Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup  (Read 87450 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 20:30:14 »

Somewhere down south, enough norvern away games as is
Prefer someone non league too
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 21:14:09 »

Southern non league side away is what I want.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 08:16:04 »

Blyth or Gateshead away for a night out in Newcastle after? Forest Green Away would be pretty good for a cup game. Weymouth if they get through would be decent, Basingstoke as well. No doubt we'll get fucking Crawley at home or something equally as shit.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 08:44:44 »

Anyone but fucking Macclesfield.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 09:39:07 »

From a selfish perspective I hope we get a piss easy draw at home as I am going to West Ham v Villa on the 8th so won't be able to go to whatever game it is.

Or a non-league London based side of which the game moved to a Monday evening for TV.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 09:49:11 »

Would have liked Bath City away just so I can walk down to it, but unfortunately they managed to lose 7-1 to East Thurrock United (from the Ryman League) at the weekend - a bit humiliating.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 10:22:01 »

The chances of a decent draw from that lot are long odds.  We don't want anyone from Div 3....very little novelty in Div 4, and likely to lose to a half decent non league outfit.

Weymouth away would be ace, but can't see them beating Braintree, who are decent Conference level. In fact Braintree would be horrible...I once passed through Braintree many years ago hitching to a festival near Clacton on the east coast, a kind Braintree dweller gave me a lift as far as their humble town.  I was taken by the name, but there seemed little else to distinguish it.  Beating us in the FA Cup would probably be the biggest thing to happen there since the revolt of Boudicca's Iceni.

Weston away would be mad...bring it on.

Of the others....there are a clutch of away games which could be fun, especially for ground collectors...

Norton or Shildon.....sounds good, there's lots of Nortons about no idea where this one is, but Shildon is a historic railway place, in fact its works are older than ours.

Similarly Blyth Spartans, are a great non league name....a trip to Blyth in November  Smiley

Concord Rangers....got to love the name, know nothing about them would be good to have to find out.

AFC Fylde...I always thought Fylde was an egg chasing club, famous for players like Bill Beaumont and Roger Uttley, before it all turned pro.

Gosport Borough or Worcester would be OKish.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 27, 2014, 10:55:57 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 10:59:11 »

Hope we get Bromley away, I might actually get to see the game this time if we do...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 12:28:45 »

Southern non league side away is what I want.

Bristol Rovers perhaps Smiley
Talk Talk

« Reply #54 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 12:44:26 »

Bristol Rovers perhaps Smiley

Clap
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 13:08:21 »

Would have liked Bath City away just so I can walk down to it, but unfortunately they managed to lose 7-1 to East Thurrock United (from the Ryman League) at the weekend - a bit humiliating.

This was my hope! I could walk to it, too! Not to mention it being my birthday weekend so a piss-up would have been on the cards! (and probably still is  Beers)

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 14:36:16 »

and likely to lose to a half decent non league outfit.

Yes, we are just that bad.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 14:48:53 »

Yes, we are just that bad.

We've lost our last 3 cup games v non league sides, all in this decade. It had previously taken us 55 years since our first entry into R1 proper to achieve that particular feat.  Sad
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 14:56:07 »

A statistic that would have zero effect on the players if we were to play a non-league side
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 15:05:02 »

A statistic that would have zero effect on the players if we were to play a non-league side

I would like to think that seeing as how Cooper and a few of the players were around for last season's humiliation, that statistic might motivate them to try a bit harder....

Hopefully not too many of our loan players will be refused permission  to play
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: