is needed not only for games like today but also to keep cool heads. We have seen from the last 2 games we cannot be without key players due to sending offs and bookings.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 20:46:43 »

Has everyone forgot that experienced players make mistakes as well?
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 20:48:20 »

Yes course they do- it is the human DNA.

I just think that we need at least 1 experienced head in the back 3/4.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 22:18:19 »

Haven't read back yet.

Disappointed with today's result...unlike Rochdale it was there for the taking.

Still.....woulda coulda shoulda.....

It's October end and we have lost two league matches.....that is excellent as far as I'm concerned.

Clems Army!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 00:25:30 »

First game I've got to this season and I went with son #1 in tow, enjoyed the game, however the stupid old man in seat 182 row P is a fucking moron, one of the "GET IT FORWARD!" crew, from about the 3rd minute onwards. Also kept smacking his rolled up programme on the end of aisle metal bar next to my head any time we missed a good opportunity. Little'un enjoyed it, he's currently on a undefeated streak when watching town, won one, drew one. 2 points a game average is promotion material...

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 07:52:59 »

Stick to 3 at the back. This week hasn't been good but this season has. Keep the faith. With Nathan back and Branco fit things will get better.
^

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 09:04:27 »

oh balls, i'm not sure the equaliser was offside

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 09:25:09 »

Looks like he was juuuuuuuuuuuuuust played onside. Still, both were shit goals to concede,!

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 09:28:26 »

Actually think we miss Rossi Branco. Wins a lot of ball in the air and quick to deal with counter attack. Nathan T a big miss too, especially with not being able to have Louis in cm.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 11:15:11 »

For the second goal when the ball went across the lad who had the fresh air shot looked a mile offside, Massey wasn't though unfortunately.

Yesterday I was convinced they were offside, just shows you it's not always so clear!

Someone mentioned about our idiot fans. We have one up at the back of the DRS who drives me mad with his rantings. Yesterday the ref was writing in his book to give the Colchester player a yellow card and he shouts out 'BOOK HIM REF'. What did he think the ref was doing, plank!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: