Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Colchester United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20460 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 16:38:50 »

Another frustrating home game. We are far too easy to play against at the back at the moment. Ping it in behind and we are all over the place.

First 30 minutes was boring as hell but a nice finish by smith after a great pull back by Bell, and we go into the break 1-0 up. Second half game plan goes to pieces as they score from a breakaway badly defended but smith immediately puts us back in front with another neat finish after good work by Byrne (I think). After that it was jim Rose's circus time as 2 attempted passed by Wes were nearly intercepted and then catastrophic defending led to an equaliser.

After that we picked up a bit and Smith should have completed his hat trick only to be denied by a goal line block. Colchester created little the whole game and we really need to sort things out at the back as we are dropping points to teams we really shouldn't be.

Toffolo followed up the left back tradition at Swindon by hitting his first cross into the town end but did little wrong after. Bell I'm still unsure of but got another assist.
Despite his 2 goals Luongo was man of the match by a country mile.
Had Obika been on the same page he'd have been through twice onto lovely passes. Byrne below par,
Possibly because their left back was decent. Their number 4 was a rock at the back but overall Colchester didn't impress me.

Onto Chesterfield Tuesday, we need to really be better at the back or we could be onto a few thrashings looking at the fixtures!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 16:42:41 »

Colchester were crap but didn't need to be anything else against a fucking awful Town defence. Everything ColU had was provided by us. They hit the ball long and chased and our defence did the rest. We've scored 4 goals in 2 home matches and got 1 point. Even if the 2nd goal was offside our defence still had plenty of chances to clear the fucking thing. Really disappointed with them today.
Our defence has really been dogshit the last 2 games. Hopefully Nathan can come back and sort it out................and stay on the fucking pitch.

inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 16:47:04 »

crap game. we cleared one of the line then we went ahead against the run of play, they had a shout for apen and scored a non goal. things have a tendency to equal out.
2 points from 9 probably suggests this is a wobble or worse, we have been found out at about the same time as last season.
fuck.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 16:56:39 »

Cooper obviously saw a different game to me!!  We were not very good in all honesty and I thought for the whole of the second half the only way we were going to create anything was by Byrne and Luongo bursting into the box.  Looked worse after the substitution of Obika for Williams.  No good complaining about three 19 year-olds at the back, we always knew we were light at the back and nothing was done about it!  Don't think Col. would have found it so easy if Troy was playing - always assuming he would have been fit!!
kerry red

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 16:59:58 »

They should have had a pen in the 2nd half I reckon. Looked nailed on Louis tripping their fella.

Don't know if our defending was shambolic or just comical - whatever, it was fucking awful.

Agree about Luongo, he was fantastic, especially 2nd half.

Nice to see the Yasser Kasim fan club with their Iraqi flag - about a dozen of them.

All in all it was pretty much a replica of Tuesday's game
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 17:08:23 »

Maybe after such a good start my expectations are now too high, but it's been a disappointing week imo.

Don't forget that at the start of the season, many good judges thought we might struggle a bit, mainly because of lack of experience....we had a decent start, but it is very difficult if not impossible to keep that sort of thing going with a small squad.  We've seen already what injuries and suspensions can do.

So in that context we're still doing OK.....
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 17:12:12 »

We seem to concede everytime the ball goes in our penalty area, love to see stats on it but wes doesnt seem to have to make many saves and yet we concede plenty.

Every goal we concede is way too easy
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 17:14:08 »

Nice to see the Yasser Kasim fan club with their Iraqi flag - about a dozen of them.

Reminds me

Was waiting outside at Plymouth and two kiddies pitched up one carrying flowers.
We got chatting, they were there for Kasim and didn't support either team.
They looked a bit glum once I told them he wasn't even in the country let alone playing.

He does attract a following
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 17:15:34 »

That goal was so offside it's shocking. Awful linesman, terrible referee and our defence looked as useful as a marzipan dildo whenever the ball came over the top.

Bell doesn't appear to have any idea in regards to a) what he is doing b) where is he going c) what everyone else is doing d) where everyone else is going. Toffolo was a little better but has a stupid name and a shit haircut and looks like Skeletor.

We should not shoot from outside of the box because we're hopeless at it.

Cooper is right. Young players will make mistakes. Deal with it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 17:24:09 »

2 points from 9 probably suggests this is a wobble or worse, we have been found out at about the same time as last season.
fuck.

After 13 games last season we had 20 points from 6 wins, 2 draws and 5 losses. This season after 13 games we have 23 points from 6 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses. And we've lost 1 league game in 10.

Not a wobble.
kerry red

« Reply #100 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 17:27:57 »

I have been wondering that if we are compelled to have loan defenders why do they have to be young, inexperienced players.

Why not try a more experienced loanee
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 17:31:38 »

Wingbacks were too far forwards when they didn't have the ball. Their only option was to cut in and be less effective. When we got behind them we looked dangerous as smithy proved with his two goals from cut backs.

i thought williams was poor, he did a bit of closing down, but his lack of first touch was apparent.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 17:32:02 »

I have been wondering that if we are compelled to have loan defenders why do they have to be young, inexperienced players.

Why not try a more experienced loanee
because they're cheaper?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 17:41:59 »

also, i admire confidence on the ball, but Wes passing to Yasser when he had four men around him definitely deserved us conceeding the second goal, regardless of how offside it should have been

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
kerry red

« Reply #104 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 17:48:03 »

And as the game wore on and we occasionally launched it, both Obika and Smith won their headers.

Not advocating it, but the option is there.

Like to see Brad Smith back although I still think Bell has something about him.

Win at Chesterfield and we're right back in it
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: