Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup  (Read 87325 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, February 4, 2015, 16:00:37 »

And made £90k for winning the tie.

As well as TV and gate money from the next round. I wonder what the ruling would have been if it had been a team not from the PL?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, February 4, 2015, 16:03:33 »

As well as TV and gate money from the next round. I wonder what the ruling would have been if it had been a team not from the PL?

Well this was the penalty for STFC Ladies team for a minor infringement..

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/sport/11768771.Town_ladies_title_hopes_hit_after_FA_censure/
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, February 4, 2015, 21:46:30 »

I don't understand the Phil Neville bashing, I actually think he's quite good...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 00:20:09 »

Well this was the penalty for STFC Ladies team for a minor infringement..

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/sport/11768771.Town_ladies_title_hopes_hit_after_FA_censure/

We play who we like, we play who we like, we are WHU we play who we like

Remember Tevez and the premier league spot retained at Sheff Utd's expense for a similar petty cash fine.

Let's not even re-visit the differing punishments meted out for illegal payments
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 09:33:40 »

Wasnt the fine £5M? Hardly petty cash.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 13:29:28 »

Wasnt the fine £5M? Hardly petty cash.
In terms of the financial value of staying up, it's miniscule.
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #381 on: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 15:06:20 »

Let's not even re-visit the differing punishments meted out for illegal payments

Off the FA Cup topic I know, but is there, anywhere, a definitive version of what we suffered and how that compared to, say, Posh being demoted, certain 'big' clubs getting away with fines rather than little 'ol Swindon getting demoted, and so on?

There's plenty of apocryphal tales of Man Ure and others lining the pockets of parents when they sign their young sprogs, of new cars being left outside the houses of transfer targets back in the '70s as well. I've heard from ex-Board Members how we, along with others, allegedly manipulated attendance figures to provide a ready supply of (non-taxable) cash.

But apart from digging out the original press exposures of our 'crimes' (which were hardly unbiased anyway), I've yet to come across a serious, written, debate about the whole issue and how we compared to other clubs. I gave up on Tom Bower's 'Broken Dreams' because it seemed to concentrate on the usual suspects (Bates, Clough etc), but that was years ago so maybe I need to get hold of it again.

Guess in the end we're too insignificant.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: